"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the stretch by Liberty Square Market and Sleepy Hollow for watching the Halloween parade? We might stake out a spot there in part because of the relative convenient access to those places for someone to go get goodies for the group. ;)

We have watched the parade close to there twice - right in front of Liberty Square Market (on the side of the road of the market) where the road turns. It's a great spot because you get to watch the parade as it comes toward you and as it makes the turn. We've had some pretty good character interaction there too. Both times, we watched the 2nd parade and got there 30-45 minutes early...on Halloween, I think you'd probably want to get there a little earlier than that. We usually grab some sort of treat and sit and wait for the parade to start. There are usually a lot of people walking around that area so we also enjoy "people watching" and checking out everyone's costumes while we wait. [P.S. GO SABRES!;)]

Howdy Y'all,

I apologize if this was asked already (couldn't find it). Does anyone know if the Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket can be refilled at other parks? I have heard of certain buckets, for example the lotus flower, not being able to be refilled.

Thanks!

I don't really know what a tulle skirt is. I had to google it. That's just a t shirt with a skirt so of course it is acceptable. People are only turned away for wearing too little clothing, clothing with profanity and adults wearing costumes.

MK typically has much lower crowds than usual on party days. Lots of people don't have park hoppers and don't want to use a day ticket on a park that closes to them at 7 pm.

I mean yes, literally it will be wasting party time (which is what you paid extra for) if you aren't out of there by 7. But you are right, ride waits may not calm down until a bit after 7. So if you would just be riding attractions during the time you would spend eating I don't see why you should have a problem with that.

Usually pretty busy. I'd get there about an hour early.

Rides will have short waits except HM and SDMT and maybe PP, which will all be around 20-40 minutes.

Hmmmm....she said tulle and I was thinking tutu :-) I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks!

How is the stretch by Liberty Square Market and Sleepy Hollow for watching the Halloween parade? We might stake out a spot there in part because of the relative convenient access to those places for someone to go get goodies for the group. ;)
That is a pretty good location. The parade slows down a tad bit there as they make the turn to go over the bridge to the hub. You also get a good head on view as they are coming through Frontierland.

We have watched the parade close to there twice - right in front of Liberty Square Market (on the side of the road of the market) where the road turns. It's a great spot because you get to watch the parade as it comes toward you and as it makes the turn. We've had some pretty good character interaction there too. Both times, we watched the 2nd parade and got there 30-45 minutes early...on Halloween, I think you'd probably want to get there a little earlier than that. We usually grab some sort of treat and sit and wait for the parade to start. There are usually a lot of people walking around that area so we also enjoy "people watching" and checking out everyone's costumes while we wait. [P.S. GO SABRES!;)]

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!

And yes, go Sabres! :cheer2:

Howdy Y'all,

I apologize if this was asked already (couldn't find it). Does anyone know if the Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket can be refilled at other parks? I have heard of certain buckets, for example the lotus flower, not being able to be refilled.

Thanks!

It's not one of the refillable buckets, to my knowledge. I also didn't actually see anyone use the bucket, us included. They handed everyone their Oogie Boogie in a plastic wrapper, and then gave the popcorn in a cardboard bucket.

Thanks for this info. I didn't realize this was an option. When I look to purchase MM in my app it is not a choice. Will look have to find out if this is still available and how you purchase it. Appreciate the helpful advice!
I called about this, you purchase it in the app after your first picture is taken. This is the only way you can purchase the one day pass.

So if the Hocus Pocus merchandise is now out, are those of us that already went to a party just out of luck? Or is there anyway for us to be able to prove we were at a previous party and buy something?

So if the Hocus Pocus merchandise is now out, are those of us that already went to a party just out of luck? Or is there anyway for us to be able to prove we were at a previous party and buy something?

SOL. I'll pick you up something if they still have it when I go on Halloween, though.

Hi All, Just wanted to report back that my Hubby and I had a great time at our first ever Halloween Party on 09/19. Thanks to all the great tips we got from you amazing disers we got to do everything we had planned. Over the night we got all our magic shots, enjoyed the parade and hocus pocus show and between the 2 of us collected 12lbs of candy. But the highlight of the night was our hallowishes dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace. I was concerned about our fireworks view after reading some reviews on here but we got a table right at the front of the terrace and had amazing unobstructed views and the CM's were amazing. Thanks to everyone for all the great advise.

It's not one of the refillable buckets, to my knowledge. I also didn't actually see anyone use the bucket, us included. They handed everyone their Oogie Boogie in a plastic wrapper, and then gave the popcorn in a cardboard bucket.

When we got our bucket (wrapped) they never gave us the popcorn! We assumed it was prepackaged inside....... *SAD FACE*

I know this isn’t technically Halloween party related but has anyone been able to get the hitchhiking ghosts tiki mugs at Trader Sams this year ? I saw it posted that it would be available on the Disney parks blog but haven’t seen anything else.

Also, what is the latest that anyone has been able to meet Lotso?

I know this isn’t technically Halloween party related but has anyone been able to get the hitchhiking ghosts tiki mugs at Trader Sams this year ? I saw it posted that it would be available on the Disney parks blog but haven’t seen anything else.

Also, what is the latest that anyone has been able to meet Lotso?

I haven't heard anything yet about the tiki mugs, and I'm in all the trader sam's fb groups and I've been looking for that info.

I called about this, you purchase it in the app after your first picture is taken. This is the only way you can purchase the one day pass.

Do you know if your only chance to purchase it is at that time? Or could you purchase after like when you returned home but still just get the one day option?

Hi - are there really parties on M, T, Th, and F next week?? The MK is closing almost every day for the party. Is that typical? I have a family member who is going to MK for one day next week when they're on a beach vacation and that only leaves Wednesday as an option since they're not interested in attending the party. Thanks!

Hi - are there really parties on M, T, Th, and F next week?? The MK is closing almost every day for the party. Is that typical? I have a family member who is going to MK for one day next week when they're on a beach vacation and that only leaves Wednesday as an option since they're not interested in attending the party. Thanks!
Yep, 4 parties/week is typical for October. Only difference is next week Sunday's party is on Monday due to the holiday.

As they are thinking about which day to go - let them know Wednesday will likely be the most crowded day of the week since it is the only non-party day. Days with the party may be a little better crowd-wise, but if they want to see the fireworks/Happily Ever After they will need to go Wednesday! If they aren't as worried about seeing those then Thursday may be a good day since there are EMH Wednesday that on-site guests may take advantage of plus the party Thursday night will keep some of the crowd away.

Ok, how long has the wait been to get the Mickey Pumpkin Waffles at Sleepy Hollow? I've seen reports of long lines, but cannot find where anyone says how long it took them to get theirs after lining up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter