"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people that found a decent viewing spot for the fireworks after watching the first parade in Frontierland - did you cut through Adventureland to the Hub (a few of you reported doing this, I think)? Is that path open when the parade is moving through the Hub and Main Street? I'm hoping to grab a spot in front of Casey's or near the Walt statue for fireworks, if possible.
Just follow behind the parade.
Is that what you did? I worry it will take a long time because the parade is slow moving and lots of people will be following it, too? Thought maybe a short cut could help!
I wouldn't follow the parade. I would do, and have done last year, exactly what you described by cutting through Adventureland. This was after the second parade and we were trying to get to the last Hocus Pocus show, but the same principle applies now that you need to be up front to see the new fireworks projections. We cut through the path by the bathrooms, made a quick bathroom stop, and made it to the HUB as the parade was rounding. Then we went right to the front by the castle for the show.

One thing to keep in mind if you're doing it for the first parade and fireworks, is that a lot of people who watched the parade will stay in their spot for the fireworks. But the parade route itself will open and people can stand on it in front of the castle. Even if you don't get up front, you can get close in front of Casey's and that garden (not sure if it has a name?) Just make sure to ask a CM if there's one nearby if where you're standing is ok if you're unsure. They were moving people last year on the paths to keep some of them open. Not sure if that will be the same this year.

I am aware of that as one who is gluten-free and peanut allergic. Last year they had the fruit mashes AT the allergy token redemption area - not on any non-allergy trails I did.

I was saying I am surprised that they have something which HAS been an allergy treat out for everyone. Seems pretty pricey compared to the other stuff and you would think they would want to limit the amount given out more than to everyone.

They had the Go-Go Squeeze at MNSSHP last year near the docks between BTMRR and the rest of Frontierland, where the river rafts leave from. And a couple of CMs handed them out from a mobile cart in that area pre-parade as well. I distinctly remember forcing DH to go through the line with me even though he hates applesauce, since I wanted his share too.

They had the Go-Go Squeeze at MNSSHP last year near the docks between BTMRR and the rest of Frontierland, where the river rafts leave from. And a couple of CMs handed them out from a mobile cart in that area pre-parade as well. I distinctly remember forcing DH to go through the line with me even though he hates applesauce, since I wanted his share too.

Ah - I did not even go over there last year.

I find it so interesting that so many spectrum kids - who often have issues with food textures (I teach them - I see it all the time) - like them. The texture is what makes me gag more than anything. (And some of their flavor combos are truly gag-worthy to me.)

So we've officially got our costumes sorted now. I'm Dustin Hoffman's Hook; partner is Bo Peep from Toy Story 4 and our little boy is being Buzz lightyear! We're also going to 6 parties while we're there as we got the Season pass. We will be dressing up for all 6, this costume of mine especially has taken a lot of prepping but always been a huge fan of Hook! :D

Loving the reports of lighter crowds, our boy is only 1 year and 4 months so we're just going to chill out, trick or treat and go on some rides with him. Surprisingly, for a 1 year old, he adores Toy Story so Buzz was an easy choice for him. Would love to see some of your costume pictures! Share them :D

I find it so interesting that so many spectrum kids - who often have issues with food textures (I teach them - I see it all the time) - like them. The texture is what makes me gag more than anything. (And some of their flavor combos are truly gag-worthy to me.)

I like applesauce in general, but have never tried the go-go squeeze ones. Because it's just weird to me to slurp it out of a tube. I'm often surprised that my son will eat them to be honest. He won't eat regular applesauce, only the Go-Go Squeeze kind. And he was refusing other flavors besides Apple-Apple, but recently I talked him in to trying Apple Cinnamon and he liked it. We have so many food issues with him that I take any wins I can get! (Meanwhile my typical 5 year old decided he doesn't like the squeeze applesauce and refuses it. He used to eat all the flavors and then he stopped and I had all these weird combos that my 9 year old wouldn't touch!)

Here is a far off question: in two years, Oct 1st 2021 is the MK 50th anniversary. That is also a friday, traditionally a party night. Do you think they will still have the party on that night or move it to another day?

Here is a far off question: in two years, Oct 1st 2021 is the MK 50th anniversary. That is also a friday, traditionally a party night. Do you think they will still have the party on that night or move it to another day?

I'm banking they will have a party that night. With all the tracking I've done I'm 99% sure there will be a party that night. The 50th stuff will take place during the day and will last for a while. Like months.

EDIT: Don't quote me it! :laughing:

I'm banking they will have a party that night. With all the tracking I've done I'm 99% sure there will be a party that night. The 50th stuff will take place during the day and will last for a while. Like months.

EDIT: Don't quote me it! :laughing:

Lol thanks! I figured as much! We will go back to our old week long trip for the 50th so we can hit up more parks and possibly HHN at universal as well

My 2 1/2 year old eats around 4-6 of those Go-Go squeezes a day. He loves them. Too much. They aren't cheap either. Without discounts that's like a 4 dollar a day habit(although we buy in bulk now). So last year when they were giving them out at MVMCP over in Storybook Circus we went through that line several times :) and it was basically empty.

Hey guys can anyone tell me what character lines are like after fireworks until midnight? Thanks.
Honestly depends on the character and depends on the night. The biggies like and Jack & Sally and the dwarfs tend to stay long all night, while Storybook Circus characters’ lines will (usually) drop later in the evening. Keep an eye on reports here for patterns (and check out last years’ reports as well). But unlike rides where you can line up right until park closing, CMs will cut character lines early, so don’t wait until the end of the night for your must dos!

Some other observations - people as per usual never cease to amaze me - as we walked through the Peter Pan que there were hundreds of candy wrappers on the ground in the darlings bedroom scene room...and I’m not exaggerating. I felt bad for those who were going to have to clean that up!
When we rode Pirates for the second time during Friday’s party, the floor in the second row was absolutely filled with walnut shells. Some idiot was eating walnuts and throwing the shells on the floor.

As horrible as that is, it did lead to this amusing exchange between the two children (around 7-8 years old maybe?) sitting in that row (we were in the front row).

Child 1 - “If those walnuts come near my feet, I’m getting up to get away from them!”

Child 2 - “They’re walnuts, they won’t kill you.”

I believe the area in the plaza garden and in the front of the rail is being reserved for people who bought the dessert party but are in a ECV or other mobility vehicle.
You are correct. My daughter and I moved up to the rail that was unoccupied by ECV’s once HEA started.

I'm guessing they have some kind of deal with Go-Go Squeeze as they have them in the race treat boxes at the end of every Disney race I've run.

They’ve been giving them out at the butterfly house at flower and garden the last few years too

Hey guys can anyone tell me what character lines are like after fireworks until midnight? Thanks.

At the first party, the Seven Dwarfs line was closed at 11:00, if I recall correctly, and the Elvis Stitch line was closing at 11:30. The cast member at Elvis Stitch said she was closing the line at 11:30 because the line was 30 minutes long and the party ended at midnight.

The character lines outside at new Fantasyland had lines which appeared to be about 10 to 15 minutes long after the fireworks.

Re the applesauce: the Kids meals at Pecos Bill's in the Magic Kingdom come with applesauce, if your kids want it outside of party hours. That was the only time I got a Kids meal, so I don't know if it is the same at all Kids meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter