October 2013 Code Watch?!

ok..I did a little searching and went back 3 years just to be curious about the free dining offers from 2010 to present and noticed that the fd pin this yr stops on Oct 2nd and then starts on Oct 18th but previous years general public fd always stopped on the thurs before Columbus day. Just curious what everyone thinks about this years fd for October. Do you think the general public offer will extend to the week before Columbus day since it has for the last several years?? Really hoping it does cause we have a chk in date of Oct 6th..I may be able to move it back a day or 2 but could not move it to Oct 2nd at all. Just being bored and really hoping general public offer is later than Oct 2nd..lol a girl can dream cant she.

I sure hope it does we arrive the 8th!

We are having the same issue... We arrive on the 3rd! Can't move our dates because we already purchased our plane tickets :/

ok..I did a little searching and went back 3 years just to be curious about the free dining offers from 2010 to present and noticed that the fd pin this yr stops on Oct 2nd and then starts on Oct 18th but previous years general public fd always stopped on the thurs before Columbus day. Just curious what everyone thinks about this years fd for October. Do you think the general public offer will extend to the week before Columbus day since it has for the last several years?? Really hoping it does cause we have a chk in date of Oct 6th..I may be able to move it back a day or 2 but could not move it to Oct 2nd at all. Just being bored and really hoping general public offer is later than Oct 2nd..lol a girl can dream cant she.

Agreed...I cannot push my dates back, we are arriving the day after our wedding. If it happens, I hope the 6th is included! That's when we check in too. Fingers crossed for *something*, if not FD then a room discount at least, then maybe we could upgrade...

The earliest we can arrive is the 4th, so I'm right there with you. Wish upon a star...

joyfulDisneytears said:
Agreed...I cannot push my dates back, we are arriving the day after our wedding. If it happens, I hope the 6th is included! That's when we check in too. Fingers crossed for *something*, if not FD then a room discount at least, then maybe we could upgrade...

Congratulations on your wedding!! I wish we woukd have done a Disney honeymoon. We went to the poconos. We are planning, at some point, to do a second honeymoon.

I am dreaming and hoping with you too, as we check in Oct 3rd:):) Our dates unfortunatly can't be adjusted.

Same for us on the dates. We are going 5-12. Historically I thought we would be "in the window" for free dining. Plus it is going to be my daughters birthday while we are there so we don't want to change dates.

Same for us on the dates. We are going 5-12. Historically I thought we would be "in the window" for free dining. Plus it is going to be my daughters birthday while we are there so we don't want to change dates.

Same here on dates... And I really thought it would be included! Can't move our dates either! Going regardless but any discount would be nice!

I really REALLY hope there's free dining near the end of October. Doing a split stay at POL:FQ and then BC:CL starting the 18th with the DH and my sister. I'd rather just have it for the BC:CL stay! Good luck everyone!!

I really REALLY hope there's free dining near the end of October. Doing a split stay at POL:FQ and then BC:CL starting the 18th with the DH and my sister. I'd rather just have it for the BC:CL stay! Good luck everyone!!

I am wishing with you!!! We are at BC CL 10/21-25th. We will have to meet for some snacks!!:cool1:

Congratulations!!! My husband and I honeymooned at WDW in 2005. You and your hubby will have a wonderful time. We now have a child and will be bringing her in October. We will be there from October 2-9. Hoping for free dining. I hope that all of our dates will be included.

Bah. I'm starting to think that the pixie dust is not coming our way. Two rounds of PINs down and none for us. :(

Arriving Oct 31. Just talked to a cast member who said likely NO MORE free dining offered, unless fall bookings are way down. More likely to see a percentage off type discount. Not sure what to think/believe. I guess it's wait and see. :(

Arriving Oct 31. Just talked to a cast member who said likely NO MORE free dining offered, unless fall bookings are way down. More likely to see a percentage off type discount. Not sure what to think/believe. I guess it's wait and see. :(

That's in line with what the phone CM told me when I called to see if we had a PIN. Offer may not come out if the rooms fill up. I keep reading where it's recommended to book now then call to apply the PIN when it comes out. That's kind of backwards. Why would they offer FD to fill up the rooms when the rooms are full? :confused3

CM on the phone just yesterday when I asked about a PIN told me to check back later this summer when October deals are typically released (meaning they probably don't know anything yet). I am not giving up hope on a better promo or FD. Nope. "Even miracles take a little time..." - Cinderella :)

You need to remember we are on a planning forum with lots of planers. We are a very small percentage of Disney guests. Many people book last minute or book because a special comes out. Just because some of us have our rooms reserved does not mean there will be no discounts. There are many many rooms at WDW!!!! Some cms say no free dining others say watch for the public fd. Really they know no more than we do.

Also, everyone was saying there would be NO FREE DINING AT ALL this year. And, that turned out to be wrong. I'm going to keep hoping.

I just want a room discount for my dates.. or even part of them.... 10/5-10/13... here's hoping.

Me too! I just don't get the obsession with free dining. I don't even like the dining plan. 35% off at a deluxe would save me way more than I would spend on food. Here's hoping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter