• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

My daughter and I did a firework only party June 2015 and not much of a sweet tooth, we did it for the experience. We ate a few desserts which were presented very nicely but if we had “food” I am sure we would have had more sweets. The spot that we grabbed for the fireworks was right on the balcony of tomorrow land picture perfect!!!

Thank you: this is great to hear. I’m not a big sweets fan either so, like you, we would be doing it for the experience and the great viewing location. If we end up eating anything then it’s a bonus, but mostly it’s buying ourselves the time away from the crowds without having to stake out a spot 2 hours ahead of time.

Nor did I until very recently. I found out about it on a YouTube video (can’t remember which one) and then google brought me to a few reviews, but I’m not sure whether it is worth it. I believe they are priced fairly similarly to the normal MK dessert party, which is pretty hefty on top of the cost of the party ticket.

I have a few links bookmarked but I’m not sure about the rules or logistics of posting links.

I did the Halloween desert party last year with my wife and kids. I thought it to be worth the price. I loved knowing we had a spot to view the fireworks without having to camp out a spot well ahead of time. My wife disagrees and did not consider it to be worth the money. She was not blown away by the deserts. Three of my four kids loved it. The only one who didn't was my youngest who ate a few deserts and fell dead asleep.

I did the Halloween desert party last year with my wife and kids. I thought it to be worth the price. I loved knowing we had a spot to view the fireworks without having to camp out a spot well ahead of time. My wife disagrees and did not consider it to be worth the money. She was not blown away by the deserts. Three of my four kids loved it. The only one who didn't was my youngest who ate a few deserts and fell dead asleep.

This is really helpful, thank you. It sounds like there are still a lot of people at the parties, and they are all fighting for the same fireworks spots. I can definitely see the appeal of knowing you will be able to see the fireworks - that’s far more important to me than the desserts themselves. Did either of you feel it took too much time away from the rest of the party?

I'm so excited because we hit our 180 mark tomorrow and I can start booking ADRs! I am assuming there will be a party on Sunday 9/16, so we will be spending the first half of the day wandering around AKL and probably doing some shopping at Disney Springs. I was thinking of booking lunch at Homecomin', but I'm trying to decide what time slot would be best to make sure we get to MK around 4:00-ish. Do you all think 2:00 would be okay, or should I book earlier? How important do you think it is to get to MK at 4:00 on a party day?
Do you think they would have one the 17th and wait a week to hold the second? I was hoping for the 21st since we leave the next day. We'll be there the 17th but I'm not sure if I should still be holding out hope. There have been some rumblings that the 17th is a private event and not a party.
The 17th is a definite, people in the UK have already bought tickets for it. 21st is not a party date as the closing times have moved back to 9pm and happily ever after is now listed at 8.55pm.

Thank you: this is great to hear. I’m not a big sweets fan either so, like you, we would be doing it for the experience and the great viewing location. If we end up eating anything then it’s a bonus, but mostly it’s buying ourselves the time away from the crowds without having to stake out a spot 2 hours ahead of time.
This was our main reason for doing it plus it was an excellent view for when tinker bell flew on top of us. It was a WOW moment for all!!!

This is really helpful, thank you. It sounds like there are still a lot of people at the parties, and they are all fighting for the same fireworks spots. I can definitely see the appeal of knowing you will be able to see the fireworks - that’s far more important to me than the desserts themselves. Did either of you feel it took too much time away from the rest of the party?

The time it took away from the party would have been time we spent camping out a spot anyway so we did not feel it took away too much time. There was still time afterwords, but we went home shortly after as our son was out cold sleeping right through the entire fireworks show. Which as it turned out was a theme for the trip as he slept through both fireworks shows we did and our Blue Man Group show.

Sorry if I missed it, but is there a post or a link to something that tells us costume guidelines? I'm sure it's quite a bit different than when I last went in 2009!

I'm so excited because we hit our 180 mark tomorrow and I can start booking ADRs! I am assuming there will be a party on Sunday 9/16, so we will be spending the first half of the day wandering around AKL and probably doing some shopping at Disney Springs. I was thinking of booking lunch at Homecomin', but I'm trying to decide what time slot would be best to make sure we get to MK around 4:00-ish. Do you all think 2:00 would be okay, or should I book earlier? How important do you think it is to get to MK at 4:00 on a party day?

I wouldn't count on getting into the MK with a party ticket at 4. For Disney After Dark this year, Disney did not let anyone in til 6 for events that started at 8. I know the parties have a lot more people coming in, but until the first couple,of parties, we won't know for sure what they will do for the parties this year.

The time it took away from the party would have been time we spent camping out a spot anyway so we did not feel it took away too much time. There was still time afterwords, but we went home shortly after as our son was out cold sleeping right through the entire fireworks show. Which as it turned out was a theme for the trip as he slept through both fireworks shows we did and our Blue Man Group show.

Thank you for replying. That’s what I was thinking - the time will be spent on getting to see the fireworks either way, so this way at least we get a chair and some snacks.

I shouldn’t laugh at the idea of your son sleeping through all the special events, but it’s all too familiar!

Is there any benefit to doing the fireworks dessert party during MNSSHP? We intend to do it during the regular fireworks to get out of the crowds, but I’m not sure if it is needed during the Halloween party. From what I have seen, the party fireworks don’t feature lots of projections, so our viewing location possibilities are wider, and we don’t necessarily need to be in the castle hub - is that correct?

You’ve had a lot of replies/opinions above, but I’ll throw in my two cents (probably not worth much!). This is a copy/paste from a seperate thread where someone recently asked this same question. Note, we did the Plaza Garden version, not the Tomorrowland Terrace version.

So dessert party on a MNSSHP night....My opinion, it wasn’t worth it. (ETA: And I’m a total HEA dessert party fan).

For one, we didn’t really want/need any of the desserts when there is abundant ‘free’ candy all over the park.

Secondly, it takes up too much valuable party time.

Thirdly, I don’t really think the reserved viewing is a ‘must have’ for a typical party night. It’s easy enough to find a good enough spot in the hub (generally speaking). The hub is still crowded, of course, but it’s not crazy HEA crowded (in my humble opinion).

The only benefit for the dessert party on our night was that it rained heavily on/off all night and the parade and fireworks were delayed. Having the Tomorrowland Terrace area to ride out the storm/delays was helpful. But obviously that was a unique situation.

All-in-all, I think it can work for some party touring styles, but it wasn’t really ‘worth it’ for how we like to enjoy MNSSHP.

Sounds like you’ve made up your mind to do it (which I totally get BTW) so I’m probably not helpful, but I hope you enjoy it none-the-less! :-)

The 17th is a definite, people in the UK have already bought tickets for it. 21st is not a party date as the closing times have moved back to 9pm and happily ever after is now listed at 8.55pm.

How are people in uk already buying tickets if Disney hasn't even announced dates yet? Also, AP and DVC get a week head start on party tickets I'm pretty sure, and we haven't been able to purchase tickets yet. Am I missing something?

How are people in uk already buying tickets if Disney hasn't even announced dates yet? Also, AP and DVC get a week head start on party tickets I'm pretty sure, and we haven't been able to purchase tickets yet. Am I missing something?
I’m also confused by this.

I don't know who ATD Travel Services Limited (GB) is, but I was able to add Halloween party tickets for August 17 to my cart just now (6:00 am Eastern on Monday 03/19/18). I did not purchase. They were mentioned earlier in this thread.

https://www.attraction-tickets-dire...t-so-scary-halloween-party-magic-kingdom-park

The dates they have are:
August: 17, 24, 28, 31 (4 nights)
September: 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30 (12 nights)
October: 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30 and 31 (17 nights)
Note that Florida Tix also has October 26 listed.
November: nothing

Compare to last year:
August: 2 nights
September: 11 nights
October: 18 nights
November: 1 night

EDITED TO ADD:
Someone below said that Florida Tix also is selling Halloween Party tickets (today is still 03/19/18). So I went to https://www.floridatix.com/park-tickets/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party

Sure enough, I was able to add a ticket for August 17 to my cart. Again, I did not purchase. They have the same dates as ATD, but they also have one additional date, which I noted above.

About ATD:
It says this on their website:
Attraction Tickets Direct 2002 - 2018
Registered Head Office: 171E Wingate Square, London, SW4 0AN.
Attraction Tickets Direct is a trading name of ATD Travel Services LTD. Registered in England with registered number 4390984 and VAT Number 795922965.
We are the UK's No. 1 Broker for Florida Attraction Tickets

About Florida Tix:
We’re based in a delightful part of the UK known as Birmingham,

Last edited:
Ar
I don't know who ATD Travel Services Limited (GB) is, but I was able to add Halloween party tickets for August 17 to my cart just now (6:00 am Eastern on Monday 03/19/18). I did not purchase. They were mentioned earlier in this thread.

https://www.attraction-tickets-dire...t-so-scary-halloween-party-magic-kingdom-park

The dates they have are:
October: 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30 and 31 (17 nights)

Compare to last year:

Attraction Tickets Direct is a trading name of ATD Travel Services LTD. Registered in England with registered number 4390984 and VAT Number 795922965.
Are you kidding me???? If I change my plans again I am gonna scream!!!!! I would rather do a Tuesday party than a Friday. Let me check Disney website calendar.

The dates they have are:

Compare to last year:

Both Disney and KTP have NO party time listed. I guess we wait and see.

The dates they have are:

What about Thursday September 6? Park closes at 6 PM. Is there a party that night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter