"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the walk from Magic Kingdom to Contemporary Resort:

I haven't done it at night. During the daylight it was easy enough to see, and there will be other people to point you in the right direction.

I will say that the walk felt much longer than anticipated, so keep that in mind.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Oh man, you guys are getting my hopes up...

We go Tuesday and, after the first two parties, I was completely ready for heavy crowds despite late August historically being quieter. Now, with such good reports from last night, I've got the "maybe it will be less busy, maybe we'll be able to get more done," floating around in my head.

I am a firm believer in underpromise and overdeliver, but I'm struggling to keep myself in check this time.

Fingers crossed for Tuesday!

Always have to be ready for the ebbs and flows of party season, and this thread. A good plan will always trump whatever conditions you encounter on the ground.

That being said, I hope you enjoy your party.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I've not seen any ECV inside the garden where we normally stand, which is all the way to the left and at the front rail. This is new to me and I guess we'll have to adjust accordingly.

A good example of how things are always changing. Last night when we entered the garden, the only thing the CM said was we could sit anywhere except for i. front of the taped line at the front of the garden (meaning, the front towards the castle).

Upon further review, they had a tape line across the whole front of the garden.

I was confused as to why, but I didn’t stop to watch if it was for ECVs or what? I was thinking it was maybe to allow CMs and security a path to move around freely in the garden, but maybe not?

This is a pic of what I’m taking about. She said don’t sit/stand in front of the tape line.
07856B1E-7867-489F-A889-0DF2F022E627.jpeg

Can this be purchased later in the evening after photos have been taken? I’m unsure yet if we’d get enough photos taken to make it worth it for us but would definitely consider going back later in the night to buy it if I knew we had had quite a few done.

Plus I'd want to make sure the photos are actually worth purchasing. Many of mine from last year were blurry AND missing as in Photopass was not able to find them after doing a search! I believe someone here has already posted their photos where useless. Now that's frustrating!

A good example of how things are always changing. Last night when we entered the garden, the only thing the CM said was we could sit anywhere except for i. front of the taped line at the front of the garden (meaning, the front towards the castle).

Upon further review, they had a tape line across the whole front of the garden.

I was confused as to why, but I didn’t stop to watch if it was for ECVs or what? I was thinking it was maybe to allow CMs and security a path to move around freely in the garden, but maybe not?

This is a pic of what I’m taking about. She said don’t sit/stand in front of the tape line.
View attachment 428929
Wow! That's the first I've seen that also. We usually go right up to the rail to watch.

Wow! That's the first I've seen that also. We usually go right up to the rail to watch.
When I went to PGV in July, the right side of the rail was for ECV’s. IIRC it was just the right side. We were actually able to move up to the rail once it started as it wasn’t filled with ECV’s. YMMV.

It's where they're putting ECVs and wheelchairs. I was in a wheelchair for the first party due to a bum Achilles. The attendant took us right up to the railing. Unfortunately, there was an obstruction right in front of me, so I could see nothing. So my husband and I left the area and went to the back where we could see better.

Hi everyone. Thanks to all who have shared trip reports on this thread so far. We are going to the Nov 1st Party & our FP day is next week. I will follow this thread over the next couple of months. But wanting some feedback on the below so far please.
We will have a PH park ticket (planning on EEMH at SW:GE that morning- and hoping to leave at 9) before retreating back to the hotel that morning for a nap. We will then go to WL and have lunch at Geyser Point around 12:00. We are a honeymooning couple (31 & 30) so are fairly fit, fast walkers etc. We are hoping to have the same spot on Main Street for Fireworks, Hocus Pocus & Boo To You (second parade).

Is the below plan realistic?

Enter around 1:30-1:45.
Fast passes:
1:15-2:15
- 7DMT (if not available BTMR)
2:15-3:15- Peter Pan.
3:15-4:15- Haunted Mansion.

3:45pm - be ready to walk through party bypass. Take photos through Bypass (eg. Pumpkin)
4:45pm - line up for 7 Dwarves M&G
Be done with Dwarves by hopefully 6:45?
7:00- 8:00- Get the wedding Cake & share while watching Madame Carlotta outside HM. Ride PotC
8:00- Gaston & Belle (not a must do). Mad Tea Party.
When done: Space Mountain (Trick or Treat or Monsters Inc Dance Party if time).
9:45- find fireworks spot. (immediately after Boo 2 You #1). Partner statue (stand behind a trash can?) or Casey’s Corner.
10: 15-Fireworks
10:45-Villain stage show
11:15-Boo 2 You Parade
After Boo2You- Trick or Treat if time.

Hi everyone. Thanks to all who have shared trip reports on this thread so far. We are going to the Nov 1st Party & our FP day is next week. I will follow this thread over the next couple of months. But wanting some feedback on the below so far please.
We will have a PH park ticket (planning on EEMH at SW:GE that morning- and hoping to leave at 9) before retreating back to the hotel that morning for a nap. We will then go to WL and have lunch at Geyser Point around 12:00. We are a honeymooning couple (31 & 30) so are fairly fit, fast walkers etc. We are hoping to have the same spot on Main Street for Fireworks, Hocus Pocus & Boo To You (second parade).

Is the below plan realistic?

Enter around 1:30-1:45.
Fast passes:
1:15-2:15
- 7DMT (if not available BTMR)
2:15-3:15- Peter Pan.
3:15-4:15- Haunted Mansion.

3:45pm - be ready to walk through party bypass. Take photos through Bypass (eg. Pumpkin)
4:45pm - line up for 7 Dwarves M&G
Be done with Dwarves by hopefully 6:45?
7:00- 8:00- Get the wedding Cake & share while watching Madame Carlotta outside HM. Ride PotC
8:00- Gaston & Belle (not a must do). Mad Tea Party.
When done: Space Mountain (Trick or Treat or Monsters Inc Dance Party if time).
9:45- find fireworks spot. (immediately after Boo 2 You #1). Partner statue (stand behind a trash can?) or Casey’s Corner.
10: 15-Fireworks
10:45-Villain stage show
11:15-Boo 2 You Parade
After Boo2You- Trick or Treat if time.

I met Gaston and Belle at last year’s party. The line moves very slowly because Gaston is very chatty. So don’t be deceived by the line if it seems fairly short.

Hi guys helping a friend plan his night.

How early for a decent firweworks spot in the hub? It doesnt have to be the ultimate prime spot but something kinda center without major obstruction. I'm guessing the grassy area in front of caseys is fine if its not reserved for anything right? I've got 45 minutes budgeted on his plan for a spot will that be enough? Thanks.

I’ve read a few people saying to meet them during a parade or fireworks because the line shrinks.

I met Gaston and Belle at last year’s party. The line moves very slowly because Gaston is very chatty. So don’t be deceived by the line if it seems fairly short.

Thank you for that- that’s great advice. They are a priority B for the night, we have another whole MK day and an Epcot day where we can meet them separately. Do you find the interaction between them worth meeting them together? I might jump in line for Pirates immediately after Dwarves. If we get the overlay characters- awesome. If not- no biggie. And then only bother with Gaston and Belle if we can be done with Pirates, wedding cake & Carlotta by 7:30. That would give us 2hr 15 min for Space Mountain, TeaCups & Gaston and Belle which should be plenty?

Thank you for that- that’s great advice. They are a priority B for the night, we have another whole MK day and an Epcot day where we can meet them separately. Do you find the interaction between them worth meeting them together? I might jump in line for Pirates immediately after Dwarves. If we get the overlay characters- awesome. If not- no biggie. And then only bother with Gaston and Belle if we can be done with Pirates, wedding cake & Carlotta by 7:30. That would give us 2hr 15 min for Space Mountain, TeaCups & Gaston and Belle which should be plenty?

Well, it was fun to interact with Belle and Gaston together, but I’m not sure it felt worth the wait. He was talking about why they should be together and she was talking about why she didn’t want that. I did get to express my opinion, but a lot of the interaction was between them rather than me interacting with them.

Quick report. We did the party last night (friday) and omg what a difference a week made. It was very nice, busy but not crowded.
Entered at 6:30pm no lines, went to jungle cruise ToT and got our first handful of candy at 6:50, walked to pirates, walked on and had a pirate in the queue, one after the big ship and one before the burning scene. Super fun.
All ToT lines were short, saw cadaver Dans , got constance cake (delicious. Nice and light) and ate it while watching madame carlotta at hm. No line for maleficent soft served, saw the stepsisters roaming in fantasyland. Grabbed a spot at the flag pole for the first parade, I was shocked at how empty main street was. Got busier around 9pm. Walked up mid MS for a spot for fireworks, not shoulder to shoulder, actually plenty of space, perfect view of the projections and fireworks, had to get on tiptoes to see Jack.
Meandered for more candy and then went to sleepy hollow at 11pm, bought the waffle and soft served (loved it) and a front row spot for 2nd parade.
Walked behind the parade to get a spot for the midnight show of hocus pocus.
A perfect night

How was the DesceDANCE? My daughter loves them. Do they actually come out and dance?
[/QUOTE]

My DDs and I were not familiar with the Descendants before this trip. At the party there was a DJ and one other girl that was dressed up but did not look like the main characters seen on the posters. These two and a few cast members from Cosmic Rays interacted with the kids. My DDs enjoyed the interaction and music choices.

Quick report. We did the party last night (friday) and omg what a difference a week made. It was very nice, busy but not crowded.
Entered at 6:30pm no lines, went to jungle cruise ToT and got our first handful of candy at 6:50, walked to pirates, walked on and had a pirate in the queue, one after the big ship and one before the burning scene. Super fun.
All ToT lines were short, saw cadaver Dans , got constance cake (delicious. Nice and light) and ate it while watching madame carlotta at hm. No line for maleficent soft served, saw the stepsisters roaming in fantasyland. Grabbed a spot at the flag pole for the first parade, I was shocked at how empty main street was. Got busier around 9pm. Walked up mid MS for a spot for fireworks, not shoulder to shoulder, actually plenty of space, perfect view of the projections and fireworks, had to get on tiptoes to see Jack.
Meandered for more candy and then went to sleepy hollow at 11pm, bought the waffle and soft served (loved it) and a front row spot for 2nd parade.
Walked behind the parade to get a spot for the midnight show of hocus pocus.
A perfect night

Did the same party. We stopped doing the first nights because they are always so crowded, all the would-be-influencers seems to be thinking they need to be there first night or their quest is lost.

Would redo again next year without an hesitation, there's a whole difference between a date that is sold out and one you actually have fresh air around everywhere!

Just to highlight it, we went to the hub to see the new fireworks like, 10 minutes before showtime, and grabbed a perfect spot, aligned with Jack and the castle, with nobody in between (not even kids-on-shoulders).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter