Official 2010 College Football Discussion Thread

Congratulations Cam Newton on the Heisman Trophy!

Clearly the obvious choice, he was simply the best player this year and I enjoyed watching him play!

Oh, and congratulations to Will Muschamp, Florida's new coach. I am glad they got an SEC boy to coach 'em up at Florida. Muschamp coached at Auburn and played at Georgia. Best of luck to the reptiles and I can't wait to play them again next year! It never is a dull moment with the two teams, no matter who is ranked where.

I have to say, that pick surprised the heck out of me!

I said I didn't think they would hire a coach who hadn't already been a head coach somewhere.

In the first three weeks of October next year, Florida plays Alabama at home and then LSU and Auburn on the road. In three consecutive weeks! :scared1:

Next year will be an interesting one for the Gators!

Congratulations Cam Newton on the Heisman Trophy!

Clearly the obvious choice, he was simply the best player this year and I enjoyed watching him play!

I agree 100%!

Congratulations to Cam and Auburn.

Now, go y'all go out and win another National Championship for the SEC!

TCD

:santa:O.K. ALL YOU AUBURN FANS! CONGRATULATIONS ON A GOOD YEAR. BUT REMEMBER UNTIL JANUARY 10, WE ARE STILL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. ROLL TIDE! YES, WE ARE A HOUSE DIVIDED....AN AUBURN GRAD. AND ALABAMA ALUMNI. JUST WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR....ALABAMA WILL BE BACK AND YOU WILL SEE US IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAIN!

AND CAM WILL BE GONE FROM AUBURN. HOPEFULLY INGRAM WILL STILL BE WITH US TOO.

WE ARE IN THE CAMPGROUND NOW IN 518. ALL DECORATED AND HAVE OUR MICKEY HEAD LAMP OUT FRONT WITH OUR DISBOARDS SIGN ON IT.

WE SAW DAVE THE CASTLE MAN'S SET UP LAST NIGHT IN THE 700 LOOP AND IT IS AMAZING. HIS WIFE WAS HOSPITALIZED AFTER THEY GOT HERE BUT SHE IS OUT NOW AND HE HAS SAT UP THE CASTLE ALL SET UP NOW FROM 6 TO 10 P.M. I WANT ONE AND I WOULD PROBABLY KEEP IT UP ALL YEAR AT HOME.

WISHING ALL OF YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HEALTHY, HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.

GOD BLESS EVERYONE.

JUDY AND THE CREW

We're going to be at Disneyworld 02JAN - 11JAN, and I'm concerned about watching the BCS games... There doesn't seem to be many places to watch sports in the 'World. We've been to the ESPN club before, and I doubt that place will be big enough to serve all the people who might want to watch the games.

Can anyone make recommendations? We'll have a car, so we can head over to International drive, but I would obviously rather let Mickey do the driving :)

We're in FW right now and get all the ESPN stations on Disney cable. I don't think we'll miss any of the games, and we'll be home before Auburn beats Oregon on the 10th. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yeah, watching the games in our room will be our last resort, but we've got girls, 10 and 14 yrs old, NOT football fans. If we go back to the room, they'll be forced to watch a movie on a 17 inch computer... not my idea of "atmosphere"...

Yeah, watching the games in our room will be our last resort, but we've got girls, 10 and 14 yrs old, NOT football fans. If we go back to the room, they'll be forced to watch a movie on a 17 inch computer... not my idea of "atmosphere"...

Based on your comment about your room, I gather you are not staying at the Fort?

One of the great things about the Fort is that you can bring a cable splitter, and have two (or more) TV's hooked up, if you want. The kids can watch one, and you can have one.

If you aren't staying at the Fort, then there's the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk, which you seem to be familiar with. There is also a new ESPN sports restaurant at the Wide World Of Sports Complex, which is near the Pop Century Resort. I haven't been there yet, but I would bet it isn't as busy as the Boardwalk location.

All of the WDW resorts have TV's at their bars. Since the BCS games are all on ESPN, they will probably have those on.

I know that there are sports bars not far from WDW. But, I can't help you with which one. If I am set on watching a game, I will have my own TV at my campsite. That is the way to go.

TCD

HAPPY NEW YEAR

The New Year has been good to the SEC. Congrats to Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi State. I just hope this good karma carries over to the Cotton Bowl next weekend for LSU. Gotta love college football and WDW!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

The New Year has been good to the SEC. Congrats to Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi State. I just hope this good karma carries over to the Cotton Bowl next weekend for LSU. Gotta love college football and WDW!

Yep the SEC looked good over the weekend.

Even Tennessee. Until they lost. :(

But not S.C. I can't S.C. lost to FSU. We got to watch that one at the Fort, and it was all good in the TCD gang.

Florida teams did great in their bowl games- UCF, USF, FSU and UF. But not Miami.

Again, all good in the TCD gang.

And, speaking of how conferences have done in their bowl games, I guess we now know that the Big Ten remains highly overrated.

Good luck to the rest of the SEC teams playing in the next week!

TCD

So I know I'm jumping in a little late, but here's my two cents.

Shout out to TCU!!!!!! I have a friend who went there, but I just think it's great that a little, non-conference school like that did so well. It was the only team I pulled for that actually won.

As you can tell from my signature, I'm an ECU student and bleed purple and gold. Or well, I did until that debacle of a bowl game. Our season started out so well, we had a lot of strong players and the young defense was holding its own. And then we got creamed by Navy, and went downhill. I was hoping the Military Bowl would give us a chance to redeem ourselves, but all we did was embarass ourselves. I think we got called for 12 penalties? At least 5 false starts, and 2 delay of games that I know of. We looked like we'd never played football before. It doesn't help that I also harbor a severe disliking of Maryland. And maybe it's because I'm biased, but I feel like the announcers were very one-sided. After the talk about Maryland being disappointed in their bowl assignment, I was really hoping we could show them what we were made of. *sigh* At least we could make field goals this year.

I still cannot believe the Tennessee/UNC game. I will pull for anyone playing UNC (except Maryland), and I really thought they had the game. I keep hoping that time will rewind and the call that the game was over will stand. But, I will give credit to the Tarheels, they played a great game. If I weren't also a Duke fan, I might be happy for them. But only maybe.

Welcome, SoccerDogWithEars. ECU's former coach is doing a good job at USF so far.

Well, OSU finally beat an SEC team in a BCS bowl. That was a good game, and it certainly could have gone either way. I feel bad for Mallett. I can't remember seeing that many dropped passes in such a big game. OSU did a much better job on keeping its composure and on making plays when it had to. Arky is not quite ready for prime time.

War Sweater Vest.

TCD

As a huge lifelong georgia bulldogs fan, i was very disappointed with our season. Hopefully Mark Richt will get this turned around.

Rooting for Auburn to represent the SEC

I really enjoyed the second half of the game last night - until we lost! :headache:
We won't mention the first half - that was just painful...
I'm glad we got to play a BCS bowl - it was awesome!! Wasn't Arkansas the only team in a BCS bowl that was not a conference champion (or co-champ)?
Overall, it was a good year for the Hogs - I'm proud of them! Sooooiieee!!!

Man, thank goodness the crazy month of December and holiday time is over. :cool1: Between work, school, and family it was busy!

I have not watched many bowl games this year but caught snatches of many.

First, poor Derek Dooley at TN. Has anyone else had any worse luck this year?

Second, the New Years Day trio did well as we know (Bama, Florida, Miss St). My Tide finally played a complete game. Urban went out a winner. And Mullen gave RichRod a shove in the back to help him out the door.

Third, the Hogs last night looked out of sorts-sorry mgsmom. The Gang of 5 at OSU that should have had their suspensions start immediately made the difference.

Now LSU is next up to represent the SEC.

What do you Gator fans think about hiring Muschamp? Probably a good move on his part but did anyone want someone with Head Coach experience? What about hiring Weiss as his OC?

Can you believe this is the first day to not have a pro or college football game after 18 straight days? Wow!:cheer2:

Bama ED

What do you Gator fans think about hiring Muschamp? Probably a good move on his part but did anyone want someone with Head Coach experience? What about hiring Weiss as his OC?

Can you believe this is the first day to not have a pro or college football game after 18 straight days? Wow!:cheer2:

Bama ED

Yes, I missed not having a football game to watch last night.

And, then tonight we get the GoDaddy bowl?

I think that shows there are too many bowl games.

I really don't know what to think about Muschamp. It sure surprised me. I would rather have stolen another team's coach. Like Boise's or Stanford's. But, the Gator Nation seems to feel good about this hire. I have never been impressed by Charlie Weiss. Again, I would rather that they hired someone with a proven college football track record.

It will be interesting next year, for sure.

TCD

Yes, I missed not having a football game to watch last night.

And, then tonight we get the GoDaddy bowl?

I think that shows there are too many bowl games.

I really don't know what to think about Muschamp. It sure surprised me. I would rather have stolen another team's coach. Like Boise's or Stanford's. But, the Gator Nation seems to feel good about this hire. I have never been impressed by Charlie Weiss. Again, I would rather that they hired someone with a proven college football track record.

It will be interesting next year, for sure.

TCD

Okay. I'm always interested in the established-head-coach versus up-and-coming assistant coach decision. I would have thought that given Florida is an established top national program that it would have wanted an established successful head coach. If they went days without hiring then they might have fallen back to a Plan B and hired the top assistant out there. But Jeremy Foley made this decision very quickly as if Muschamp was his first choice.

I don't have a dog in this fight but it's interesting none-the-less. It sounds like he has held on to most of the recruiting class.

Bama ED

Okay. I'm always interested in the established-head-coach versus up-and-coming assistant coach decision. I would have thought that given Florida is an established top national program that it would have wanted an established successful head coach. If they went days without hiring then they might have fallen back to a Plan B and hired the top assistant out there. But Jeremy Foley made this decision very quickly as if Muschamp was his first choice.

I don't have a dog in this fight but it's interesting none-the-less. It sounds like he has held on to most of the recruiting class.

Bama ED

Like I said, I was left scratching my head when Foley announced the new coach so quickly. I have to think that all of this had been orchestrated long before anything was announced. Urban clearly was not happy this year. I think he just went through the motions. Foley had to know what was coming. I really would have liked to go after someone with a proven track record, but Muschamp was Texas' coach in waiting. Foley has done a great job as AD in Florida, so I have to believe he made a good choice here.

I am happy to put what was a painful season behind, and I am looking forward to next year!

p.s. I'm looking forward to LSU kicking some butt in Texas tonight for the SEC!

p.p.s. I'm really looking forward to AU kicking some butt on Monday night!

War Eagle!

TCD

Well, I know at least one Auburn fan is excited about tonight's game!

For anyone interested, my local paper had a great article this morning on Gene Chizik. I think I mentioned this before, but Gene went to the same High School in Clearwater as Mrs. TCD. Mrs. TCD has a brother and a cousin who played football with Gene. Gene's dad was a good friend of my late father-in-law.

Gene is good people.

Here's a link to the article for those of you who like to read such things: St. Pete Times Article on Gene Chizik

So, for just this once, this Gator says War Eagle!

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter