"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

Disney World has announced some closures and cancellations ahead of Hurricane Irma’s arrival this weekend. The storm is supposed to make an impact upon the area Saturday night and Sunday. Here’s the recent announcements:

1. Blizzard Beach is currently closed September 8 and 9.
  2. Saturday night’s Night of Joy concert event is now cancelled. Saturday night concert tickets will not be honored for Friday night. Refunds can be processed by calling (407) 939-7818 by January 31, 2018 or email at Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com
  3. Sunday, September 10 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is cancelled.
    Here are your options:
    • Tickets to attend another Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
    • Tickets to attend an upcoming Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
    • 1 Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option, to be used within the next two years.
    • Receive a full refund for event tickets.
    You can call (407) 939-7818 or email Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com to process an exchange.

4. All performances of Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream (September 8-10) have been postponed until May 2018
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/...s-cancellations-ahead-hurricane-irma-arrival/
Actually they are allowing people with Night of Joy tix for Saturday to attend Friday.

I'm going in 29 days!!! A week or so ago I thought about making a plan to ensure I got all the magic shots, etc. but now I'm more in the mind of just winging it and enjoying. I've seen the parade many times, I'm not into character meets or shows so much. I'm more of a people watcher, so whatever I end up seeing at the party, I'll be happy. The first party I went to was in 2007 and things have definitely changed a lot since then but that's what happens to things over time.

At the party now, waiting for the Fireworks! Feels like a light crowd compared to both parties I attended last year! (Both were in September)

Headless Horseman rode!!! Had a little bit of rain right around 7 but weather has been awesome!!

Was able to try the pumpkin Mickey waffles (no line at sleepy hollow!)

Only did one character meet so far -- not our priority. But heard Moana was 2 hours early on. Saw the Dwarves line around 7... it was long, but not as long as I remember it being last year.

Such a good party night, I truly hope some people who were coming on the 10th were able to switch to tonight!IMG_0021.JPG

I got pulled aside and my bag searched one thing at a time once for bring a 1 Lb bag of coffee in my carry-on. I would do it at home and be done with it...

Several months ago I had both 2 or 3 lbs of coffee in my carry on along with a bunch of dog treats. And that was the time Security had a dog of course!

Although - the dog actually did not respond.

At the party now, waiting for the Fireworks! Feels like a light crowd compared to both parties I attended last year! (Both were in September)

Headless Horseman rode!!! Had a little bit of rain right around 7 but weather has been awesome!!

Was able to try the pumpkin Mickey waffles (no line at sleepy hollow!)

How were the waffles? I don't know if we will have enough room for the Ohana @ 4pm, the waffles, the orange Mickey dome, and 1 of the HM treats, plus candy. I might need to make a priority call:scratchin

How were the waffles? I don't know if we will have enough room for the Ohana @ 4pm, the waffles, the orange Mickey dome, and 1 of the HM treats, plus candy. I might need to make a priority call:scratchin

I'm also curious how they were. They're #1 on my list for party treats because I love all things pumpkin! I was thinking of stopping in to the Plaza for pumpkin ice cream on my way to J&S, but I also don't want to spend the time...

I could of sworn there was news about switching selling the current pumpkin mickey popcorn bucket to an ogives boogie one in October. Could anyone confirm this?
I was really looking forward to getting that pumpkin bucket this weekend.

I'm also curious how they were. They're #1 on my list for party treats because I love all things pumpkin! I was thinking of stopping in to the Plaza for pumpkin ice cream on my way to J&S, but I also don't want to spend the time...

I am thinking about getting the pumpkin ice cream on our non-party MK day. We love pumpkin too, and I thought I had read that the pumpkin ice cream is available outside of the party. One of my best pumpkin creations was a pumpkin rum cake. I also love pumpkin polenta; we make it instead of stuffing.

EDIT: I forget. Are you doing the party on the 11/1 too?

I am thinking about getting the pumpkin ice cream on our non-party MK day. We love pumpkin too, and I thought I had read that the pumpkin ice cream is available outside of the party. One of my best pumpkin creations was a pumpkin rum cake. I also love pumpkin polenta; we make it instead of stuffing.

EDIT: I forget. Are you doing the party on the 11/1 too?

Yes, it is available on non party days so that is an option! Thanks for reminding me of that. I just thought how nice that would be for a snack while I waited in line for Jack & Sally. ;) Yes, I am going to the 11/1 party. You are as well, correct? I can't wait! And that pumpkin rum cake sounds divine!

They were good!!! If you like Mickey waffles, they are the same but with a very noticeable pumpkin spice flavor. My husband and I both really liked them, and we both tend to be kind of snobby when it comes to food (even at Disney)

Thank you! Sounds like I'll enjoy them!

If you are in a special photo location (i.e. outside HM) the magic shots will be automatic. Still plan to ask on Main Street, etc.

Characters that meet during the day (like Mickey) will still show wait times in MDE during the party. Characters exclusive to MNSSHP will not.

If Ariel and Eric are your priority M&G, plan to line up around 6:30 for the shortest wait.

Have fun!!

Thanks so much! Mickey changes into his costume closer to the party, right? We didn't meet any characters at our first MNSSHP, so I want to make sure we are attempting to do it right lol.

I'm catching up on all the posts from the past few days, but I have a quick question about the Dessert Party...if you book the Plaza viewing, do you still get a reserved table for the dessert part of the evening? We did the Star Wars dessert party last year and I felt like it was kind of chaos with not nearly enough seating.

24 Days and counting until our trip. MNSSHP on October 3!! Cannot wait... Packing has started.. What is the must have snack in your opinion this year? The Haunted Mansion snack looks great so does the pumpkin cheesecake.

me:earsboy:| DW:ccat:|DD:darth: (15)| DSpirate: (10)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter