Official 2010 College Football Discussion Thread

I am really glad to hear that. That is best for college football all

around. :thumbsup2

However. GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!

The Noles were pumped for this game. Here is the crowd doing the chop:

100_1052.jpg

TCD

I spoke to a buddy of mine that said the crowd was the loudest he has witnessed in several years. He lives in Tally and goes to all the games. ABC showed the fans doing the Warchant for about 3-5 prior to the game and never cut from the footage. It sounded awesome!

Chief Osceola came off his horse for the spear plant. At last year's last home game, they let retiring defensive coordinator, Mickey Andrews, plant the spear. But, as far as I know, Chief Osceola did it:
TCD

Cheif Osceola planted the spear this year.

During the game, they never announced what was happening in the Maryland/NC State game. I guess they didn't want the distraction. But, as the game ended, they played some live coverage of that game on the scoreboard. Maryland was up on NC State, and if Maryland won, FSU would get to go to the ACC Championship. Well, Maryland won. And FSU fans had a lot to celebrate!

TCD

I'm not sure if you saw the scoreboard prior to the game, but it was mentioned that Jimbo didn't want to show the score so the team was not distracted. They posted a picture of a statement on the scoreboard to that effect on the broadcast.

It was a good game for Nole fans, but UF's offense was really out of sync after that first drive. They moved the ball at times and racked up some rushing yards, but had such poor field position the entire game that it definitely made it difficult for them.

Thanks for your football TR's this year, I have enjoyed them!

I spoke to a buddy of mine that said the crowd was the loudest he has witnessed in several years. He lives in Tally and goes to all the games. ABC showed the fans doing the Warchant for about 3-5 prior to the game and never cut from the footage. It sounded awesome!

Yes, I finally got to see the Doak full for the first time this season.

And, the crowd was loud.

Not as loud as a Gator home game.

But, not bad.

What I don't get is how everybody sits down at the Doak.

At UF, the fans would be on their feet for the whole game.

At FSU, folks were asking the people in front of them to sit.

I hope that FSU's fans come back. It's sad to see all of the empty seats during the rest of the season.

I'm sure if they win the ACC that there will be more folks in attendance at the beginning of next year.

TCD

Well it's been a while since I posted on this thread. Thanks for the pix, TCD, of the FSU and Gator games.

Bama gave one away against Auburn, I hate to say it. It's one thing when the opposing team takes it as South Carolina and LSU did but to give it away is disappointing. Had Mac and Richardson completed the no-pressure wide-open pitch-and-catch in the endzone in the second quarter it would have been seven points. Instead we took the field goal and that was the margin in the game.

Arkansas beat LSU by 8 points (still a one-score game). That series has really become a good one over the last few years. Close scores, overtime, it seems to have it all. Hog fans should be happy. Who's the qb going to be next year for Arky if Mallet goes pro early?

I think a lot of college football fans were glad to see Boise State lose - I know I was. And kudos to TCU for their move into the Big East. It almost seems like a reverse takeover in business. Assuming Patterson stays at TCU they could almost automatically get the Big East BCS invite to the BCS year in and year out. I don't see anyone coming on to challege TCU in that conference unless Charlie Strong can come on at Louisville.

The Camster got his eligibility reinstated this week. The NCAA rubberstamps those requests approving 99% of them. Of course the problems are not over yet for Auburn with the Enforcement Committee and the Federales still conducting their investigations :cool2:. That part will drag on for months I think.

I took the pop-up and went camping right before Thanksgiving which was wonderful. Went to the beach and stayed at Gulf State Park and the weather was great - highs 75, lows 60. The Park has their pool operating (finally) and it's really nice. The contractor went bankrupt during the build-out and they had to find a second one to finish it which took time. The snow birds have migrated south for the winter with their big diesel trucks and fivers. Saw two A-liners there too which I rarely do. Also saw the BP cleanup crews sifting the oil out of the sand (big job). Bought some locally made cheese and wine so who could ask for more? Restaurants were relatively empty too. All in all a nice trip.

Roll Tide Roll!

Bama ED

Well it's been a while since I posted on this thread. Thanks for the pix, TCD, of the FSU and Gator games.

Bama gave one away against Auburn, I hate to say it. It's one thing when the opposing team takes it as South Carolina and LSU did but to give it away is disappointing. Had Mac and Richardson completed the no-pressure wide-open pitch-and-catch in the endzone in the second quarter it would have been seven points. Instead we took the field goal and that was the margin in the game.

Arkansas beat LSU by 8 points (still a one-score game). That series has really become a good one over the last few years. Close scores, overtime, it seems to have it all. Hog fans should be happy. Who's the qb going to be next year for Arky if Mallet goes pro early?

I think a lot of college football fans were glad to see Boise State lose - I know I was. And kudos to TCU for their move into the Big East. It almost seems like a reverse takeover in business. Assuming Patterson stays at TCU they could almost automatically get the Big East BCS invite to the BCS year in and year out. I don't see anyone coming on to challege TCU in that conference unless Charlie Strong can come on at Louisville.

The Camster got his eligibility reinstated this week. The NCAA rubberstamps those requests approving 99% of them. Of course the problems are not over yet for Auburn with the Enforcement Committee and the Federales still conducting their investigations :cool2:. That part will drag on for months I think.

I took the pop-up and went camping right before Thanksgiving which was wonderful. Went to the beach and stayed at Gulf State Park and the weather was great - highs 75, lows 60. The Park has their pool operating (finally) and it's really nice. The contractor went bankrupt during the build-out and they had to find a second one to finish it which took time. The snow birds have migrated south for the winter with their big diesel trucks and fivers. Saw two A-liners there too which I rarely do. Also saw the BP cleanup crews sifting the oil out of the sand (big job). Bought some locally made cheese and wine so who could ask for more? Restaurants were relatively empty too. All in all a nice trip.

Roll Tide Roll!

Bama ED

Ed- I liked the little trip report you included in your post! :thumbsup2 Glad to hear the weather was nice. It can be cold this time of year (like it is right now, just a week later). I intend to camp in the Florida panhandle some time at Thanksgiving. But, it's hard for me to drive all that way when the Fort is just 90 miles to the East.

I also gained respect for TCU from their joining the Big East. I am not sure that they will be as dominant as you think. I expect good things from USF with Skip Holtz at their helm, and they already seem to be progressing nicely.

As far as the SEC Championship game goes, we have had a lot of bantering, but what does everyone think is likely to happen in the game? SC's running back, Lattimore, is very impressive. If they can get a running game going, which I think they can against Auburn's defense, that gives Garcia time to do some passing. Spurrier is no fool. I am sure he will have a gameplan along these lines. So, I am expecting a lot of offense from both teams. SC could pull an upset. I would hate to see that. But, it is very possible. And if that happens, two inferior teams from crappy conferences will play for the national championship, because the SEC teams beat the heck out of each other. It doesn't seem right, but that's the way it is.

The ACC Championship will also be worth watching. I have seen the Noles play plenty this year, but not the Hokies (except for their opening loss to Boise). I expect this to be a great game, too.

And, am I just not remembering, but since when did other teams have regular season games on the first weekend of December? Do these teams get two weeks off during the regular season? That isn't fair, is it?

TCD

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!

SEC Championship!!!

Next stop National Championship!!!!!!

Yeah, we played like crap. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why we didn't use the gameplan that has worked for us all year - Lattimore 1st, pass 2nd. Anyways, congrats Auburn fans. I still think whatever you win this year will be abandoned once the truth comes out about Cam, but he IS an awesome athlete and y'all beat the crap out of us tonight. I really believed Steve would have us better prepared and I am appalled that Marcus was used so little, just doesn't make sense.

I love it. The guy is cleared and still the boo birds are out. Let it go. His father is a jerk and if you actually knew what he was doing for the local children you would be ashamed of yourselves. Be that as it may, I am a happy clam, whether my RV is working or not. I am sure glad I saved my personal days. Now, about those lotto numbers.....:rotfl2:

ETA, I forgot, It is now....

duckSeason.jpg

OK....

I could care less about camcorder fig newton or whatever his name is.

The fact remains....The chickens were sent to the slaughter house. But just to show that KFK has a gracious side....

Wait for it.....

WAR EAGLE !!!!

Congrats Auburn on the big win....you earned it fo sho!!!!

Good job Auburn!! I'm sure you will represent the SEC well!!
Sorry Gamecocks - I was hoping you'd pull something out second half.

The big rumor is Hogs and Buckeyes in the Sugar Bowl - oooohhhhh! How fun!! DH said "how would we decide whose flag to fly?" I told him he could fly his flag down the street at his buddy Matt's house - my house will have the Razorbacks flag flying! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I love it. The guy is cleared and still the boo birds are out. Let it go. His father is a jerk and if you actually knew what he was doing for the local children you would be ashamed of yourselves.

You can't be serious, Cam, his father, whoever, made a mockery of the NCAA rules and the people who should be ashamed of themselves' are the NCAA and Mike Slive for turning a blind eye for the sake of the almighty dollar.

Like I said, y'all beat the crap out of us. I am giving you credit for the win, and I am truly glad that Cam was available to play in the game because IF we had won without him playing there would've always been that *asterisk next to our win.

Keep looking at the situation through blue and orange colored glasses if you'd like, but you know as well as I do that if we weren't talking about the BCS debacle with TCU being the next team up to play for the championship if Auburn loses, AND the probable Heisman winner, he would've been suspended weeks ago.

And CAM wasn't "cleared." He was ruled eligible to play this week. He wouldn't be "cleared" (as if that's going to happen) until the investigation is over, which won't be until after the NCAA and SEC have made their money from Auburn being in the BCS National Championshp as opposed to TCU.

xfilesbelieve1.jpg

Surely this whole thing is a huge conspiracy by the SEC and the NCAA to keep TCU down. It couldn't possibly be that they investigated, Auburn cooperated, and there was no smoke or fire in Auburn. I mean, the NCAA has never made an example out of big name teams like Alabama or USC - oh wait never mind

You go right on believin' that "the truth is out there." It makes the tears taste sweeter.

I just typed out another, lengthy, argumentative response - then deleted it because nothing I say is going to change history or Auburn fans' perspective, nor will anything you say change mine. We're just going to have to wait and see what the future holds for Cam.

That being said, maybe bowing to your superiority when I admitted that y'all beat the crap out of us didn't serve the Auburn faithfuls' egos well enough. So here goes, Congratulations Auburn FANS. Let's not let our fanaticism get in the way of what's truly important here - man I love Fort Wilderness :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter