Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

I am so excited! Thanks to everyone for their posts so we can manage our expectations on crowds... and so we can live vicariously through you until October!

I'm taking mom & me Boo Bash trips - so I decided to buy dessert party tickets (pre-party) in the wee hours of this morning... so we can avoid some of the crowds of waiting for a fireworks spot. A big splurge for us, but since we aren't going to the park that day, I did a little Disney math to justify it. My dad (who gave me my love of all things Disney... he carved me a rocking carousel horse with the romance side being little mermaid and flounder is squarely on the back of the saddle) passed away this summer, and I just want this trip to be easy and happy - and celebrate him a little. So splurge we will - and refuse to think about it.

I've been reading all these posts - anyone have a summary on the area to go for the least crowds after the fireworks... adventureland? We don't have to do all the rides... just. a few of our favorites we will do later when the day crowds move out.

Thanks again for all of the info - keep it coming!!

Boo Bash was the only Disney Parks component of our trip, except for Blizzard Beach (which doesn't have Photopass photographers at the moment).

We didn't make pictures a main focus of the night, and we still managed 28 photos. Would have had more but NONE of our ride pics showed up even after messaging Photopass to ask for assistance.

Here are some of the PP pics we got over the course of the evening. We waited less than 5 minutes for each photo opportunity (we skipped any with long lines).

A few more are in the next post.

View attachment 605386

View attachment 605402

Thank you so much!! These look amazing!

Thank you so much!! These look amazing!

There were A LOT more Photopass opportunities as well, so if maximizing your One Day Memory Maker is a priority, you could absolutely get many more pictures than we did. We were more focused on rides, character sightings, trick or treating, and the other event offerings, so we literally just hopped in a PP line if there were only one or two other families ahead of us. I just wanted to make sure we had photo proof of my husband rocking a full head of hair for the first time in 20 years! LOL

Hi all! We were at boo bash last night and had a phenomenal time!

it was myself, husband and three kiddos (12, 10, and 7)

Our priorities were to see fireworks (they weren’t doing them when we were here in May) and to ride as many rides as we could.

We hit a snafu with traveling from Wilderness Lodge to MK (boats just stopped running) so we ended up taking a Uber to the contemporary and walking over. We arrived a few minutes after 7 and breezed right on in.

I will say there was a really large crowd at guest relations outside the park when we walked in. No idea what for though.

We had planned on doing things before fireworks but when we walked down Main Street at 7:15 it was already getting crowded so we found a good spot and had a seat.

It was hard not to feel like we weren’t wasting time just sitting there but my husband kept reminding me this was a priority for us.

So glad we stayed because the view was great and I cried. Really glad we had one more chance to see the show.

After Fireworks we headed straight for Small World (it’s our family tradition to ride it first) and to wait for it to clear out.

Here’s everything we did:
Small world
Drinks - no line
Friars nook mobile order - trick or treat while waiting)
Ariel tot
Barnstormer
Tot
Space
Tot
7DMT 15 minute wait
Ice cream
Big thunder
Popcorn & drinks
Cavalcade (tot while waiting)
Pirates
Cavalcade villains
Haunted mansion posted 25 actual 15 including stretching room
Splash (one last tot for 7 & hubs)
Walked out of the park at 12:28

Everything but 7DMT and HM were actual walk ons. We only did 7DMT because a friend was there and wanted us to ride with her kids as she gets motion sickness.

I wish we had skipped HM as it meant we missed Malificent’s Dragon but oh well.

We got a good deal on a two night DVC at WL and so literally only came down for the party. We spent the rest of the time at the pool and brunch at Topolino’s.

We were just down in May for six nights over Memorial Day weekend. We’ve never been to Disney twice in one year.

So was it worth it? Yes. Absolutely. Compared to the lines we saw in May, these were an absolute breeze. Compared to the crowd levels of a previous Halloween party, the crowd was so much less.

However, there were still people everywhere. It’s just that not everyone was riding rides. There was enough to do to spread everyone out.The two cavalcades we did see, we walked right up and got great spots. We never stood in line for candy or treats or drinks.

HOWEVER, because there are still a lot of people at the event, even in the middle of the party, I thought to myself, five minutes could make or break your experience. For instance, we got into 7DMT right after it was reopened. If we had to wait in the line while it was not running and then asked to leave, our experience would have been totally different.

Still, it was super fun and I am so glad we did it and hoping we can make a similar trip happen for Christmas too.
Fantastic report!!!
May I ask where you watched the cavalcades?

I am sure I have missed this somewhere in the thread but I could not find it specifically. If you have park hoppers, I know you wouldn't have to wait until 7:00 p.m. exactly to get in. But what about coming in in costume? If you wanted to arrive (using hoppers to get in, but still have Boo Bash tickets for later) can you come in dressed up at say 6:00 or do you need to wait until 7:00 since in costume?
We saw folks in costume mid afternoon last Friday.

I know the Enchanted Tiki Room turns into a treat location but what time is the last show before it closes? Looking on WDW it say's 8:30pm for tonight 9/17 BB event. Again, never been to AHE.

Thank you!

Does anyone know if they are doing the Tangled photo shot, where you hold an actual lantern, during Boo Bash?

Interesting. I had to cancel my trip; I called today to have my unused Boo Bash tickets towards day tickets. After holding for quite a while, I was told "no, you cannot use special event tickets towards anything else but special ticketed events." Asked again and I was put on a long hold for the ticket services escalation team. Told that I cannot use the credit for day tickets or annual passes. I really hate how this is applied differently...
I'm so sorry, Disney should have done a little magic for you and not left you feeling like they don't care.
The policy on no refunds is burning people, making it so they're leery of committing to buying anything like this again further out than a week or so before a trip (which by then is sold out, but not if disney keeps this behavior going).

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you get tickets for tomorrow's Boo Bash at TTC/Magic Kingdom or Disney Springs?

I'm so sorry, Disney should have done a little magic for you and not left you feeling like they don't care.
The policy on no refunds is burning people, making it so they're leery of committing to buying anything like this again further out than a week or so before a trip (which by then is sold out, but not if disney keeps this behavior going).
Why tho? The page says no refunds so I think that they are even letting it be applied to another special event is above what they have to do. Imo if it states before you purchase that the tickets are non refundable and non transferable then anything they do for you is above what they had to do.

Why tho? The page says no refunds so I think that they are even letting it be applied to another special event is above what they have to do. Imo if it states before you purchase that the tickets are non refundable and non transferable then anything they do for you is above what they had to do.
Why what?
It's called good customer service. Disney has lost that touch.

Why what?
Disney is a corporation watching the bottom line. They will continue this until they start losing money and customers. For some reason, they keep packing them in, so be prepared to be disappointed and watch your money fly away.
I’m local, go monthly, and have seen the decline in service wither away. It’s sad.

Why what?
So that means they have to go ahead and give you your money back even tho you know going in that it’s supposed to be non refundable? I can see expecting $ back when most of the rides are down. But when you choose not to go, that’s not on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter