"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just minding my business at work. I felt something under my pants on my thigh and what felt like a bite. I went to slap at what I thought may have been a spider. I felt something bigger and with some "crunch". I grabbed it through my pants so it wouldn't sting me again and kind of threw it down out of my pants. Sure enough - a scorpion.

I have never felt a sting/bite that painful in my life and I grew up in the country.

O.M.G. That is awwwwfull. Hope you are feeling better.

As for why I am not waiting to buy tickets, I don't have the luxury of picking a party night. There is only one night I can go. So it's that or nothing.

Does DH have a valid military ID? Normally unless medically separated or having done 20 years and/or officially retired you would not qualify. If you did qualify, see below.

The military discount is obtained by showing one of the ID's referenced in this posting. If you do not have one of these ID's, you do not qualify. A DD214 does not qualify you for the discount.

I would use your AP discount if you do not have one of the ID cards in the Military Disney Tips post referenced above as you will not qualify for any Disney military discount if you do not have the "magic" ID card.

Thank you so much for posting! You have been a huge help!

How long do you think I can safely remain undecided about whether to go Tuesday October 17th or Thursday October 19th? :)
I am having more trouble planning this trip than past trips. Anyone else feeling this way?

I honestly don't know why I have "Purchase Party Tickets: July 12, 2017" written in my 2016 Disney notes but it must be important and we're going Oct 31st.o_O Purchase when ready there is no rush.

I have my plans all set I just need Disney to release the calendar to confirm but last year I struggled :snail:.

You can resssign the ticket entitlements to the profiles on your original MDE. But you have to be sure those profiles have either MBs or card tickets to access the ticket entitlements for party entry.
Thank you! So when I get the actual tickets I can just assign them on my original MDE? Right now no tickets show on my second MDE and I'm assuming it's part of the glitch, because I do have a correct email confirmation.

Finally had some down time and was able to get our tickets for August 29th :cool1:. We are thrilled it started earlier this year. We have never been able to do it due to my kids school schedule....another bonus is F&W. We could no have asked for a better year :thumbsup2.

I did some research and yes the GC can be used for annual passes. I see a trip to Sam's Club in my near future!

Edited to add: If you have a Sam's membership the $500 GC are selling for $480. You can purchase online as well as going to store. If you have an Ebates account it is currently at 1.5% for Sam's Club for an additional savings. 1.5% of $480=$7.20. So total savings is $27.20.
I was reading through the budget board and I saw you can get 5 $100 Disney gift cards from BJs for $474.95. Free shipping no membership required. Just thought I'd pass the info on!

I'm sure this has already been asked, but this thread is already so long! How early do you think the 11/1 Halloween party will sell out? I'm still undecided about heading down before my family, but the party is the main reason I want to so I'd hate to miss it!

Hi Everyone!

Here is the MNSSHP 2016/2017 Character List. Please note this is based off information from the 2016 parties which I did not attend due to family illness. If there is anything that needs to be changed please to not hesitate to let me know. I would like to have this as close to perfection prior to the August parties so that those who are attending can utilize it. :thanks:

Please see attached pdf!

UDDATE: May 12, 2017 I have removed and updated the information. The new title is called "MNSSHP Character List 2017"

Last edited:
I'm sure this has already been asked, but this thread is already so long! How early do you think the 11/1 Halloween party will sell out? I'm still undecided about heading down before my family, but the party is the main reason I want to so I'd hate to miss it!

I would purchase them in a month or so I don't think they'll sell out before then. :flower3:

Hi Everyone!

Here is the MNSSHP 2016/2017 Character List. Please note this is based off information from the 2016 parties which I did not attend due to family illness. If there is anything that needs to be changed please to not hesitate to let me know. I would like to have this as close to perfection prior to the August parties so that those who are attending can utilize it. :thanks:

Please see attached pdf!

Ooh I love this! I have to say I'm surprised to see no signatures from J&S, I wonder why? I don't remember them wearing anything restricting in pictures.

I must be in the minority here... but I am not buying our tickets until we are there or a few days before.... My reasoning is we have 3 possible party dates, none of which are likely to sell out... Sept 7, 10 or 12. I want to see the forecast! I would hate to pick a date now, have horrible weather that day and great weather the other party days that I COULD have picked if I had just waited til closer to time. Is there a reason no one else seems to be doing this?

I only had one date to choose from, but if I had three possible dates to choose from I'd probably wait too. But if one of the parties sell out, I'd quickly make a choice and buy tickets for one of the other parties, just in case.

Thank you! So when I get the actual tickets I can just assign them on my original MDE? Right now no tickets show on my second MDE and I'm assuming it's part of the glitch, because I do have a correct email confirmation.

Yes.
You do have to link the two MDEs first in order to assign and reassign the tickets. When I bought my tickets, I had already assigned them to my second MDE. I linked the two MDEs as family and friends. Then I reassigned the tickets back to my first MDE.

Last edited:
Is there anyone with 2016 issues that has been fixed because my account hasn't :sad2:

My August tickets have always had the right year, but my September tickets are still last year's date: wrong day and wrong year. At least I now have the right number of tickets. I had 9 instead of 6 yesterday. Now I continue to wait.
pixiedust:

Ooh I love this! I have to say I'm surprised to see no signatures from J&S, I wonder why? I don't remember them wearing anything restricting in pictures.

The characters that draw extremely long lines at parties (J&S, Dwarfs, Pooh & friends) don't sign, because that would make their lines take even longer. J&S and Pooh & friends give you a pre-signed card.

Our tickets haven't even appeared on MDE yet!!! Which is a bit worrying.

Also I'm a tad worried about doing it so late into our trip (picked sep 26th because we'll be staying at blt!) because if it rains we likely won't get another opportunity to do it.

The characters that draw extremely long lines at parties (J&S, Dwarfs, Pooh & friends) don't sign, because that would make their lines take even longer. J&S and Pooh & friends give you a pre-signed card.

Ah, I see. Makes sense. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter