"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you planning to attend the party with your daughter too? What a great send off! It will help her build excitement as she begins the adventure of a lifetime - and before she starts the reality of the life of a CM. That will give her some nice memories for her to hold onto if she starts missing you during her DCP.

If you are sure you will be going I would go ahead and buy tickets ahead of time. That would allow you to book FP ahead of the party for that afternoon since you won’t have your APs activated yet.

Yes, my daughter is going with us for those exact reasons! Thanks for the feedback. My daughter won't have an AP since she will be waiting for Traditions to get her cast member entry. We probably won't do fast passes since she won't be able to get any but that's okay with us. We want to get in line to see the Hi-Ho's early (what she called dwarfs since a toddler ❤)

Yes, my daughter is going with us for those exact reasons! Thanks for the feedback. My daughter won't have an AP since she will be waiting for Traditions to get her cast member entry. We probably won't do fast passes since she won't be able to get any but that's okay with us. We want to get in line to see the Hi-Ho's early (what she called dwarfs since a toddler ❤)
Her party ticket will allow her to make FP (unless they change something this year)

Jack of Jack & Sally? Sometime after the first party last year, Jack and Sally were moved inside. I don't know if they will be inside or outside this year.

I didn't even notice any fog or an "official start." I was definitely in the park already. If that is a potential trigger, could you plan to be inside a building when that happens? I think a party ticket allows you to get in several hours before the official start time.
Yes Jack Skellington. DS5 loves the movie Nightmare Before Christmas, he was even dressed as Jack(2 Halloweens in a row), and we went in early before the start of the party and saw the line. So we walked him over to just take a peak and see if he would want to see him and for whatever reason he started to get upset and say he was scared. He was 4 last year. So DH said he would walk him to the front and see if he'd calm down. While walking out by the main gate the bells started to ring and then fog started flowing out from the train station and I guess he super freaked out when that happened. He then apparently proceeded to cry all the way out to the car.

How long do the Tiki Room and Philharmagic stay open during the day? I want to hit those before they close for the party. Also any news if Space Mountain will be dark again this year? I would love to catch it.

Her party ticket will allow her to make FP (unless they change something this year)

that's great! I haven't been to a party since 2005 and just guessed since she didn't have a regular ticket we wouldn't be able to get fast passes for 4-6.

What attractions will have overlays? Do the overlays appear before 7:00?
From another website-The other rumor is that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in Frontierland, plus the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover and the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor in Tomorrowland will receive party overlays.
Last year they started at 7 when the party started. Last year the overlays were space mountain, the tea cups, and Pirates.

I’m so excited. This year will be my first party solo, been multiple times before but always with someone, and at first I couldn’t decide on whether to dress up or just get a T-shirt. Well I was in the Disney Store yesterday and seen a Pizza Planet shirt and decided that I’m going to go as a Pizza Planet employee. I bought the shirt and then went into Hot Topic and they just happened to have 1 Pizza Planet hat. I have a pizza slice box from a T-shirt I bought last month but I think I will make a Pizza Planet box. Quick and easy and I won’t sweat to death, lol. I was having a hard time coming up with a costume that I could do solo. :-)

BCCCC5CC-4205-453F-9B34-0A27C37BD604.jpeg
CE7C84EA-0E96-4449-B95E-D41226A8CFAD.jpeg

From another website-The other rumor is that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in Frontierland, plus the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover and the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor in Tomorrowland will receive party overlays.
Last year they started at 7 when the party started. Last year the overlays were space mountain, the tea cups, and Pirates.
So are they getting rid of last years overlays? I was really hoping to ride Space in the dark!!

So are they getting rid of last years overlays? I was really hoping to ride Space in the dark!!

There hasn't been any news on it other than rumors, so who's to say. We should know the closer it gets. Even though the general consensus was blah about the Space Mountain overlay, I loved it. There's potential for so much more but I still thought it was great.

And to piggy back this topic, hasn't Monsters Inc Laugh been a trick or treat area instead of an attraction during the party?

There hasn't been any news on it other than rumors, so who's to say. We should know the closer it gets. Even though the general consensus was blah about the Space Mountain overlay, I loved it. There's potential for so much more but I still thought it was great.

And to piggy back this topic, hasn't Monsters Inc Laugh been a trick or treat area instead of an attraction during the party?

Yes Monsters Inc has been a treat area. Maybe they will do an overlay to make it more Halloween like. Who knows at this point.

that's great! I haven't been to a party since 2005 and just guessed since she didn't have a regular ticket we wouldn't be able to get fast passes for 4-6.

Yup, me and DD are only doing AK and the party and heard that you can make FP with the party ticket. The suggestion I read was to make them 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 to squeeze them in before the party knowing that you can get into the park at 4 pm.

I did DCP in 95 and my parents ditched me on drop off day to go to a timeshare presentation (I think it was at Vistana Resort...) and get a 'free' MGM Studios ticket :confused3 I still remember that :laughing: so your plan is really thoughtful.

Hope your DD enjoys her DCP!

I’m so excited. This year will be my first party solo, been multiple times before but always with someone, and at first I couldn’t decide on whether to dress up or just get a T-shirt. Well I was in the Disney Store yesterday and seen a Pizza Planet shirt and decided that I’m going to go as a Pizza Planet employee. I bought the shirt and then went into Hot Topic and they just happened to have 1 Pizza Planet hat. I have a pizza slice box from a T-shirt I bought last month but I think I will make a Pizza Planet box. Quick and easy and I won’t sweat to death, lol. I was having a hard time coming up with a costume that I could do solo. :-)

This is a fantastic costume! I love it! You could hide candy in the pizza box😁

Yup, me and DD are only doing AK and the party and heard that you can make FP with the party ticket. The suggestion I read was to make them 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 to squeeze them in before the party knowing that you can get into the park at 4 pm.

I did DCP in 95 and my parents ditched me on drop off day to go to a timeshare presentation (I think it was at Vistana Resort...) and get a 'free' MGM Studios ticket :confused3 I still remember that :laughing: so your plan is really thoughtful.

Hope your DD enjoys her DCP!

Great plan! Thank you for the compliment! She is very excited to do this as our send off. We are staying a couple extra days so we may or may not see her again after we drop her off but we'll still get to play while she's "working"

How long do the Tiki Room and Philharmagic stay open during the day? I want to hit those before they close for the party. Also any news if Space Mountain will be dark again this year? I would love to catch it.

I believe the Enchanted Tiki Room and Mickey's PhilharMagic closes at 5:30pm or 6pm?, then reopens for the party.

Last year Moana met in the Tiki Room at 5:45pm. Note she signed autographs and Photopass was available.

Mickey's PhilharMagic became a Trick or Treat location. Note it's indoors, there were two stations for treats, the building is air conditioned and you could sit down, relax or cool off while watching cartoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter