"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in for the party on 9/20!! I’ll be there with my brother. We’re sitting out the costumes this year. It’s just too dang hot. I went to 2 parties last year, and the one where I didn’t dress up was so much more enjoyable. I’m so excited!!

Thought I'd share my party experience. Attended the first party on 8/16. It was the final night of my solo trip and my first MNSSHP. My main focus was the parade, fireworks, Hocus Pocus show, and snacks. I am not big on character meets and wasn't super interested in trick or treating.

I was at the park all day and found the crowds to be really light up until around 4pm when party ticket holders arrived and then it did get really crowded. Here's what I got to do during the party

4:00 BTMR stand by (40 min posted, waited 37 min)
5:15 Splash stand by (40 min posted, waited 23 min)
5:45 checked in and got my wrist band, map, trick or treat bag & starter candy at Tortuga Tavern. Took all of 5 minutes.
5:50-6:15 ate at Pecos Bills, did mobile order which took about 15 minutes, crowded and hard to find a seat
6:30 Haunted Mansion
6:45 Checked out the line for the wedding cake in Liberty Square but it was crazy long (thought I'd come back later but never did make it back)
7:00 Arrived at the Hub on the dot at 7 pm to hear the party kick-off announcement and see the CMs really start cracking down on wrist bands and sweeping out day guests
7:08 Monsters Inc Dance Party, was on my way to Space and it was too cute not to stop and get my groove on with Sully for a minute
7:12 Space Mountain (35 posted, waited 19min) Because I was solo, I was re-directed at the FP merge point as a single rider which cut 15 minutes off the wait. Loved the overlay! So much better than regular SM. The dark and the music really amped up the whole ride!
7:25 checked the wait time on the app for Pirates and it showed 30min but by the time I got over there it was up to 50min so decided to try later
7:30 stopped at Aloha Isle for a Pirate's Horizon, orange & pineapple juice with passion fruit syrup. Refreshing & tropical, wasn't very sweet which I liked.
8:15 Haunted Mansion, loved seeing the ghosts on the lawn. Some excellent heckling going on. Very funny!
8:50 Arrived to watch the first parade at Liberty Square, beside Ye Ol' Christmas Shop and across from Sleepy Hollow
9:05 Headless Horseman. SO cool! One of my favorite parts of the whole party
9:20 Boo to You Parade. I LOVED IT!! So cute! By far the best Disney parade I've seen (WDW or Disneyland). Loved the song, the costumes, the characters, the dancers. Just brilliant!
9:50 Arrived at the Hub for fireworks, stopped at the popcorn cart for a Jack Skellington Cake Push Pop. It was delightful. Chocolate, buttercream, and sugar pearls, what's not to love! Cute too. Grabbed a spot behind and slightly to the left of the partners statue, between it and the castle. Had a great view of Jack, the castle & the fireworks, crowded but not claustrophobic. Sat on the ground and enjoyed my cake pop and people watched while I waited.
10:20 Fireworks. I was blown away! Jack Skellington was fabulous. Loved the projections, the music, the storyline, and the fireworks. Having never seen Hollowishes, though, I don't have anything to compare to. Sounds like those who have may feel differently.
10:45 Pirates (15-minute wait). Loved the live pirates! So fun interacting with them. It was a great last ride of the trip. Did my only trick or treating of the night at the exit and got some chocolate gold coins
11:13 Boo to You, round 2. I'm such a big parade fan, had to watch it twice! This time I got a spot in Frontierland, across from the Diamond Horseshoe. Because I walked up so late, the view wasn't as good but was able to see just fine.
11:15 Headless Horseman
11:20 Parade
11:52 Back to the Hub to grab a spot for Hocus Pocus. Found a spot right against the fence/wall around partners, near where I watched the fireworks. Was able to sit and watch the show with a great view
12:05 Hocus Pocus. Such a fun show! Love the Sanderson Sisters and all the Villians. Gave me good, nostalgic 90's vibes. I can see if you've been to several parties, not necessarily needing to see this show every time but as a first-timer, loved it!
12:45 Bus Stop to CBR. This was the only pain point of the night for me (and the worst bus experience of the whole trip). Took until 1:27 am to get on a bus. Was in my room at 1:54 am.

I had a really fantastic time and would not hesitate to do another party. Loved seeing all the guests in costumes. People are SO clever and creative. The whole vibe of the night was so fun! Next time I think I'd want to do a little trick or treating and definitely try some more snacks.

Happy Halloween!!!🎃
That parade and horseman is my fav too.

I don’t think my kids would have cared less either, I’m glad I waited until dd was all grown and could appreciate it.

Worth the wait!

I'm very much debating whether to purchase a MNSSHP ticket. We've been to WDW 4 out of the last 5 years but never attended a hard ticket party, so it's been on my list. But given these reports and how much we're trying to pack in over Labor Day weekend (Thursday through Sunday), it seems like it might not be worth it this year. Especially if we try to be at Galaxy's Edge the day before for the grand opening, I can only imagine how tired my 6 and 8 year old would be on day 2. What do you all think? Skip it this year?
We are also going Thursday to Sunday next week. We are doing the Friday party, and I am a bit nervous about the crowds given Food and Wine opening and GE opening. We are not even going to enter Hollywood Studios this trip. It depends on your kids...we are doing an all day MK Thursday (probably go to a monorail resort for a drink in afternoon) with our 6 yr old. Party day we have a breakfast at Bon Voyage at 1030, and that is it until we enter the park about 3 for the party (we have APs). I think as long as you don’t do much on the party day and have a low key morning it could work...

For Winnie and gang we should be there no later than 5:45 for first set correct? And we should be at jack/sally by 3:15 to be done by 5? Just double checking we leave tomorrow morning
Yes. Have a great time and please post when you can! Keep your eye on the crowds and make adjustments as necessary.

Thoughts on springing for the dessert party with PGV vs finding a decent spot for fireworks. Is it as difficult as a regular HEA night or easier?

Yes and I answered you. On Halloween Night, Oct 31 no matter what day of the week or weekend, entry time is 3:45-4pm with party ticket. ::yes:: ALWAYS. Your friend is wrong. Disney clears out all the day guests at a specific time, this year it's 6pm. If you buy a Party Ticket you will get in.
I know they clear out Day guests at 6/7 but what she was saying was that since it was on the actual day of Halloween, the day guests might reach maximum capacity, and if that were to happen, they might not let us in at the typical 3:45/4 early entry. That we would have to wait till they cleared the day guests out IF the park was at maximum capacity. Not saying that it would, just that being it was ON the actual Halloween day, it could possibly happen, she said the same thing with Christmas.
Mk has never reached capacity on Halloween. Maybe you're confused with the actual party being sold out, that happens every year
I was only asking because I hadn’t thought of the park reaching maximum capacity for just the day guests till she said that. She was not talking specifically about the party being sold out, we were talking about the early 4pm entry.
Not true. The park will not reach capacity on Halloween.
I hope not!

Just saying, if you plan on going on Halloween Night you need to buy your tickets before it sells out
Tickets were bought the day they went on sale!:ccat:

The park should not reach capacity on Halloween. Even if it does there are multiple levels of closure. It would have to be completely full (phase 4 closure) for them to not allow party guests into the park. From what I’ve read there has only been one phase 4 closure at MK in 10 years. So it’s pretty safe to say you should have no problems getting in reguardless of if you have a day ticket or not. I hope this helps ease your concerns.

ETA: This info is only for the 4-7 time window. After that as long as you already have a party ticket you are guaranteed to get in. They would never sell so many party tickets that the park would reach capacity.
Thank you! This is the information I was hoping to hear! I have no idea how many guests it takes to reach maximum capacity. To be completely honest, I would have NEVER even thought about it until she said something. I could see that happening on days like Halloween and Christmas especially with all the add-ons and extras it kind of made sense when she said it. Then I panicked and rushed right over here to find out!

We're going to the Sept 10th party, 2 adults and our 3yo DD. We're leaving our 10month old DD with KNO babysitting and hoping for the best!
Basically we want to do "some" characters, trick or treat as my 3yo is so excited about that! Go to the dance parties and see the parade and fireworks.
If we decide to get the party pass can we upgrade DURING the party? If so where?
I'm mainly worried that the KNO babysitter will call and say our baby won't settle etc and I'll have to leave early. If this happens it would be great to attend the other parties while we are there. Although the Aussie dollar is so weak it would cost us almost $900AU to do that, so I'm hoping for the best.
I don't think we want to do any rides except POTC and Teacups.
We have to leave right after the fireworks to get back to Wilderness Lodge by 11pm to relieve the babysitter. Do you think we will have enough time?

Good luck, mama! I'm sorry I can't answer your ticket question. I would assume you could upgrade at Guest Services inside the park, but I'm not sure. I just want to say kudos to you for hiring a sitter to take your 3 year old! I have 6, 3 and 2 year old children and we still haven't taken them to the party because I feel like it's just too much money to spend to have the majority of the party being after their bedtime when they are tired and crabby. I highly doubt an experienced sitter will have you call you to come home.

Thought I'd share my party experience. Attended the first party on 8/16. It was the final night of my solo trip and my first MNSSHP. My main focus was the parade, fireworks, Hocus Pocus show, and snacks. I am not big on character meets and wasn't super interested in trick or treating.

I was at the park all day and found the crowds to be really light up until around 4pm when party ticket holders arrived and then it did get really crowded. Here's what I got to do during the party

4:00 BTMR stand by (40 min posted, waited 37 min)
5:15 Splash stand by (40 min posted, waited 23 min)
5:45 checked in and got my wrist band, map, trick or treat bag & starter candy at Tortuga Tavern. Took all of 5 minutes.
5:50-6:15 ate at Pecos Bills, did mobile order which took about 15 minutes, crowded and hard to find a seat
6:30 Haunted Mansion
6:45 Checked out the line for the wedding cake in Liberty Square but it was crazy long (thought I'd come back later but never did make it back)
7:00 Arrived at the Hub on the dot at 7 pm to hear the party kick-off announcement and see the CMs really start cracking down on wrist bands and sweeping out day guests
7:08 Monsters Inc Dance Party, was on my way to Space and it was too cute not to stop and get my groove on with Sully for a minute
7:12 Space Mountain (35 posted, waited 19min) Because I was solo, I was re-directed at the FP merge point as a single rider which cut 15 minutes off the wait. Loved the overlay! So much better than regular SM. The dark and the music really amped up the whole ride!
7:25 checked the wait time on the app for Pirates and it showed 30min but by the time I got over there it was up to 50min so decided to try later
7:30 stopped at Aloha Isle for a Pirate's Horizon, orange & pineapple juice with passion fruit syrup. Refreshing & tropical, wasn't very sweet which I liked.
8:15 Haunted Mansion, loved seeing the ghosts on the lawn. Some excellent heckling going on. Very funny!
8:50 Arrived to watch the first parade at Liberty Square, beside Ye Ol' Christmas Shop and across from Sleepy Hollow
9:05 Headless Horseman. SO cool! One of my favorite parts of the whole party
9:20 Boo to You Parade. I LOVED IT!! So cute! By far the best Disney parade I've seen (WDW or Disneyland). Loved the song, the costumes, the characters, the dancers. Just brilliant!
9:50 Arrived at the Hub for fireworks, stopped at the popcorn cart for a Jack Skellington Cake Push Pop. It was delightful. Chocolate, buttercream, and sugar pearls, what's not to love! Cute too. Grabbed a spot behind and slightly to the left of the partners statue, between it and the castle. Had a great view of Jack, the castle & the fireworks, crowded but not claustrophobic. Sat on the ground and enjoyed my cake pop and people watched while I waited.
10:20 Fireworks. I was blown away! Jack Skellington was fabulous. Loved the projections, the music, the storyline, and the fireworks. Having never seen Hollowishes, though, I don't have anything to compare to. Sounds like those who have may feel differently.
10:45 Pirates (15-minute wait). Loved the live pirates! So fun interacting with them. It was a great last ride of the trip. Did my only trick or treating of the night at the exit and got some chocolate gold coins
11:13 Boo to You, round 2. I'm such a big parade fan, had to watch it twice! This time I got a spot in Frontierland, across from the Diamond Horseshoe. Because I walked up so late, the view wasn't as good but was able to see just fine.
11:15 Headless Horseman
11:20 Parade
11:52 Back to the Hub to grab a spot for Hocus Pocus. Found a spot right against the fence/wall around partners, near where I watched the fireworks. Was able to sit and watch the show with a great view
12:05 Hocus Pocus. Such a fun show! Love the Sanderson Sisters and all the Villians. Gave me good, nostalgic 90's vibes. I can see if you've been to several parties, not necessarily needing to see this show every time but as a first-timer, loved it!
12:45 Bus Stop to CBR. This was the only pain point of the night for me (and the worst bus experience of the whole trip). Took until 1:27 am to get on a bus. Was in my room at 1:54 am.

I had a really fantastic time and would not hesitate to do another party. Loved seeing all the guests in costumes. People are SO clever and creative. The whole vibe of the night was so fun! Next time I think I'd want to do a little trick or treating and definitely try some more snacks.

Happy Halloween!!!🎃

This was SO helpful. Thank you!

I know they clear out Day guests at 6/7 but what she was saying was that since it was on the actual day of Halloween, the day guests might reach maximum capacity, and if that were to happen, they might not let us in at the typical 3:45/4 early entry. That we would have to wait till they cleared the day guests out IF the park was at maximum capacity. Not saying that it would, just that being it was ON the actual Halloween day, it could possibly happen, she said the same thing with Christmas.

I was only asking because I hadn’t thought of the park reaching maximum capacity for just the day guests till she said that. She was not talking specifically about the party being sold out, we were talking about the early 4pm entry.

I hope not!

Tickets were bought the day they went on sale!:ccat:
Since you already bought your ticket you are good to go! Wish I was going on Halloween night, I'm sure going to miss the cooler temps of late October and early November.

Checking in for the party on 9/20!! I’ll be there with my brother. We’re sitting out the costumes this year. It’s just too dang hot. I went to 2 parties last year, and the one where I didn’t dress up was so much more enjoyable. I’m so excited!!

Yay! My husband and I are attending that day as well--it's our first party. I decided not to do a costume. I have a couple Disney halloween shirts being shipped to me in the mail so I'll just wear one of those.

I'd be STRESSING about the party if we were bring our little kids, but I'm feeling pretty optimistic going into it with it just being me and my husband. We want to do the rides with overlays, the 2nd parade, fireworks and midnight Hocus Pocus. Plus i want to check out the ambiance of HM at night. Anything beyond that is a bonus to me.

Question for anyone who also attended last year, or may have an idea - our party is Oct. 25 this year. Should I expect most of the party exclusive merch to be sold out by then?

Last edited:
The only real issue I see here is #11. The Pooh line WILL be long at that time. Plus, why cross the park to FL just to come back to AL for steps 12-16. Just stay in Adventureland. Also, as mentioned, Aladdin/Abu and Jasmine/Genie rotate every 30 minutes so you’ll need to line up twice. Jafar has his own line. But I think it’s all reasonable before the fireworks, depending on where you want to watch and the view you’d like to have.
Yeah, the Pooh and Friends is up in the air for us. We might just skip it all together lol. As far as crossing over, we might just hit all of AL at one time just really depends on crowds. Also did anyone see crowds from Tuesday :sad2:!!We went last year and I remember it being crowded but not that crowded. Not going to lie, I'm a little worried. Our party is not until 09/20 so I'm hoping for lighter crowds (wishful thinking) but we shall see.

Question for anyone who also attended last year, or may have an idea - our party is Oct. 26 this year. Should I expect most of the party exclusive merch to be sold out by then?

Given that they seemed to only be putting a limited amount of VAH merch out for each of those, I'm thinking they might have started learning how to control the mass grabbing of stuff (sadly a lot to re-sell on EBay and the like). I'd definitely plan on buying earlier in the evening though!

No one ever has to wait for a parade or fireworks. It depends on how good of a view you want to be guaranteed.
I am concerned about the 2 and 6 year olds being able to see over people's heads, and we grandparents aren't able to hold them up that long anymore! The boys are the main reason for this visit, first time to WDW for the 2 year old. We have decided to watch the fireworks from behind the castle if the hub is crowded and not worry about the projections, but we do need a close view of the parade for them without having to encourage them to sit on the curb for an hour when everything else going on beckons! We also know they would LOVE the parade if they were able to see it-first world problems if ever! So we will try to just keep an eye on things around Frontierland and Liberty Square before the parade starts. I was fairly soundly chastised when I asked how people felt about holding places in ride/character lines even if littles needed to go to the bathroom, so I am pretty sure holding parade spots is equally frowned upon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter