"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious about the gift card thing. I live in a town where we have a Sam's Club. Going to go tomorrow to scope out the GC situation. Then I can consolidate those cards into one card? Is that correct? Can I use the GCs to pay for tickets such as CV if that is offered again? Can they be used to pay a resort balance at the end of my trip? What about upgrading to an annual pass? Thanks for helping!

You can consolidate the cards using disneygiftcard.com, but note that you're limited to a max of $1,000 per card. The cards can be used to pay a resort balance, however, note that: if you have a room-only reservation, your balance will be charged on check-in day to whatever card you have saved for outstanding charges; and room charges will be charged in the middle of the night before the morning you check out (I actually had this not happen once, and our room charges were settled the morning we checked out - but this is very unusual).

Regarding annual passes - are you asking if you can use Disney GCs to pay for the upgrade?

My Dreams Travel Agent just purchased my MNSSHP tix for me. I wanted the plastic cards in mail. Still have mine from 2015. But got email conformation.
Was told MDE not showing all day but should tomorrow.
Last time my tix didnt link right and created new Magic Bands for some reason. Was told not to worry but will be printing out paper tix just in case.
Tix for Sept 29, Oct 1
Anyone else going those dates?
So excited.
Second timing doing MNSSHP solo

That's good to hear! Really by now, we should be used to these little snafus that eventually work out but still always a little nervewracking :p
I just got home from work and been on hold for over 30 minutes so i just hung up. Is the issue with the ticket sales still a problem? When I open MDE on the computer my party tickets are not there but if I open it on my iPhone they are there but with 2016 date. Any help yet or computer glitch?

Thank you for taking the time to answer all the questions! I just had three more;

I have tickets for August 25th, any idea if the first night will be super crowded?

Also, do they give you trick or treat bags?

I want to do Hallo-wishes fireworks at 10PM - I would like a good spot to watch them - where do you think a good place to line up is, and what time do you recommend to line up to watch?

Thanks, marina :cutie:
Th first party almost always sells out. Make sure you have a good plan and you'll be fine.

Everyone in your party will receive a bag for candy. They are fairly small, though, so some people prefer to being their own.

We like watching the fireworks from the plaza gardens (in front of Casey's or the Plaza). Arrive no less than 30 minutes prior, 45 to be safe or on a sold out night.

Have fun!!

I just got home from work and been on hold for over 30 minutes so i just hung up. Is the issue with the ticket sales still a problem? When I open MDE on the computer my party tickets are not there but if I open it on my iPhone they are there but with 2016 date. Any help yet or computer glitch?

Glitch as they "update their system" which can be anywhere from a day to a few days - only in Disney because no one ages :rotfl2:

I must be in the minority here... but I am not buying our tickets until we are there or a few days before.... My reasoning is we have 3 possible party dates, none of which are likely to sell out... Sept 7, 10 or 12. I want to see the forecast! I would hate to pick a date now, have horrible weather that day and great weather the other party days that I COULD have picked if I had just waited til closer to time. Is there a reason no one else seems to be doing this?

I have brought our tickets for 09/19 as this is the only party night we have available during our trip so even if weather bad we have no 2nd option. I also like to have everything for the trip pre-paid before we go.

I printed the whole email - the instructions said that that page would be required for entry into the party. I also checked MDE on my phone and the ticket did pop up in there - albeit with the year 2016, not 2017. The printed email does say 2017, and I imagine they'll fix the snafu in MDE. But I'll be bringing the printed email as well, just in case.

My Dreams Travel Agent just purchased my MNSSHP tix for me. I wanted the plastic cards in mail. Still have mine from 2015. But got email conformation.
Was told MDE not showing all day but should tomorrow.
Last time my tix didnt link right and created new Magic Bands for some reason. Was told not to worry but will be printing out paper tix just in case.
Tix for Sept 29, Oct 1
Anyone else going those dates?
So excited.
Second timing doing MNSSHP solo
:yay:DD (8) and I will be at the Oct 1st and Oct 3rd parties.

Thank you for taking the time to answer all the questions! I just had three more;

I have tickets for August 25th, any idea if the first night will be super crowded?

I want to do Hallo-wishes fireworks at 10PM - I would like a good spot to watch them - where do you think a good place to line up is, and what time do you recommend to line up to watch?

The first party last year was not sold out or too crowded. We got our spot in front of Casey's about a half an hour before the start of the fireworks, but there were still spots available when the fireworks started.

Personally yes, I think it’s going to be very crowded. Many people expressed interest in attending early on. Though this isn’t rare it’s certainly what most summer vacationers don’t have the luxury of experiencing during the regular season.

Treat Bags are provided free of charge and will be handed out along with your wrist bands. They can be obtained at MK front entrance as well as Adventureland - Tortuga Tavern, Tomarrowland - Monster Inc. Exit and Fantasyland - Fantasy Faire.

A great location to view Hallowishes is the (fake) grass area in front of the Plaza Restaurant or Casey’s Corner Restaurant.

upload_2017-5-10_21-32-58.png

Have a great time!

:yay:DD (8) and I will be at the Oct 1st and Oct 3rd parties.

Thats great. Going solo. Thought of Oct 3rd but last full day and Epcot EMH at night so hoping to start day there. Go to HS for Star Wars fireworks and if I have time back to Epcot. Love idea of going to MK on its 46 birthday so starting day at Epcot for its 35 birthday. Sept 29 with morning EMH will be spending long full day at my fav park Magic Kingdom.

I did some research and yes the GC can be used for annual passes. I see a trip to Sam's Club in my near future!

Edited to add: If you have a Sam's membership the $500 GC are selling for $480. You can purchase online as well as going to store. If you have an Ebates account it is currently at 1.5% for Sam's Club for an additional savings. 1.5% of $480=$7.20. So total savings is $27.20.

I thought they did but I wasn't 100% positive so I didn't want to say. Thanks for the GC tip! You're awesome!:thumbsup2

2015 I ended up going Sept 22, 25. When I got there both days there were signs both days were sold out. Does anyone have idea of number of tix sold for this event? Disney wont release party numbers but wondered if anyone had idea how many people can get into this hard ticket event on a given night.

How long do you think I can safely remain undecided about whether to go Tuesday October 17th or Thursday October 19th? :)
I haven't really worked out my whole week yet. Not knowing AK hours is one reason, and trying to figure out enough days and nights to cover all the new for us experiences (new Soarin, FEA, F&W, MNSSHP, Pandora, staying at BWV-exploring, hanging out, and pool time...) I am having more trouble planning this trip than past trips. Anyone else feeling this way?

2015 I ended up going Sept 22, 25. When I got there both days there were signs both days were sold out. Does anyone have idea of number of tix sold for this event? Disney wont release party numbers but wondered if anyone had idea how many people can get into this hard ticket event on a given night.

Is this just out of curiosity? :cat:

Last edited:
RE: the military tickets... DH is a veteran (not retired). Would he qualify for the military tickets?

Does DH have a valid military ID? Normally unless medically separated or having done 20 years and/or officially retired you would not qualify. If you did qualify, see below.

The military discount is obtained by showing one of the ID's referenced in this posting. If you do not have one of these ID's, you do not qualify. A DD214 does not qualify you for the discount.

Thank you for posting. However I do not see any info regarding special event Tix. We are AP holders so we do not need regular Tix.

I would use your AP discount if you do not have one of the ID cards in the Military Disney Tips post referenced above as you will not qualify for any Disney military discount if you do not have the "magic" ID card.

@oceanmarina

These are the wrist bands they put on your right wrist. Every party receives a new color. When you pick up your Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom Card at the Main Street Fire House, they will put a mark on your wrist band with a magic marker.

upload_2017-5-10_21-51-42.png

This is 2016? Treat Bag it's like soft plastic but holds plenty.
They measure approximately 9" High x 7" Wide x 3" Deep

upload_2017-5-10_21-52-27.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter