"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, two sold out dates in one week in September? I don't recall that happening in the last few years (please correct me if I'm wrong). Seems this is a popular week to be down there! We'll be adding to the crowds tomorrow! HA!

Sunday 9/24 and Tuesday 9/26 sold out in 2017 (both day of) - they were the only two sell outs in Sept that year. Friday 9/14 sold out on 9/14 last year, but that was it.

I am seriously debating on getting tickets to a dessert party for my 9/27 MNSSHP night . . .There are 6 of us (2 5yr olds) 4 have never been to WDW before and it is our only MK day . . . I really want this to be special but 1 of the kids has dairy/egg allergy - would it still be worth it for the dessert party?
Disney's Not So Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
is SOLD OUT for a party of 6. LINK
However you might be able to separate transactions of 3 then another 3. :confused3

Disney's Not So Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing
is wide open. LINK

When you book the dessert party there is an allergy update page you should fill out. Someone did post comments regarding their allergy friendly plate and they were not happy. I would call to make arrangements. Ask for cup cakes & other dessert without known allergens to be made. Sorry, I don't what they can or will do for you.

Sunday 9/24 and Tuesday 9/26 sold out in 2017 (both day of) - they were the only two sell outs in Sept that year. Friday 9/14 sold out on 9/14 last year, but that was it.

Ah, thanks for the correction! Funny enough we found the crowds in 2017 to be much better than the crowds last year....so perhaps two sell outs in a week don't necessarily speak to the overall crowds! (hopefully!)

Okay so sorry if this question has already been answered, but.. are the party-exclusive snacks available before 7pm? We will be MK by at least 4pm, and I want to eat dinner (specifically a Lotso burger!) before the party actually starts. We are going to the party on this Friday the 27th, and I am doing my last minute plans. Thanks guys!!

Depends on the snack as some things (Pumpkin Spice soft serve at Auntie Gravity's? some other stuff) are available all day. Sounds like Lottso is one of the ones "during" the party, so definitely after 6pm... maybe before 7pm? Hopefully someone can help you from first-hand.
2019 Halloween-themed specialty treats are available at the following locations:
These treats will only be available within the Magic Kingdom during MNSSHP.
Aloha Isle - Pirate’s Horizon
Sleepy Hallow - Headless Horseman Cheesecake & Chocolate Mickey Mouse Sunday
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe- Hades Nachos & Worms and Dirt Dessert
rebfuyo3tuygbhf871625.jpg

Cider House (Golden Oak Outpost) - Frozen Apple Cider, Warm Caramel-Stuffed Pretzel, & Cinnamon Donuts
Liberty Square Popcorn Cart - Constance’s For Better or For Worse Wedding Cake
Snack Carts near Cinderella's Castle - Jack and Sally's Push Pop
Casey's Corner - Now Begin Thy Magic Spell (Red slush, passion fruit syrup, blue curacao syrup, sprite and lemonade garnished with a chocolate covered apple slice)
Storybook Treats - Snake Eyes (Coming in September)
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café - Lots-O-Burger & Berry Blaster
Cool Ship - Hades Hatred

Wow, two sold out dates in one week in September? I don't recall that happening in the last few years (please correct me if I'm wrong). Seems this is a popular week to be down there! We'll be adding to the crowds tomorrow! HA!

Maybe people coming back now after Dorian cancellations?

:ssst: I wonder if Disney is finally catching on and are holding back a few tickets for Friday night party. Tickets plus the Party Pass = Very high crowds and unhappy guests who'll most likely be given "something" should they contact Disney.

Touring Plans Least Crowded MNSSHP 2019
Tuesday, September 17, 2019 Ranked #22 out of 36
Sunday, September 22, 2019 Ranked #12

Friday, September 27, 2019 is Ranked #11

Again TP is referring to crowd level for RIDES and NOT for people actually attending the party, so we'll see how this party plays out. LINK

I wonder if Disney is finally catching on and are holding back a few tickets for Friday night party. Tickets plus the Party Pass = Very high crowds and unhappy guests who'll most likely be given "something" should they contact Disney.
Can someone refresh my memory on the party pass? Do the people who purchase it go whenever they want and as many times as they want? Meaning they don't have to choose days in advance? And if they don't have to choose days in advance will they have guaranteed entrance to a party if it's sold out?

In my mind it's playing like flex sports tickets where you purchase a set amount of tickets in advance at a discount and then choose your games, but I'm thinking the party pass isn't like that. Which means it's very unpredictable for Disney to estimate crowds on any given night. I hope they are holding tickets back to make it less crowded for party goers, but it doesn't seem fair to oversell the party passes either.

Can someone refresh my memory on the party pass? Do the people who purchase it go whenever they want and as many times as they want? Meaning they don't have to choose days in advance? And if they don't have to choose days in advance will they have guaranteed entrance to a party if it's sold out?

You pretty much have it - it’s an “annual pass” for all the parties except for 10/31. You can go whenever you want, no choosing of days in advance. Entry is guaranteed even when sold out.

And since we bought them - and will probably go to two parties we otherwise would not have over party season - I hope everyone on this thread will still be my friend. :flower3:

You pretty much have it - it’s an “annual pass” for all the parties except for 10/31. You can go whenever you want, no choosing of days in advance. Entry is guaranteed even when sold out.

And since we bought them - and will probably go to two parties we otherwise would not have over party season - I hope everyone on this thread will still be my friend. :flower3:

Depends.. are you going on 9/29? 🤣

I attended the 9/20 party with my husband. It was our first party.

My observations/review:

It "felt crowded." The park felt fairy empty when we got in at 3:45pm, but walkways (we didn't even attempt the hub or Main St) seemed packed after 6pm.

We used our 3 FP for Jungle Cruise, Splash and BTMRR and attended Country Bear Jamboree while we were waiting for our big thunder FP. That was all great. We had a fantastic JC skipper who was into it and had some fresh jokes. We did Philharmagic (wanted to see the show before they turned it into a TOT spot) and Small World with no wait. Headed to Buzz next and waited about 15 minutes at 6:30.

We got in line for Space at 7pm and waited 25-30 minutes. I was really looking forward to the "black out" effect, but the effect was ruined, as there was someone on our car that had LED light hair accessories. I noticed the person in line and though "oh, that looks sort of cool!" but didn't put 2 + 2 together when I saw her also riding in the same car as us. Believe it or not, her hair accessories were so bright they lit up the track and it seemed brighter than a normal ride on Space. I was surprised how long the line took with no FP running.

We did dinner at Cosmic Rays and split a Mickey burger and chili cheese fries. Burger was bland but the fries were good. Not much of a wait. We got the pumpkin milkshakes next door and were pretty disappointed in them after seeing them be well-reviewed online. They were super sweet and had a ton of "air" pumped into them, if that makes sense, so they were really frothy/airy when drinking through that horrid paper straw. We wish we would have shared one because we tossed most of each of ours in the trash. We didn't buy anything else other than a bottle of water.

Pirates was okay--we waited about 20 minutes at 9pm or so. There was a pirate actor in line and a couple pirates bantering on the bridges in the rides. We wanted to ride Haunted Mansion but the line was 30 minutes and moving slow. So we just watched the actress on the lawn for 10 minutes or so--she was hilarious.

Saw the fireworks from the hub--it was a nice show. We weren't blown away (prefer the regular fireworks) but they were entertaining. We saw the 10:45 stage show--this was my favorite thing of the night. We got a good spot just by moving forward after the fireworks. We decided to see the 11:15 parade from closer to the exit to make a quicker getaway afterwards and ended up getting a front row spot near the candy shop entrance. Parade was excellent and it made me sad that there is not a regular nighttime parade in the parks.

My husband and I discussed the party on our way home and decided that for us, it likely wouldn't be worth the money to take our whole family ( we have 3 young kids.) So many of the kids at the party looked miserable (or were sleeping in strollers) after 10pm and I wasn't convinced there was enough extra stuff on top of a regular park day to make the price worth it.

For our trip (an adults only 3 night trip--we had 2 day Universal tickets) it was perfect to squeeze in some Disney time, though.

I can see the appeal. Our local AHL team quarter season tickets, only 12 games, is $285. With the party pass you get 30+ parties for $300, right?

We can still be friends, but only because I already have my MNSSHP tickets for my next party. AND I have my FP booked including 7DMT! Just don't try to claim my parade spot if you're there. >:(

Didn’t do the Halloween party (whatever the 7or 8 initials are) we were leaving MK prior to the party on 9/22 and the crowds seemed ginormous. We did do the Magic Kingdom after dark the Thursday prior and that was totally worth the extra ticket. Minimal crowds, rode each thrill ride 3x in a row the lesser rides once and soft drinks, ice cream novelties and popcorn all included.

oh no...I am taking my best friend for his first-ever trip, and we are doing the party on 09/29. Sounds like it's gonna be busy!
Luckily he has already said he doesn't want to do a lot of meet and greets. I was hoping we would get to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train as I wasn't able to get FPs for our MK day later that week.

This is exactly what I want to do! I love watching the parade in Frontierland and planned on cutting through the bypass to Adventureland but wasnt sure what we would be walking into at that point in the hub! Can you give more details on the route you took into the hub and how bad the crowds were? I would like to cross Main St and view near Plaza so we are on the Tomorrowland side after the show but I don't know if the parade will already be there by the time we are!
We were on the waterfront side, so as soon as the cast members dropped the rope, we crossed over and went through the restroom cut through between the Shootin Arcade and the Diamond Horseshoe. This brought us out into Adventureland and we crossed the bridge and moved very quickly to the hub. We kept to the left and took advantage of every opportunity to advance toward the partners statue. We ended up much closer than I thought we could get, maybe 20 rows back from the castle/stage almost dead center. I would think you could take the same shortcut through, but just follow the path by Crystal Palace to get to Main Street. This was a sold out party and it was crammed packed with people. My husband with severe anxiety and claustrophobia could not function and had to leave right after the parade. My daughter and I stayed and were able to maneuver pretty easily to where we wanted to go. Being alert and agile can get you where you want to go (most of the time!)

To respond to a few PPs (forgot to quote):

You use the Lyft app to request a Minnie Van. I used the Minnie Van to get to and from the first party. The Minnie Van has its own bus slot. When you use the Lyft app, you have to remember to keep swiping so that you see all of the possible vehicle options. You might have to swipe twice before you see Minnie Van. You use the app when you are ready to be picked up; you do not request it in advance. Exception: if you need the handicapped accessible Minnie Van, I believe you request that by making a phone call.

Regarding quick service dinner during the MNSSHP: Pecos Bill has been crowded and very slow. I have read that it's slow even if you use mobile order. I don't know if Columbia Harbour House is faster, but during the first party it closed at 8:00. Cosmic Ray's is another option, although it might be crowded because the Descendants Dance Party is in there.

Regarding party food: remember that some of it is available during non-party hours. I believe the cupcake at Starbucks is one example.

oh no...I am taking my best friend for his first-ever trip, and we are doing the party on 09/29. Sounds like it's gonna be busy!
Luckily he has already said he doesn't want to do a lot of meet and greets. I was hoping we would get to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train as I wasn't able to get FPs for our MK day later that week.
Grab your fast passes. Get in at 3:45 (we did Buzz around 3:55 (fp 3:20-4:20), went over to Jungle cruise around 4:20 (fp 4:25-5:25) or so, then hit Pirates (walk on) and Big Thunder (fp at 5:30) then walk in (2 or 3 minute wait) HM. Headed straight over to SDMT with maybe a 35 minute wait at around 6:25. (ToT Gaston) After that we just did whatever we wanted, like ate dinner (Harbor House)., face timed the grands, bought a few souvenirs before hitting some trick or treat lines. Walked up to a great spot for the parade (actually pretty good), fantastic for the fireworks and Hocus Pocus. Headed to the front for the Sorcerer's card at the firehouse and ended up watching the 2nd parade with no one in front from the firehouse area, then split.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter