Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Where were Donald, Daisy, and Pluto? I thought they were only in the cavalcades. Daisy is my favorite.
Where were Donald, Daisy, and Pluto? I thought they were only in the cavalcades. Daisy is my favorite.
They were at the end of Main Street at the train. Not sure if they went there after the last cavalcade, but they were there at the end of the party. We got to the end of Main Street between 12:35-12:40, they were all there. We stayed for a few minutes and took some selfies, then left.

@MinnieMSue
Always subject to change...but. Orlando TSA on 8/21 was just take out liquids/pastes/gels and any electronic device larger than a phone, and shoes off. Other times we've visited required food removed from bags...so I've taken to putting any carry on food into a clear gallon Ziploc bag just in case I need to remove it quickly.

Here’s my report for the boo bash tonight. I got to magic kingdom right around 6:45 and the crowds were insane. Luckily it was a pretty quick process and I was in by 7:02. Since there were boo bash guests and regular guests for the first 2 hours I’m not going to count anything I got done in the first 2 hours. Also from 9-10:30 the crowds did seem really large and ride lines were still long. I got in line for snacks and it was pretty long but moved quickly. Trick or treating was successful for me as well. They actually filled up more than the bag they gave and would have happily given me more but I thought I had plenty. So here’s a breakdown of what I accomplished from 9:30-12:30:

buzz
Winnie the pooh
Dumbo
Big thunder railroad
Splash mountain
Space mountain x2
7dmt x3

I watched 3 cavalcades, got 3 diet Coke’s , an ice cream bar, ice cream sandwich, and popcorn. In the beginning I felt like it wasn’t really worth the money but by the end of the night I was really happy with the outcome.
Wow 7dmt three times! What was the wait time for it?

Looks like we are going to need to try to get a single boo bash ticket for 9/10. We don’t have park tickets that day, just party tickets. Does anyone know if we are able to try to purchase a boo ticket day of (if they happen to have extra) outside of the park or only inside?

Anyone flown home with their candy haul in carryon this year? I know in past years, I have seen reports that they have inspected every piece of candy at security and don’t want to do that. Not sure about melting in checked luggage. Just don’t want to be that person who ties up security. Would rather give the candy away instead (shhh don’t tell my daughter that lol)
I wonder if that might be why the gummy lifesavers are missing this year.

Looks like we are going to need to try to get a single boo bash ticket for 9/10. We don’t have park tickets that day, just party tickets. Does anyone know if we are able to try to purchase a boo ticket day of (if they happen to have extra) outside of the park or only inside?

Someone posted the other day that they got theirs at guest relations outside of the park. Good luck!!

We haven't received any free tickets for the 8/24 Boo Bash we intended or a push notification that we would be getting free tickets. Why do some get that and others do not? Do I need to complain to get that?

We haven't received any free tickets for the 8/24 Boo Bash we intended or a push notification that we would be getting free tickets. Why do some get that and others do not? Do I need to complain to get that?

Did you call guest services or attend a guest services office and ask about refunds or replacement tickets?

FWIW, I did notice that although our Boo Bash tickets had disappeared from my MDE account by the day after the event (which was expected, since they'd been used), a new set of "8/24 Boo Bash" tickets, with an expiration date of 8/24/2022, appeared in MDE a couple of days later.

I called Guest Services today to ask what the "new" Boo Bash tickets that popped up in MDE were, and was told that: (1) the 8/24/2022 Boo Bash tickets now showing in my MDE are not tickets per se (and thus can't be used to make a park reservation), but are a "placeholder" for the promised 1-day park ticket that the push message (which I didn't get, either!) referred to; and (2) Disney is still in the process of figuring out how to convert those placeholders into 1-day tickets, and once they have, guests should be able to use them to make a park reservation. (The CM said they'd be converted to 1-day parkhoppers, although I believe the push message - which I've seen posted elsewhere - referred to 1-day non-hopper tickets, so who knows which is true.)

We had already accepted alternative compensation from WDW (not a refund, though) for our Boo Bash experience, directly from Guest Services, so I also asked the CM if there had been a mistake in our receiving an extra one-day park ticket entitlement. He said no, that the 1-day ticket entitlements were assigned automatically to everyone who attended on 8/24, and were intended for our use in addition to anything else we might have received. So if you don't see the "placeholder tickets-that-aren't-really-tickets-yet" added to your MDE account, do call and inquire, because they should have been. And if you won't be able to make good use of a 1-day ticket or want other or further compensation (up to an including a full refund, which was one of the options they were giving guests immediately after), don't be afraid to ask - the sooner, the better.

Obviously, take what the CM told me with a grain of salt -- CMs on the phone aren't always 100% correct -- but it's the best information I have. If the "automatic conversion" of the comp ticket doesn't happen in the next few weeks on MDE, I'll be calling back to inquire about the status.

Last edited:
Went to boo bash last night…thought it was great, loved the short lines, and treats. Crowded in frontierland around cavalcade times, but nowhere near as crowded as some of the MNSSHP and christmas parties I’ve been to. But if you are trying to avoid ALL crowds, you might not be happy.
Drove over, parked in preferred ($45) @ 6 pm, waited 20 minutes in truck because I felt like we were a little early. Walked onto ferry at 6:30, no wait, lots of room.
Had to wait in big crowd from about 6:45 - 7:00 when we’re able to get in.
Entered, took some pictures near decorations.
Did People Mover, COP, Buzz, Space.
Watched HEA from entrance of tomorrowland (no fireworks :sad2:).
Speedway.
Boo Bash officially starts - get first Mickey bar!
Candy stop.
Found a spot to watch 10:20 Cadaver Dans and three cavalcades (Did not watch malificent) Sent some of us for popcorn and drinks.
Candy stops, Big Thunder, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, candy, Peter Pan, candy, more candy lol, ended with Mine train.
Left right at 12:30, walked from back of castle right onto the Ferry and were back in our truck by 1:00 with very tired littles :-)
I think that’s it lol
We did have PM, Peter Pan and Buzz stop on us, which is a pain.
I think it was worth it, just know there will be crowded areas if that concerns you.
We did have to walk through the regular lines, not FP ones (like Peter and mine train), which I thought was interesting…I’ve never walked the the standby line for mine train!

I did Boo Bash last night solo and had a really great time, I did go to MK in the morning and can say that it was less crowded in the park then than during the event so that was a little odd. That being said, ride wait times were still low to non-existent, and lines for treats and candy were only bad right at the beginning of the event.
I am staying at Poly so headed over on the boat around 6:30, and waiting in the crowd of people until 7 to get in. I had an early lunch so headed to Pecos Bill for dinner, then jumped on BTMRR with no wait. I then headed over and road the speedway, walked on Buzz, walked on Space, and then went on People Mover and promptly got stuck around 9 😒. When I got off people mover they were already starting handing out treats so I grabbed a water and headed on to Space again with no wait.
After this my night went something like: Candy stop, snack stop, Buzz, candy stop, candy stop, Splash, BTMRR x3, candy stop, candy stop, snack stop, 7DMT (15 min wait), candy stop, candy stop, Buzz, People mover, candy stop and sat in monsters inc. for the “show” and a/c, watched cavalcades in front of the castle, walked through the emporium on my way out to see if I needed to spend more money, and then exited at 12:30. I caught a boat back to Poly and was dead asleep by 1:30.

I will say, I would have done more rides but when I got on the boat to head over from Poly for the event my left knee made a crunching sound and I had a sharp stabbing pain. That went on every time I sat down and stood up all night, which meant getting on and off rides wasn’t fun. I just walked slowly and enjoyed myself, and I now have a lot of candy (especially after one of the CMs at the first Monsters Inc stops gave me two giant handfuls she had scooped up, it was a Halloween miracle 👻)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter