"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok...makes sense! I was at the first MNSSHP of the season and perhaps I did see all the way down the length of the railing but it was super crowded in there so perhaps there were spots all the way to the end closer to main street. In any case, I'd think that unless you're going to the Oct. 31st party or maybe the one before, it won't be as crowded as it was for us. Yes there is a HC viewing area right across the walkway - it was entertaining watching people trying to get in there 1 minute before the fireworks started - lol!

I'll add that I was sitting on my scooter at the railing and I had no idea Jack Skellington was at the bottom of the castle. I had a pretty good view otherwise. You might miss what's towards the bottom of the castle but I'm thinking you still might be able to see it all!
There's a post a few pages back from @GADisneyDad14 where he notes the entire area near the front rail is now taped off and he was asked to choose a spot other than that area when he did the party this past week. I believe someone else reported that they were allowed to move forward later if that area was not occupied by someone in an ECV. (?) Either way, it is a change from how I've seen the HEA dessert party go.

Every time we've done the HEA dessert party we've seen TONS of people who are not in the dessert party try to stand directly in front of the rail on the general path and the CM's have to keep moving them away. They even sit on the rail to claim a spot! The CM's are usually good with keeping them away.
If we pay for the Plaza Fireworks Party within the MNSSHP and want to stand at the front rail, we are now out of luck? I understand having a spot for ECV's and wheelchairs, but I don't think that spot should be in an area that is exclusive to an upcharge event.
I believe the area in the plaza garden and in the front of the rail is being reserved for people who bought the dessert party but are in a ECV or other mobility vehicle. From what I've seen so far, it would appear that there is a better view from the actual HC spot for people not doing the party, which is located directly in front of the plaza garden. The garden itself has some shrubs and things that block the view, as someone reported.

I love the greenery and things in the HUB, but I often wonder why they keep them there if they have made two fireworks/projection displays (HEA and MNSSS) so difficult to see unless you are directly in front of the castle. They try to cram everyone into a small space to be able to see the entire show (projections and fireworks), and yet block some of the view by trees and shrubs. ??? Or now that I'm thinking on it, Disney KNOWS they can sell the premium dessert party spots so they need to keep some things exclusive, like the view everyone should get with admission, but in reality you need to either do a dessert party or be very careful in planning where to claim a spot. Cynical, I know...but Disney has been charging extra for everything lately, it seems.

Just to clarify...I couldn't see him well but I'm pretty sure that Jack was not a projection. He was the character on stage which is why it is so hard to see him unless you are very close.
This is correct. He is a character on stage. We had a good view from the hub but he isn’t huge. My teenagers and I could see him but my 9 year old had no idea he was there until she saw our videos. She was simply too short to see him and I didn’t realize that was the case until we were watching clips of the show and she complained that she missed Jack.

They are giving that nasty stuff out to everyone this year and not just foisting it on those of us with allergies? When I “redeemed” my tokens last year, I told them none of that, they brought it anyway, and I left it on the desk. Gross!
Ironically my son, on the autism spectrum, loves these! When I get them at Disney races I bring them all home to him. He'll be in heaven between races and the party!
My son uses these and /or yogurt when taking meds. He has ADHD/ASD.

My son uses these and /or yogurt when taking meds. He has ADHD/ASD.

I get it. I am clearly weird for finding them gross.

I know which trail to avoid.

I was mainly just surprised they would give something like that to everyone rather than just having it for the smaller number of allergy people.

Maybe there is a time at which they start the Main Street clearance. All people on Main Street were flowing out when we were directed to use the bypass.

CM's will direct you but they do not force you to take the Bypass.

Not been to the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom to ask for the card, but I'll believe it is available only when the party starts. Maybe a few minutes before 7pm, as long as you have your wristband (which, at this time, you should have).
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card is available at 4pm you must have party wristbands on. You cannot pick them up for family or friends who are also attending the party with you. CM's will mark your party wristband with a black magic marker.

I get it. I am clearly weird for finding them gross.

I know which trail to avoid.

I was mainly just surprised they would give something like that to everyone rather than just having it for the smaller number of allergy people.

That's because COP is not an allergy stop, it's a treat stop marked on the party map. Since this is something you won't enjoy do yourself a favor and don't go there as the line can and will be long.

People with allergies get Tokens and those get turned in for allergy friendly filled bags at two locations in MK.

That's because COP is not an allergy stop, it's a treat stop marked on the party map. Since this is something you won't enjoy do yourself a favor and don't go there as the line can and will be long.

People with allergies get Tokens and those get turned in for allergy friendly filled bags at two locations in MK.

I am aware of that as one who is gluten-free and peanut allergic. Last year they had the fruit mashes AT the allergy token redemption area - not on any non-allergy trails I did.

I was saying I am surprised that they have something which HAS been an allergy treat out for everyone. Seems pretty pricey compared to the other stuff and you would think they would want to limit the amount given out more than to everyone.

I am aware of that as one who is gluten-free and peanut allergic. Last year they had the fruit mashes AT the allergy token redemption area - not on any non-allergy trails I did.

I was saying I am surprised that they have something which HAS been an allergy treat out for everyone. Seems pretty pricey compared to the other stuff and you would think they would want to limit the amount given out more than to everyone.

I'm guessing they have some kind of deal with Go-Go Squeeze as they have them in the race treat boxes at the end of every Disney race I've run.

For the people that found a decent viewing spot for the fireworks after watching the first parade in Frontierland - did you cut through Adventureland to the Hub (a few of you reported doing this, I think)? Is that path open when the parade is moving through the Hub and Main Street? I'm hoping to grab a spot in front of Casey's or near the Walt statue for fireworks, if possible.

They gave them out at several treat locations during MVMCP. We went home with a gallon size bag full of them. But, my kids love them so I was happy to have a non-sugar filled snack.

Went to our first (most likely last) Not-so-scary halloween party on the 20th. It was very crowded for a ticketed event in my opinion. We spent too much time in lines either waiting for characters or rides (and my kids wanted rides more than anything). Wound up at the flag pole for the 11:00 parade. Had a good spot. The headless horseman came through, and then the party patrol. Party patrol took some kids around and did some dancing. Then we waited, and waited. And then the cast members took down the rope and people were walking down main street to the gates. This was about 11:40 pm. So either I feel asleep and missed the parade, or they cut it short for some reason. It was odd to say the least. We decided to get out to the bus lines, so we wouldn't be waiting for a bus until 1:00 am.

It was disappointing to say the least.

Went to our first (most likely last) Not-so-scary halloween party on the 20th. It was very crowded for a ticketed event in my opinion. We spent too much time in lines either waiting for characters or rides (and my kids wanted rides more than anything). Wound up at the flag pole for the 11:00 parade. Had a good spot. The headless horseman came through, and then the party patrol. Party patrol took some kids around and did some dancing. Then we waited, and waited. And then the cast members took down the rope and people were walking down main street to the gates. This was about 11:40 pm. So either I feel asleep and missed the parade, or they cut it short for some reason. It was odd to say the least. We decided to get out to the bus lines, so we wouldn't be waiting for a bus until 1:00 am.

It was disappointing to say the least.

Weird - I haven’t heard anyone else mention that.

How late can you swap out tokens for allergy candy? I think I remember taking care of it before fireworks last time, but just checking in case we don't make it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter