"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

I'm guessing the longest lines will be for Jack & Sally, Dwarfs, the witch from Snow White, Captain Jack Sparrow, and Cruella De ville. Maybe the Frozen sisters. Anyone have experience with lines for Alice in Wonderland characters, Aladdin characters, Buzz & Lotso, or Tarzan characters? I'm trying to make a rough plan and its hard to cram everything in in just 5 hours.
You won't be able to do everything.

I don't know if the witch from Snow White will be out - no villains this year. The witch in her hag costume is out and never has a line. I don't know about Tarzan, but the rest of the character syou listed have very reasonable wait times - about the same as what you'd wait to meet characters during the day. We've met Captain Jack with a VERY long line and with NO line. I never know what to expect with him.

So I had no idea what Disney bound was......after googling :wave2: I think I understand but wanted to make sure. Is it just making your own costumes with normalish clothes to resemble the clothes of that particular character?

Also, is it a "no-no" to wear your costume the entire day of the party? Or is it just recommended to go back to the resort and change and come back? It doesn't really matter for us because we are probably wearing Halloween tshirts.
Yeah, that's basically the idea. I think of it as capturing the essence of a chracter's look. Here's the original Disney Bounder (I think, at least): http://leslieakay.polyvore.com/?filter=sets

You can wear your costume all day if you want. Most people don't, but they definitely won't kick you out for wearing a Halloween shirt.

This might be a silly question but will I be able to set FP+ for the party day once I hit the 30-day window for it?

Not all of our park tickets are in MDE yet and we are staying offsite.

You have to have a ticket entitlement for any day you want a FP+. If your ticket is linked in MDE, then you will be able to make FP+s with it when your window opens.

Since it is such a pain to post pics here I thought I would just share the link to my flickr album from my 2013 Halloween trip. It is a lot of pics, I uploaded everything, but party pics start on page 2. One that cracked me up was Dracula pushing the stroller. He was very serious and just gave me a slight nod as I took his pic.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/celiaperkins/t38jRL

I have a couple of other Disney albums out there too if you want to explore. I am not the best photog and nowhere near as good as some i have seen. I try to replicate some of their shots but do not have the patience to set up a tripod, etc. There are a lot of blurry shots when you enlarge them.

Thanks for posting the link! I LOVED your album. I had forgotten how beautiful POR was, since we have not stayed there in years. The Halloween Party pics were great! I wish I had been able to steal a few of those when I made our photobook from our 2013 trip!

updated Kenny the pirate link to meet and greet characters this year http://www.kennythepirate.com/2015/...so-scary-halloween-party-character-locations/
According to his list, Aurora is meeting in City Hall and Fantasyland - that seems odd.

Is Snow White's witch always there? I hadn't noticed her the past 2 years - but I also wasn't planning to go as Snow White like I am this year!

If he means the hag, she used to be in fantasyland and never had a wait. Her costume is not the greatest.

Last edited:
Kenny's map is off too...he has Jack and Sally "map posted" at City Hall but has them "text listed" as Storybook Circus. I'm pretty sure it IS Storybook Circus.

Getting more and more excited to hear about the first party reports!!

Kenny the pirate lists the hag from snow white being in liberty square. It looks like a lot of the villians that are our this year will be in fantasyland. I can't wait to see the reports from the first party. I think we are going to try for photos with Lotso, Dwarfs, Tarzan, Jafar, Queen of Hearts, Genie, and possibly the witch/hag from Snow White if her line isn't ridiculously long. I'm surprised the Tremaines aren't going to be out at all. I'm hoping since Aurora is listed twice on Kenny the pirate that one of those is an error and will be Lady Tremaines and the stepsisters. Or Dr. Facilier would be a nice addition to Liberty Square. My son is a character nut so other than the fireworks and parade we are all about the meet and greets.

According to his list, Aurora is meeting in City Hall and Fantasyland - that seems odd.

Is Snow White's witch always there? I hadn't noticed her the past 2 years - but I also wasn't planning to go as Snow White like I am this year!

If he means the hag, she used to be in fantasyland and never had a wait. Her costume is not the greatest.

I think the Snow White witch is the Hag. DPB has said that the Evil Queen from Snow White won't be meeting. It seems odd to move the Hag to Liberty Square...where they had her last year made sense.

ETA: At this point, I'm waiting until the first party. KTP's advance information just doesn't seem accurate.

Quick question...we have an ADR at BOG for 4:15 on party day...when do you think we will be out of there? Just trying to make a plan...TIA! :)

Quick question...we have an ADR at BOG for 4:15 on party day...when do you think we will be out of there? Just trying to make a plan...TIA! :)

Depending on how fast you eat, probably about an hour. With dinner starting at 4:00, there shouldn't be a backup and you should be seated quickly.

I think the Snow White witch is the Hag. DPB has said that the Evil Queen from Snow White won't be meeting. It seems odd to move the Hag to Liberty Square...where they had her last year made sense.

ETA: At this point, I'm waiting until the first party. KTP's advance information just doesn't seem accurate.
Agreed on all points. Kenny the Pirate presents himself as such an authority - and he does know a lot - but he isn't affiliated with Disney so he doens't really know anything else than we do at this point.

Here's the thing about Kenny...
He works really hard to get the info out as soon as possible, but in his rush to do so, some errors occur. He fixes them very quickly, so if you see something off, just comment on his articles and he figures it out and fixes it. I bugged him so much the other day that I was worried he'd pull my subscription. :rotfl2:

I think his list has some errors, as in he was updating his old list and missed a few taking out a few lines (thus double postings).

But, dznycharacterinsider on Twitter posted about The Hag being in Liberty and Sleeping Beauty being in Jack and Sally's old spot the other night first (I think that's his source) and since I've been following him everything he's tweeted about this year has been accurate so as odd as the location seems for the characters, I'd say it's probably right.

Maybe it's to make room for some other 'special' meets they want to keep a surprise *fingers crossed*

Our kids want to see the characters, but they don't particularly care about getting pictures with them. With that in mind, what would be the best use of our time? We definitely want to hit the Boo To You parade, Hallowishes, and trick-or-treating.

Our kids want to see the characters, but they don't particularly care about getting pictures with them. With that in mind, what would be the best use of our time? We definitely want to hit the Boo To You parade, Hallowishes, and trick-or-treating.
Well, If they do not care about actually meeting the characters and getting their pictures taken...the parade and the stage show would have most of the characters covered in getting to see them. A few like Jack and Sally etc are not in the parade. Are you wanting to ride rides during the party at all?

The Monsters Dance Party in Tomorrowland is really cute if they like those characters!

Does anyone know if there is a face painting kiosk near Fantasyland? Would like to have DD painted up as part of her costume after our reservation at BOG...? I cannot find a map with those listed.

Found that there is only ONE at Magic Kingdom located in Tomorrowland near Space Mountain Restrooms...is that the only one?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter