• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the party last night without a plan in mind at all (ME=DAREDEVIL), here's how we did:

- Arrived right around 3:45, waited only a few minutes to be let in.
- Went thru bypass to get ToT bag and first candy, stopped to get photo with Minnie statue.
- Made a beeline straight to 7DMT for our 4:10 FP, rode it. Had to go back in to retrieve a costume piece left behind by youngest DD.
- Hopped on The Little Mermaid Ride with no wait, then Mermaid Ariel Meet and Greet for youngest. maybe a 10 minute wait for that.
- Beast's Castle Photopass and Magic shot for oldest DD.
- Stopped at Pinocchio Village Haus for dinner. It may have rained while we ate...not sure.
- Mandatory Haunted Mansion ride. Walked on.
- Headed to the Tiki Room for Moana M&G, wait was about 50 minutes, maybe less. By the time we got done with that, it was 7pm, Start of Party. The times we stopped by after that, the line looked pretty short. Got Dole Whip Floats afterwards.
- I think we hopped in the Country Bear ToT line after that. (longest ToT wait of the night)
- Headed back to Fantasyland so DW and Oldest DD could get Belle and Gaston's M&G. I took youngest DD thru Ariel's Grotto ToT line (fairly longish wait), got photopass-flaming pumpkin magic shot for her. Went back to B&G M&G, DW & DD not done yet, so other DD and I did a restroom break and a water run from Gaston's Tavern (I also snuck a LeFou's Brew, don't tell my wife). Got back to them as they were getting their pictures taken.
- First Parade was starting, so we decided to head to Pirates, got Magic Mirror Magic Shots and the Gus/Donut container on the way.
- Got in line for Pirates, line looked long but standby said only 15 minutes. I timed it, it was accurate, they moved a lot of people fast on it.
- By the time we got out, parade was ending and we took another rr break and hopped in the Jafar M&G line. Then a quick jaunt thru the Jungle Cruise ToT line.
- DDs wanted to meet Stitch, so we headed over to Tomorrowland. They hopped in his line and I went to go get some popcorn. They were still in line when I got back, so I went thru the Monsters Inc ToT, then sat by the exit to Stitch to watch the fireworks. Great place to watch the projections on the castle, not so great to watch the fireworks. DW and the DDs got done with the M&G as the fireworks ended. We ran thru the Monsters Inc line again. HANDFULS of candy at this point.
- Rode the PeopleMover as we needed a bit of a break. Then got a PP pic with one of the giant inflatable pumpkins.
- Headed to the front of the park to watch the parade with the idea of hopping in the Jack & Sally line as soon as it was over. DW and DD2 went to find a spot while DD1 and I ran and got the SotMK party card and some beverages.
- Popped in to the J&S M&G to see when they would stop meeting, Castmember said the line was 1 hr 15 min long at that point, so probably soon. Went back to report this to DD1, who was the one who wanted to meet them, and gave her the choice to watch the parade or see J&S, she chose the parade (it was the last night of our trip and they were pretty charactered out at that point.)
- Couple more PP photos after the parade and some quick shopping to use up the rest of our Snack Credits and we were heading out the door as the Sanderson Sisters were finishing up their show.

All and all, we were pretty satisfied with the event. Got almost everything we wanted to do accomplished. Slightly bummed at missing J&S but other characters and the FP were more a priority. Figured the shows we could watch online. Bummed I didn't get the event t-shirt I wanted or the Maleficent pin, I probably could have gotten the former, as I did see it in my size early in the night but figured I'd buy it later. Emporium didn't have it in my size at the end of the night, and I didn't want to be bothered with going to the back of the park to look for it. Wanted to try Constance's cake, but the line was pretty long, and we never went back for it. Didn't write down the locations of the other two Hitchhiking ghost containers, so that was totally on me. But, we ended up with two Gallon size bags of candy (which got DW hauled out of line at the TSA checkpoint this morning, lol), and had a lot of compliments on our costumes (the ladies were Jedi Princesses and I was Darth Goofy.) All in all, a great time, but probably not doing it again (at least not in August...too blasted hot).

TL
Thanks for the awesome review!!

Where are they doing the magic mirror shot? I thought in FL but sounds like you were in AL when you got it?

Thank you!

Thanks for the awesome review!!

Where are they doing the magic mirror shot? I thought in FL but sounds like you were in AL when you got it?

Thank you!

We were headed to AL from Gaston's, but the photos were taken by the outlying Cinderella castle wall/turrets between Enchanted Tales with Belle and Pinocchio's Village Haus. The one across from where the Stepsisters/Fairy Godmother meet during the day. Sorry for the confusion.

TL

So any hurricane related advice? We managed to get Be our Guest reservations for Friday night, probably thanks to the storm. I'm hoping our travel home on Monday (yes that got changed, yes before we thought the storm would hit on Monday) won't be too much of an ordeal.

Updated schedule:
Bypass entry at 4pm, buy anything sparkly in the bypass.
SM with FP, wander through hub to Liberty square.
HM with FP
shop at Momento Mori
Walk through FL, riding anything with a short line.
Hoping to do some early shopping with a wristband at Mickey's Philharmagic.
6:10 Be Our Guest!!! (does anyone know how long this will take?)
walk toward Liberty square - CHH for haunted mansion sipper 1, Popcorn cart for wedding cake cupcake & HM sipper 2, SofMK card.
Annual MNSSHP pin purchase in Frontierland
Cadaver Dans
HM gravediggers photo
BTMRR
Golden Oak - HM donut holder & caramel pretzel
Catch first parade near FL (Is my timing right? or should this be later?)
walk through to Adventureland - PotC
shop through mainstreet
dump everything in a locker
walk toward Fantasyland for fireworks
rest of the night - ToT, pictures & more shopping, random rides
End of night - Headless magic shot as we exit

I'm worried I'm not timing things out but our main priorities are now the HM popcorn bucket trio and seeing the ghost on the lawn at HM. We've ditched our costumes for technical fabric that won't chafe when wet and hats with a brim to keep rain out of our eyes.

For anyone that has flown, have you been able to take your candy on the way home in your carry ons? We're trying to work out flying down for the party in a couple weeks and since it's a short trip I was hoping to not have to pay for a checked bag but then realized I would need to get candy home :)

For anyone that has flown, have you been able to take your candy on the way home in your carry ons? We're trying to work out flying down for the party in a couple weeks and since it's a short trip I was hoping to not have to pay for a checked bag but then realized I would need to get candy home :)

Took mine in our carry on, no issues.

That whole TSA candy check thing bubbled up 2 years ago if I'm not mistaken, I don't think it's been a wide-spread issue since. Although edit, I guess possible and still happening per the next poster!

We had two gallon sized bags of candy in my wife's backpack. She did get hauled out of line when we went thru the TSA screening yesterday, apparently their x-ray machines can't see through all that candy (also, I saw a news reports that one way drug smugglers transport drugs is through large bags of candy). They manually checked it though and we were cleared to bring it aboard with us in our carry-ons. While we were going through the line, I overheard another passenger say something about trick or treating at Disney, so I'm sure they see it all the time. Just expect a little closer attention. :)

TL

I went to the first party. Gave away most of my candy, had a ziploc gallon size bag of candy in my carry-on. Got randomly assigned pre-check.

I was looking around, to see how long the line was that i got to avoid. The security lady looking at the bags on the conveyor belt gave me the evil eye.

Went through metal detector. It did not beep. They made me go through the “assume the position” machine. And then they patted down my chest.

I don’t think it was related to the candy in my carry on because I don’t think they connected me to that bag, but i don’t know for sure.

I was in a tshirt dress without pockets, no jacket, no sweater, no jewelry, flip flops, hair pulled back (and small bra). Not sure why the extra screening for me. No extra screening for my bag.

We were headed to AL from Gaston's, but the photos were taken by the outlying Cinderella castle wall/turrets between Enchanted Tales with Belle and Pinocchio's Village Haus. The one across from where the Stepsisters/Fairy Godmother meet during the day. Sorry for the confusion.
TL

RE: The Evil Queen Magic Shot Animated Video

I have the location on the Magic Shot Thread listed as:
Located at Fantasyland castle wall near Prince Charming Regal Carrousel

Is this not correct? Please let me know and I'll update it immediately. Thank you!

Last year I took some of ours in my carry on. I had it in a gallon ziploc bag, but pulled it out of my bag to go through xray. One of the guys opened it and rummaged through for about 15 secs then put it back. No big deal.

In another situation, not related... On the way there, I had all of our pins in a cosemtic bag and our quarters and pennies for penny press in a M&M tube in my book bag. They pulled my bag for those. Problem was there wasn't anyone there to inspect bags! All the TSA agents were standing at the end of another line just gabbing. I finally had to go over and ask for someone to come check them (there were 5 other people waiting too!) One of the guys said, "I'm not sure, but it's definitely not me." It took an extra 30 minutes, I was so annoyed.

My fiance gets extra screening every time, without fail. We have a system down now where gather all his things automatically and wait for him at a bench out of the way :)

I am still trying to figure out which party activities (besides character meets) may begin between 6 and 7 pm.
  • Are the ToT stations open 6:00 - 7:00pm?
  • Is Monsters Laugh Floor running between 6 and 7 pm? Is it the "Halloween inspired" version?
  • Will the overlays begin before 7 pm at Space and Teacups (or *at* 7 pm)?
  • When do the live pirates arrive at Pirates?
  • How about the Descendants party?
  • And will magic shots be available between 6:00 and 7:00?
Thank you!

TL
Thank you, thats’s exactly where I thought it was!

I am still trying to figure out which party activities (besides character meets) may begin between 6 and 7 pm.
  • Is Monsters Laugh Floor running between 6 and 7 pm? Is it the "Halloween inspired" version?
Thank you!
  • ToT stations open - 7:00pm
  • Monsters Laugh Floor - 7 pm Is it the "Halloween inspired" version - Yes
  • Overlays begin - Just slightly before 7pm or at 7pm. Last year it was just before 7pm on some nights.
  • Live pirates arrive - 7pm
  • Descendants party - 7pm
  • Magic shots usually start at 7pm but I have seen the Flaming pumpkin earlier. I think it all depends on the party. Sorry I cannot be exact as some parties do run differently. Majority of the MS will be at 7pm.
Enjoy your party!

• ToT stations open - 7:00pm
  • Monsters Laugh Floor - 7 pm Is it the "Halloween inspired" version - Yes
  • Overlays begin - Just slightly before 7pm or at 7pm. Last year it was just before 7pm on some nights.
  • Live pirates arrive - 7pm
  • Descendants party - 7pm
  • Magic shots usually start at 7pm but I have seen the Flaming pumpkin earlier. I think it all depends on the party. Sorry I cannot be exact as some parties do run differently. Majority of the MS will be at 7pm.
Enjoy your party!
Thank you! It sounds like we should use the time between 6 and 7 pm to eat since the party stuff won't really start until 7 pm and we are not too interested in the meets. Does that sound right?

Thank you! It sounds like we should use the time between 6 and 7 pm to eat since the party stuff won't really start until 7 pm and we are not too interested in the meets. Does that sound right?
I always recommend eating before getting into MK.
You can pick up SotMK card, get in line for Characters at 6:30 for those who meet at 7pm, same for PC buckets if they are not being released until 7pm. You can also get merchandise and get photos taken at Sir Mickey's. There's plenty to do. ::yes::

RE: The Evil Queen Magic Shot Animated Video
View attachment 430693

I have the location on the Magic Shot Thread listed as:
Located at Fantasyland castle wall near Prince Charming Regal Carrousel

Is this not correct? Please let me know and I'll update it immediately. Thank you!

I'm pretty sure it was by the FL castle wall between Belle and Pinocchio, which is near the Carousel. It was the wall opposite where the stepsisters meet during regular park hours.

Thank you!

We got the Headless Horseman magic shot in front of the park at around sometime between 5:30 and 6pm (on a different party night before the one we went to, just wanted a shot in front, didn't expect the horseman to show up), so it's possible. May depend on the night and the location.

TL

Also, I don't know it it has been mentioned or not, but the Oogie Boogie head popcorn buckets are now available and you can get them at non-party times.

TL

I'm here at Universal now. Trying to keep up on the thread. This is so helpful thanks! Oh, less humid today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter