OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread - FREE DINING No Longer Available. First Post Updated with Details

Not sure if anyone has already said this but it looks like both other discounts that they currently have (besides passholder and military) you can only book through today. I am hoping that mean new ones will be released tomorrow.

Not sure if anyone has already said this but it looks like both other discounts that they currently have (besides passholder and military) you can only book through today. I am hoping that mean new ones will be released tomorrow.

I went to look at the website and everything is wonky both on my phone and the computer. Hopefully that means they are working on something. I was trying to price some different resorts out and everything is showing not available. No matter what dates or resorts I am looking at.

what time does disney update their offers? I know it’s est but want to be online when they possibly will update.
There is no set time. You will want to check often. Many people stay up all night when they anticipate new offers being dropped. When I’m waiting to book free dining I set my alarm every 30 mins from 4AM onwards.
So I take it this means that child credits have to be used for kids meals? It doesn’t really specify how child credits need to be used
Yes. In the past all QS credits were pooled so they could be used for either adult or kids meals. Now the children’s credits will have to be used to purchase a child’s meal.
I’m confident we’ll see new offers tomorrow, just not sure if they will include Free Dining.

what time does disney update their offers? I know it’s est but want to be online when they possibly will update.
Sometime In the wee hours of the morning. Occasionally you can see the offer, but it’s not really fully loaded, so you can’t actually book it Immediately.

It sure will be hard to sleep tonight with the anticipation of drops tomorrow, lol. I would love if the FD offer is the same as the BB FD offer was since we check in on 5/29. Here’s to hoping! But if not, I’ll happily take a room discount, too. Anything helps 😁

So odd! I went on the WDW website to price different options for our trip just in case full FD drops tomorrow, probably not, but oh well. We want to go the week before Thanksgiving then into Thanksgiving week. We have done this several times before with FD and it is an awesome time to go. I tried pricing out several resorts. All day unavailable for the dates needed. I tried 10 different resorts. All the same. You k ow they are not all booked. Could this have anything to do with FD dropping??

So odd! I went on the WDW website to price different options for our trip just in case full FD drops tomorrow, probably not, but oh well. We want to go the week before Thanksgiving then into Thanksgiving week. We have done this several times before with FD and it is an awesome time to go. I tried pricing out several resorts. All day unavailable for the dates needed. I tried 10 different resorts. All the same. You k ow they are not all booked. Could this have anything to do with FD dropping??
Yes. I believe something is dropping.

Yeah. I know the site is usually a mess. But I was trying to get signed in and on the offers page just in case and it was lagging way more than it has been.

Since the current offers expire today we’re pretty confident something new will drop tomorrow. What that will be none of us actually knows.

Yes, rooms being taken out of inventory right now is not uncommon but it’s no indication of what new offer(s) will be coming.

I just came here to say the that the website is acting EXTRA wonky and that probably means something is coming but you all beat me to it!

I’m an early riser and have booked FD before 6am, so I’m hoping for the same tomorrow. Thank goodness I’m off an extra day for the holiday!

I just came here to say the that the website is acting EXTRA wonky and that probably means something is coming but you all beat me to it!

I’m an early riser and have booked FD before 6am, so I’m hoping for the same tomorrow. Thank goodness I’m off an extra day for the holiday!
Yep. Disney probably took their rooms out of inventory today to raise the rack rates in anticipation of tomorrow. :rotfl:

Has anyone called in? I am wondering if agents have access to pricing. I currently booked bounceback at Pop but have no desire to stay there and even with free dining, our bill is currently $9200! That only includes 4 days of passes and they need to be upgraded still. Even with free dining, the price seems insane to me.

Has anyone called in? I am wondering if agents have access to pricing. I currently booked bounceback at Pop but have no desire to stay there and even with free dining, our bill is currently $9200! That only includes 4 days of passes and they need to be upgraded still. Even with free dining, the price seems insane to me.
What are your dates? How many people and what room category have you booked?

No way. That’s insane. I have booked 10 days at Pop, 7 days of passes plus park hopper for half of what you are paying

We arrive August 10, staying for 10 nights with 6 people. We booked Pop with 2 rooms. Traveling for daughters 16th bday with best friend. I priced the trip 3 years ago for my older daughter. She wanted to bring 3 friends, we were staying at a moderate resort with 2 rooms and our price was only $7700. Free dining and tickets were included in the price. Crazy how much the prices have gone up. I would just like to switch to POR.

We arrive August 10, staying for 10 nights with 6 people. We booked Pop with 2 rooms. Traveling for daughters 16th bday with best friend. I priced the trip 3 years ago for my older daughter. She wanted to bring 3 friends, we were staying at a moderate resort with 2 rooms and our price was only $7700. Free dining and tickets were included in the price. Crazy how much the prices have gone up. I would just like to switch to POR.

Did you upgrade everyone to Table Service as well? That will increase your price.

If you’re looking to upgrade to POR, that will likely tack on an additional $2000, if you need two rooms for ten days. I’m wondering if POR will be excluded in fd as well.

No way. That’s insane. I have booked 10 days at Pop, 7 days of passes plus park hopper for half of what you are paying
I agree that the price is insane. And we just stayed at Pop. The rooms are nice enough but we like to relax at the resort and there is really nothing to do there.

Did you upgrade everyone to Table Service as well? That will increase your price.

If you’re looking to upgrade to POR, that will likely tack on an additional $2000, if you need two rooms for ten days. I’m wondering if POR will be excluded in fd as well.
I did upgrade everyone to the regular dining plan. I believe, if my calculations are correct, that it added $1320 to our total package price. The kids want to go to Hoop De Doo which is about $400 for our party. I don't know. Maybe I should reconsider upgrading the dining plan and figuring what we would spend on a few special meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter