******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got Fd! I got up this morning Around 5am CST (I overslept, oh no!). I couldn't change my CBR reservation since I had the spinning wheels of death. I decided to just make a new reservation for a cabin & suites at AoA since I didn't know which 1 my family wanted. I kept checking for a CBR to open up. I couldn't get anything on ge phone. I almost just gave up. Around 2 or 3pm CST I was able to change my CBR reservation. and added FD to both of our reservations and kept the gift cards (I hope!). I canceled the cabin & AoA reservation.
The weird thing is on my reservation one of my CBR reservations says MWY + Dining $TY (or something like that) and the other says MYW. I did get get confirmations for BOTH reservations of the change. It might just need 24 hr to refresh. I will cal tomorrow to confirm.

For those who didn't get what they want, keep checking!

I hope no one gets too worried about not getting what they want. This is only day #1, there are many many many more days to try to get what you need. People WILL be cancelling, ( I'll be cancelling one of my ressies) and things WILL become available. Try in 2 or 3 more days, many more ressies should open up, then keep trying after. Hopefully everyone will get something they can be happy with.

YES...if you really want FD just keep checking. I went in on a whim and found an AS room available for 8/31-9/4 w/ the FD promotion at 2pm this afternoon. It's constantly changing. We ended up doing the 30% RO discount PIN I was hoarding, with flights it came to $1500. The cheapest FD package we could find was almost $3,000.

So I am playing around with dates. Our trip is 8/26-9/5. I put in 8/26-8/31 at All Star Music and a standard room comes up under free dining. So then I put in 8/31-9/5 and same thing. Standard room available. So why wouldn't my entire trip come up? All dates splitting it are out there. Sent the same thing to my TA to look at.

Is that using the modify button? We used a travel agent so I think that is why I don't have that button so I am just constantly checking the website as a new reservation. Would I be better to call or just do what I'm doing. I worry that my TA isn't checking as much as I would.
Yes it was using the modify button. If you booked with a TA you can't do anything to your reservation they have to do it. If you find something I would book it! You can always change the reservation over to your TA if you want or just cancel with them and keep control yourself. I personally couldn't have sat and waited to see if they were going to secure anything

Now I have to decide between the FW cabins and ASMu suites. For some reason I thought I booked AoA, but I actually booked ASMu. Must've been really sleepy. Anyway, I have a choice to make now, I have 2 different FD reservations. My problem is if I go with FW cabins, I've already paid off the ASMu package when I booked this morning. Not sure how difficult it would be to transfer the money to another res.

I'm looking at the same 2 I reserved, what are your pros/cons?

ok, I snagged my free dining but have a question about tickets. I now have 2 sets of tickets in my MDE: one set of Canadian discounted tickets purchased a while ago and the tickets I purchased to get the free dining package.

Since the Canadian tickets don't expire I want to save them for a future trip. So when I check in for my FD stay I understand that I should have the tickets prioritized so the tickets purchased with the FD package will be used first.

But what happens when I make my fast pass selections at 60 days? Will I be able to choose what tickets my fast passes are on?

The system will allow you to book FPs for the total number of tickets you have available in your MDE account. The tickets won't actually be used until you enter the tapstiles. We went to Guest Services to have them designate which tickets were our primaries, so the system didn't use days from the wrong ones.

So I am playing around with dates. Our trip is 8/26-9/5. I put in 8/26-8/31 at All Star Music and a standard room comes up under free dining. So then I put in 8/31-9/5 and same thing. Standard room available. So why wouldn't my entire trip come up? All dates splitting it are out there. Sent the same thing to my TA to look at.
Mine did this this morning as well. I made both reservations and called Disney (was on hold for three hours, which I don't recommend), and they told me they can combine it to make one reservation, I just have to wait until I can talk to guest services (which was going to be another 3 hour hold and I decided against it). I was told to call back on Wednesday when the wait would be shorter.

In the end, I was able to book both, then I kept checking back and adding dates to my first reservation until I had the full dates on one reservation. Once that was confirmed, I canceled the second reservation. Now I don't have to call Disney again and I have exactly what I want. You may want to play around with it a bit.

My understanding is that they have allotments of certain day reservations. So, ASMu may have x number of 5 day packages, and y number of 6 day packages, but are out of their 11 day packages. Seem to recall that from last year . . .

I understand people booked early at CBR and got a $75/night GC and now people who book there don't get the gift card. I know the resort is undergoing major renovations and I think people deserve the GC but I don't think it's fair to give some people the GC and not the others, they are all going to have the inconveniences of the renovations.

I was wondering the same thing, why there was a cut off to get it?

Called for 3 hours this morning. "On Hold" in chat for an hour for the agent to tell me to just change my reservation online. On hold for 2 hours this evening. Only to be told that there is no more FD available for 11/17-11/25 at ASMusic.

Does anyone have those dates and may not need them? Any suggestions?

Mine did this this morning as well. I made both reservations and called Disney (was on hold for three hours, which I don't recommend), and they told me they can combine it to make one reservation, I just have to wait until I can talk to guest services (which was going to be another 3 hour hold and I decided against it). I was told to call back on Wednesday when the wait would be shorter.

In the end, I was able to book both, then I kept checking back and adding dates to my first reservation until I had the full dates on one reservation. Once that was confirmed, I canceled the second reservation. Now I don't have to call Disney again and I have exactly what I want. You may want to play around with it a bit.

Thanks! I sent your experience to my TA. Hopefully something will work. I know he is working hard to try and get it for us.

Yes it was using the modify button. If you booked with a TA you can't do anything to your reservation they have to do it. If you find something I would book it! You can always change the reservation over to your TA if you want or just cancel with them and keep control yourself. I personally couldn't have sat and waited to see if they were going to secure anything

I am kicking myself now for not just doing it myself. It is my first time using a TA because I am a control freak, but we are going with 3 other families so I thought it would be easier with a TA. Boy was I wrong because what I was looking for was available when I looked this morning and when I texted her she said it would be best to call with 4 rooms and you can't double book or you will lose both reservations. By the time she got through the standard rooms were gone so she did garden view but then could only get 3. So as of right now 1 family is really out of luck and we couldn't switch back because original were gone she said. I could really use some pixie dust!

I was wondering the same thing, why there was a cut off to get it?

I wonder if they made reservations before there was notice of the major work being done...and people booking now are doing so with full knowledge? I do not know if this is the case just speculating.

I finally got Fd! I got up this morning Around 5am CST (I overslept, oh no!). I couldn't change my CBR reservation since I had the spinning wheels of death. I decided to just make a new reservation for a cabin & suites at AoA since I didn't know which 1 my family wanted. I kept checking for a CBR to open up. I couldn't get anything on ge phone. I almost just gave up. Around 2 or 3pm CST I was able to change my CBR reservation. and added FD to both of our reservations and kept the gift cards (I hope!). I canceled the cabin & AoA reservation.
The weird thing is on my reservation one of my CBR reservations says MWY + Dining $TY (or something like that) and the other says MYW. I did get get confirmations for BOTH reservations of the change. It might just need 24 hr to refresh. I will cal tomorrow to confirm.

For those who didn't get what they want, keep checking!

I had the $TY when I originally booked CBR last month. But I couldn't modify it so they cleaned it up. This morning I modified the reservation and then by afternoon the $TY was back on the reservation. A CM checked to make sure that I was still getting the gift card and I am.

I had the $TY when I originally booked CBR last month. But I couldn't modify it so they cleaned it up. This morning I modified the reservation and then by afternoon the $TY was back on the reservation. A CM checked to make sure that I was still getting the gift card and I am.

What is the $TY stand for?

I got POP for 9/7 to 9/16. There is a chance that i will drop it too, as im waiting on my TA to try to add dinign to our other existign reservation. I don't know if there is a way to communicate to you if and when i cancel it.

Will keep trying. Thanks! I am inpatient. LOL. We did free dining the very first year they offered it and I was panicky until we secured it and then we released our original reservation. However, looking back on it we had no problem, no big rush. This is too stressful.

If you are having trouble with the blue ring on MDE, have you tried another browser or clear your browsing history. It usually helps the situation. I had to do it several times today because of all the refreshing Of Disney site and multiple tabs I had open.

Still haven't gotten an email saying my reservation was canceled. It's not showing up on my MDE so I'm not really concerned but I just want the confirmation email!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter