Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

I am trying to buy the express passes but it says select date then does nothing and wont let me? Anyone else having problems? thanks

I was having the same issues, so I called the main line. The TM was super friendly, and was able to help

FYI on AP discounts - We never encountered this in the past, so I don't know if this is normal, but beware for those this applies to.

Our APs expire on 9/23 and we planned our trip this year to start earlier so that we could get two trips from one year's AP. When we called to buy the ROF with our AP discount I was told that the AP needs to be valid for the entire duration of the ROF period to get the AP discount.

I asked the TM to verify that with a supervisor...

Aaaaaand now I'm told that none of the AP discount tickets are loaded in the TM call center reservation system. I offered to just pay the non AP price (it's only a $12 difference!) and *those* tickets (ROF non AP) were also not loaded.

Why do they update the website but not have the rest of their operations on the same page?

Sooner or later all prices will be up o. The hhn site

I usually wait and purchase my hhn tix and extras in July

No glitches then

We'll be 1st timers at HHN this year but are only around for the opening weekend. We were planning on doing the Sunday but are also thinking of doing opening night - Is opening night mad busy, or manageable and can you stay in the park and use the holding areas like on otehr nights ? Cheers

Thanks for getting back - think we'lll go for FF ticket and do the Friday / Sunday then. Can't wait !!

Teejay, since you are going opening weekend, look at the Rush of Fear passes instead of the Frequent Fear passes. The RoF passes are valid the first 10 nights of HHN and are cheaper than the regular FF passes. :thumbsup2

The prices are up on the website now. That's my point :rolleyes1

IT may have gotten a bit ahead of themselves. Often i don't call to purchase my tix until September as we visit early in October, can't recall a sell out then.

Interesting re the AP issue. I wouldn't be happy to hear it either, however, I can see their rationale.

I am SUPER confused about tickets…can someone please just tell me which tickets to buy?!

DH and I will be there October 29th and October 30th. Since we've never been, I think we should probably go both nights and get the EP to see everything.

I am going back to UO next April so I plan on getting an AP. DH will need a ticket for just the 2 days…we would like to spend the days at UO/IOA, as well.

Which tickets would y'all recommend?? Thanks!!

And im still just here waiting for the single night tickets with fast passes with A.P. discount to be available... sigh.
Tried the site a million times and sat on customer service line for a half hour trying to get them to work and NOTHING.
Why even give the option if its not ready? :(

I am trying to buy the express passes but it says select date then does nothing and wont let me? Anyone else having problems? thanks
Yes.. managers with customer service said it was a site error and that i.t. was working on it and to try in 24 to 48 hours. Tried again this morning and its STILL not working.. sigh.

Teejay, since you are going opening weekend, look at the Rush of Fear passes instead of the Frequent Fear passes. The RoF passes are valid the first 10 nights of HHN and are cheaper than the regular FF passes. :thumbsup2
Thanks fot the heads up imprint. Think that's what I'll go for - Cheers

DH and I will be there October 29th and October 30th. Since we've never been, I think we should probably go both nights and get the EP to see everything.

I am going back to UO next April so I plan on getting an AP. DH will need a ticket for just the 2 days…we would like to spend the days at UO/IOA, as well.

Which tickets would y'all recommend?? Thanks!!
Single entry is available so you would purchase the regular day tickets and then you can purchase the HHN tickets at a discount since you have the day tickets. You can add Express when you purchase but purchase the regular tickets first.

The weirdest thing is I was having the same problem with EP yesterday, but for some reason when I clicked back to the site after leaving it for a minute they showed up so I put them in the cart. So I bought 2 Rush of Fear passes and then EP for the 16th.

express pass screen now working for me as of a few min ago - showing dates and prices for each

Last edited:
Newbie to the HHN world! This will be the first HHN for DH and I and our second visit to Universal. DH is super pumped to go and I am slightly meh about it since I don't know what to expect! Despite enjoying scary (not slasher) movies and TV shows and visiting an occasional haunted house during Halloween, I must admit I'm slightly nervous about these houses! :scared:

We ordered 3-day, park-to park passes from UCT and will be staying onsite at RPR. That was also booked through UCT at a discounted rate. We plan to go on Wednesday (10/4). From what I read on this thread, those tend to be the least crowded. Will we be able to get a good bit done with out the express pass? When we were at USO/IOA in 2015, a cast member told us that it would be best for us to purchase an add-on when we are on-site b/c it will be cheaper than ordering tickets ahead of time. Is that still true? We are only going the one night.

When is "hell week?" My brother is flying in from Pennsylvania and wants to go to HHN. Would it be better to go during the first couple of weeks or one of the last days? I'm a pass holder but we will probably just buy tickets to HHN for one night. I'm thinking the express pass will be worth it because I want him to experience some of the rides too.

Newbie to the HHN world! This will be the first HHN for DH and I and our second visit to Universal. DH is super pumped to go and I am slightly meh about it since I don't know what to expect! Despite enjoying scary (not slasher) movies and TV shows and visiting an occasional haunted house during Halloween, I must admit I'm slightly nervous about these houses! :scared:

We ordered 3-day, park-to park passes from UCT and will be staying onsite at RPR. That was also booked through UCT at a discounted rate. We plan to go on Wednesday (10/4). From what I read on this thread, those tend to be the least crowded. Will we be able to get a good bit done with out the express pass? When we were at USO/IOA in 2015, a cast member told us that it would be best for us to purchase an add-on when we are on-site b/c it will be cheaper than ordering tickets ahead of time. Is that still true? We are only going the one night.

The houses are unreal. Pro tips: watch the films before attending. This will help you get each reference. Get Express, especially if you are attending on a Saturday. Lines get too long without it.

Today's announcement (in post #1) specifies

9 houses
5 scare zones
2 live shows cut from the most twisted horror stories in history

I don't specifically see Bill & Ted mentioned:scratchin

IMO a stretch to describe it thusly:confused3but i cannot imagine HHN without it, even if the writing has been off the last few years.

Any thoughts?

When is "hell week?" My brother is flying in from Pennsylvania and wants to go to HHN. Would it be better to go during the first couple of weeks or one of the last days? I'm a pass holder but we will probably just buy tickets to HHN for one night. I'm thinking the express pass will be worth it because I want him to experience some of the rides too.

Looks like orange co schools have off Friday 10/13 & Monday 10/16 this year along with Friday 10/27

https://www.ocps.net/about_us/calendars/2017-18_school_calendar

If looking @ the first two weeks of October, I'd suggest avoiding Columbus Day weekend if possible, including the Thursday prior. I don't buy EP, it seems busier every year.

Would pick in descending order: Wednesday, 10/4, Sunday 10/1 or Wednesday 10/11

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter