Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

So that means they have to go ahead and give you your money back even tho you know going in that it’s supposed to be non refundable? I can see expecting $ back when most of the rides are down. But when you choose not to go, that’s not on them.
That's not what I said. I never said to refund the money. I said "magic touch", very different concept.

Good customer service means not making your customer feel like they've wasted their time attempting to talk with you. It means give and take, show appreciation. Disney used to be king at this game.

Other companies used to hire former Disney cast members as employees in their field over similarly qualified candidates simply because they had been trained "the Disney way". That is no longer the case.

Last edited:
Interesting. I had to cancel my trip; I called today to have my unused Boo Bash tickets towards day tickets. After holding for quite a while, I was told "no, you cannot use special event tickets towards anything else but special ticketed events." Asked again and I was put on a long hold for the ticket services escalation team. Told that I cannot use the credit for day tickets or annual passes. I really hate how this is applied differently...

Called again the following day and I had a completely different experience:

Me: "I need to cancel my boo bash tickets, I would like to apply them towards day tickets"
CM: "sure thing, let me run some numbers quickly and see what that will look like for you."

Me: "Or, what about just applying my current day tickets and the boo bash towards season passes?"
CM: "Sure, we can definitely do that!"

10 minutes later, everything is applied and my family and I have season passes.

Did Boo Bash on Tuesday and had a amazing time

Took my brother, his wife and 3 year old son. Arrived at 7:30 pm. Did Pirates and Tiki room and Splash no wait. Was able to time BTMR with the finale of the fire works was amazing.

9pm party started had no waits for snacks at any stand got around 12 waters 3 cokes 10 ice cream items and 2 popcorns. we could have gotten more since every line we saw was empty. Candy lines moved fast expect for Tiki room, it was so slow all night, thinking they wanted people not to rush in and possibly damage the room. All rides were walk on all night expect 7dmt had 10 -15 min wait all night. cavalcades were great was able to see them while waiting in the castle area just arriving 10 minutes before start time. Photo lines were long, but when the cavalcades came the line would empty and I would jump in, so minium wait.

Nephew had a great time did every rollercoaster multiple times and stayed up till midnight.

Final note we bought a lightup mickey pumpkin trick or treat bag. At our 4th candy station we noticed it wasnt on the stroller and thought someone stole it, Nephew was sad, so we went to guest relations at midnight. Brother asked if someone brought in the bag and said it was half filled with candy and had 2 park maps in it. Person went in back and came out with the bag and said someone turned it in :) . So overall we had a amazing time at Boo Bash.

Called again the following day and I had a completely different experience:

Me: "I need to cancel my boo bash tickets, I would like to apply them towards day tickets"
CM: "sure thing, let me run some numbers quickly and see what that will look like for you."

Me: "Or, what about just applying my current day tickets and the boo bash towards season passes?"
CM: "Sure, we can definitely do that!"

10 minutes later, everything is applied and my family and I have season passes.

@DisWeaver = call back!

Did Boo Bash on Friday 9/10, but did not go very well with all of the technical difficulties. I think 5-6 rides ended up out of service, including Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Mine Train. My party was on the People Mover ride when it broke down, had wait 20 minutes to be personally evacuated by cast members. All in all, was a terrible experience at Boo Bash. Fortunately however, Disney did refund my money (6 tickets, $800+)

Fantastic report!!!
May I ask where you watched the cavalcades?
Sure! We watched Mickey’s from right next to Splash. I saved a spot while hubs & kids did ToT. The second we got right off of Pirates and went through that tunnel and walked right up to the Villans one.

Attachments

• 130AE979-6F6E-4497-AFFE-8DAC50FF3AE2.jpeg
    130AE979-6F6E-4497-AFFE-8DAC50FF3AE2.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 15
That's not what I said. I never said to refund the money. I said "magic touch", very different concept.

Good customer service means not making your customer feel like they've wasted their time attempting to talk with you. It means give and take, show appreciation. Disney used to be king at this game.

Other companies used to hire former Disney cast members as employees in their field over similarly qualified candidates simply because they had been trained "the Disney way". That is no longer the case.
And that same magic touch is what led us to the point where girls purposely wear tops with too much showing knowing that they’ll get a free shirt out of it. Or people complain about something ridiculous hoping the poor cm will give them extra fp. And then ppl complain about those ppl taking advantage of It. Bottom line is they don’t HAVE to give anyone anything even letting you apply it to another special event ticket is above what they are required to do.

Did you notice whether they had sign up indicating that tix were available?
We were at Disney that weekend and tried to get tickets for that Sunday night (Sept. 12). We tried at MK ticket booth on Saturday night and they said they had no extra tickets. We then tried again at Epcot on Sunday (in case it needed to be "day of" to purchase tickets when listed as "sold out" online). Guest Services at Epcot called Guest Services at MK and they were told there were NO tickets being sold because it was a "hard sell out". Guest Services at Epcot told us that meant it was completely to capacity. So, it makes sense that Sunday seemed extra crowded - it apparently was!

Hi all, I was at Boo Bash on 9/17. While this was my first hard ticket event and I have nothing to compare it to, I consider it to have been a great success.

The crowd level seemed totally manageable, and wait times were low.

Here’s everything we were able to accomplish, having entered the park right when the gates opened at 7:

-Spent about 15 minutes looking for a prime firework spot, but abandoned that plan pretty quickly, as the best spots were filled
-Peoplemover, waited about 10 minutes because of some sort of guest throwing a tantrum.
-Buzz Lightyear: 10 minutes into a 15 minute posted wait time, the ride went down and we were kicked out of line
-HM: Walk on
-Splash Mountain: Glanced at the fireworks on the walk over, and then walked right on the ride. Fireworks were over by the time we got off
-Splash Mountain trick or treat
-Got an Apple Ginger Dale at Golden Oak Outpost
-Tortuga Tavern/Pecos Bill trick or treat, whichever it was
-PoC: walked on (spotted pirate Goofy where Jack Sparrow usually is)
-Jungle Cruise: posted 10 minutes, waited 5
-Swiss Family Robinson Tree House: No other guests in sight
-Popcorn/water from snack cart by JC
-Tiki Room trick or treat
-Mickey bar/Water by Adventureland entrance
-Villains cavalcade
-Buzz Lightyear: walked on
-Laugh Floor trick or treat
-Peoplemover: walked on
-Astro Orbiter: walked on
-Ariel: walked on
-Got a five dozen eggs shake from Storybook Treats
-Water/popcorn from snack cart by Pinocchio
-Pinocchio trick or treat (saw the Pin characters overhead on the balcony)
-Jack’s cavalcade
-Maleficent’s cavalcade
-Jumped in line for Seven Dwarves Mine Train at 11:55, and waited about 20-25 minutes
-Walked out of the park at 12:20 AM

We watched each cavalcade from right around the castle. The timing seemed to be such that the cavalcades got to the hub about 10 minutes after they started.

-The only downside to the whole night was the line at the Pop! Century bus stop at the end of the night. It was a nightmare, and there were not nearly enough busses being sent. We ended up getting back to our room around 2AM, which made getting up for DHS rope drop a doozy yesterday 😴

Hope you all have as good a time at your respective Bashes!!

We were at Disney that weekend and tried to get tickets for that Sunday night (Sept. 12). We tried at MK ticket booth on Saturday night and they said they had no extra tickets. We then tried again at Epcot on Sunday (in case it needed to be "day of" to purchase tickets when listed as "sold out" online). Guest Services at Epcot called Guest Services at MK and they were told there were NO tickets being sold because it was a "hard sell out". Guest Services at Epcot told us that meant it was completely to capacity. So, it makes sense that Sunday seemed extra crowded - it apparently was!
Ugh…this makes me so nervous. My sister decided to join us at the last minute. 4 of us have tickets and we just need one for her for 10/17. Up to this point it seemed like it should be easy as I’ve only heard success stories. Now I guess I will start fretting again…

Thanks for that info. We were there that night & it was crowded IMO. We had to constantly maneuver around other parties, especially in Tomorrowland & Fantasyland. Candy stations had lines all night & our buses to & from Y & B were full. This was the last party to be listed as sold out online. So I’m wondering if capacity was raised after other parties were sold out online, allowing for some day of sales for those but not this one. Plus I assume anyone who bought tickets to that party just a few weeks ahead weren’t as likely to then cancel/ exchange them. Again, leaving less available for day of resales.

hmmm - I am planning to try and get tickets for tonight’s party. I wonder if Sunday’s are extra busy. We are flying right now and land around 2:30pm Orlando time. Fingers crossed there are still tickets for today!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter