"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would definitely agree they'll look at the sellouts and increase the starting point next year

On the other hand, I get it. Disney is popular. It seems everywhere I go now I see bumper stickers.

I remember when party tickets were in the $36-$40 range. Capacity used to be low with hardly any sell-outs. We could wait until we arrived onsite to buy tickets. Free Dining was amazing. That was mid-2000 recession era.

So these next few years with the economy will be interesting to watch.

Hi, heading back for three nights in a few weeks. The first 2 days will be spent at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. The third day we don't have any park plans but do have tickets for MNSHP, it's a Thursday night.

It's our first time going the MNSHP and we are looking forward to it. The character meet and greets are not our thing so we are focused on the entertainment (parade, fireworks, Hocus Pocus) and rides. I do have a few questions.

I know that we can get in at 4 and the park closes at 6 and then the party starts at 7. Between 6 and 7 they are herding out the non MNSHP guests (That was us a few years ago) During that time are the rides still running? I've checked the Disney app and it doesn't show wait times between 6-7 on party days. If the rides are not operating then is that a good time to get food?

Second, and this is my being ever so hopeful, Do ADR's for Be Our Guest open up at all a day or two prior to the party? That would be a good choice for dinner but so far it hasn't been available. The current plan is to spend the day over at Disney Springs and get a late lunch there and snack our way through MK for the party.

Lastly how is the bus transportation at or near the end of the party? We are staying at the Beach Club and most likely won't make it to midnight.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Yes, rides are running. You will just need to show your party wristband.

2. Keep checking the website, especially the night before. For the party exclusive ADRs, here is the link https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-table-service/

3. Can’t answer for this year, but in the past transportation has been efficient.

Has there been any reports of them selling tickets on sold out dates day of? Other family members weren't quick enough to grab some so figured I'd ask

Do you mind if I ask when you found your spot for fireworks? Just want to know what "too close" is so we can get there in time.
I wasn't this poster, but I was also there Sept. 5 - with about 10-15 mins before the fireworks, we were able to get a very close spot (group of 1 adult and 4 teenagers) where we could see Jack and the illustrations on the castle (if you are walking on the bridge from Liberty Square to the hub, pretty much walk right into us before you got to the center of the hub - there was a vendor set up selling bubble / light up wands - a few feet in front of that). It also put us in a good spot to hustle to either Pirates (our choice) or Haunted Mansion (did right before the Headless Horseman at 9 p.m./parade at 9:15 p.m.) the second the fireworks ended.

It was crowded but not like normal fireworks crowded - had some space around us (even one short teen 4'6" could see it all... just felt a bit miserable because of the extreme heat / humidity last night.

Are all the QS locations open during the party?
:maleficenAre there any Dining Options?
Dining is available at select counter service and snack locations throughout the park, but is very limited once the party begins. It’s probably wise to eat your main evening meal prior to attending the party.

Counter Service Dining Locations Open During Party
Main Street U.S.A.
Main Street Bakery
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
Casey's Corner

Adventureland
Sunshine Tree Terrance

Frontierland
Golden Oak Outpost
Pecos Bills Tall Tale Inn & Café

Liberty Square
Sleepy Hollow

Fantasyland
Cheshire Cafe
The Friar's Nook

Tomorrowland
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café
Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies

Are all the QS locations open during the party?

I don’t think they all are… My plan is to go to Casey’s early on so I know that’s available, But I’m not sure how late. And I saw reports that Pecos was slow so I know that’s available, but again, not sure till when.
I wasn't this poster, but I was also there Sept. 5 - with about 10-15 mins before the fireworks, we were able to get a very close spot (group of 1 adult and 4 teenagers) where we could see Jack and the illustrations on the castle (if you are walking on the bridge from Liberty Square to the hub, pretty much walk right into us before you got to the center of the hub - there was a vendor set up selling bubble / light up wands - a few feet in front of that). It also put us in a good spot to hustle to either Pirates (our choice) or Haunted Mansion (did right before the Headless Horseman at 9 p.m./parade at 9:15 p.m.) the second the fireworks ended.

It was crowded but not like normal fireworks crowded - had some space around us (even one short teen 4'6" could see it all... just felt a bit miserable because of the extreme heat / humidity last night.
thank you!!

I don’t think they all are… My plan is to go to Casey’s early on so I know that’s available, But I’m not sure how late. And I saw reports that Pecos was slow so I know that’s available, but again, not sure till when.

thank you!!
Thank you! Re quick serve. I thought I saw conflicting reports on what’s open and until how late so this is helpful.

We attended MNSSHP last night and also the Tomorrowland Terrace seated dessert party. We did have a reservation at the Crystal Palace for 6:00 pm and decided it was just too hot to eat a heavy meal and would take up too much time especially considering we also had reservations for dessert party so I was able to modify the Crystal Palace for another day, The party was sold out but didn’t seem as crowded as the MNSSHP held prior to Covid where you could barely move. Last night you find space to watch the parade right up to parade time. You could move up and down on the sidewalks along Main Street even during the parade. Regarding the dessert party I have mixed feelings...the desserts didn’t impress me but it was nice to have a seat. But the roof blocked the tops of a lot of the fireworks. The other dessert party where you had desserts and then moved to the area adjacent to The Plaza restaurant would be a much better viewing location. we went to the Columbia Harbor House at 5:30 but it had closed at 5:00 pm. The bakery and ice cream places were open on Main Street. Casey’s was open all evening and so was Cosmic Rays. The TOT lines were long but moved really quickly and were really short and fast during the parades and fireworks. There was a surge of people coming back into Tomorrowland and Fantasy Land immediately following the fireworks but they quickly spread out and then by 11:45 the TOT lines were just walk thru and they were loading up people’s bags. the ride lines were not bad but then they were pretty good all day. Sooo we enjoyed the party and very glad we went. We do have tickets for a second party on the 11th which I bought hours before they sold out that day. I actually bought the tickets for a second night just in case our first party night was rained out. i was told that if tix were not used although there are no refunds you can still apply the value of your unused ticket to another Disney event.

Are there any reports of being let in the gates at 3:45? Every party I've ever been to, we were let in at 3:45.
We got there at 3:45 and no one even started moving until 4 and then barely at all. So feel free to try, obviously the folks who were first in line still got in way before me so it won’t hurt.
It took 45 minutes from letting the party goers in at 4pm for you to get in the park? Ouch, that is not cool.
It was really awful. We were in blazing sun I hadn’t prepared for because I thought the gates would go quickly and it was really confusing about what was happening. And obviously threw off my whole touring plan.
Do you mind if I ask when you found your spot for fireworks? Just want to know what "too close" is so we can get there in time.

We followed basically this same route but were 10mins early. So that extra 5 mins might be the key. Also we had a giant party of 11 so I didn’t really even try to weave into the crowd for viewing, a smaller party might have still had better luck at 10 before.

We followed basically this same route but were 10mins early. So that extra 5 mins might be the key. Also we had a giant party of 11 so I didn’t really even try to weave into the crowd for viewing, a smaller party might have still had better luck at 10 before.

This is helpful, thank you!

Saw this posted on Facebook but hadn’t seen it mentioned here, so thought I’d ask….I know Jungle Cruise is running during the party this year (yea!) but are the jokes Halloween themed? Saw a post where someone reported experiencing Halloween jokes during their party, but wasn’t sure if they got lucky with a fun skipper, or if all skippers were throwing in some themed material? I love the Christmas twist during Jingle Cruise, so this would be awesome if true!!

I know that we can get in at 4 and the park closes at 6 and then the party starts at 7. Between 6 and 7 they are herding out the non MNSHP guests (That was us a few years ago) During that time are the rides still running? I've checked the Disney app and it doesn't show wait times between 6-7 on party days. If the rides are not operating then is that a good time to get food?
Yes, the rides are running from 6-7, and I don't understand why the wait times don't show up on the app. The wait times are posted at each ride. When I went on Monday, I found that the wait times were highest at this time (I arrived at 5:30) and got shorter and shorter later through the night. For us, after 7pm everything that we did was basically a walk-on, including HM, PotC, JC, BTMR, Splash

Yes, the rides are running from 6-7, and I don't understand why the wait times don't show up on the app. The wait times are posted at each ride. When I went on Monday, I found that the wait times were highest at this time (I arrived at 5:30) and got shorter and shorter later through the night. For us, after 7pm everything that we did was basically a walk-on, including HM, PotC, JC, BTMR, Splash
The app won’t post wait times as the park is “technically” closed between 6 and 7. They’ll start back up in the app at 7.

Saw this posted on Facebook but hadn’t seen it mentioned here, so thought I’d ask….I know Jungle Cruise is running during the party this year (yea!) but are the jokes Halloween themed? Saw a post where someone reported experiencing Halloween jokes during their party, but wasn’t sure if they got lucky with a fun skipper, or if all skippers were throwing in some themed material? I love the Christmas twist during Jingle Cruise, so this would be awesome if true!!
Yes! Running and Halloween themed jokes for us. It was walk on at around 7pm.

Has any one Ubered back to another hotel/offsite hotel after the party?

I doubt we will make it to midnight but maybe 11, thinking we will walk to the contemporary and grab an Uber, anyone have experience with this plan?

Has any one Ubered back to another hotel/offsite hotel after the party?

I doubt we will make it to midnight but maybe 11, thinking we will walk to the contemporary and grab an Uber, anyone have experience with this plan?
Is your thought that the buses won't leave MK until they're full? Just curious, we may be in a similar situation. Who knows! Lol. Im hoping for enough to leave after the 1115 parade that it'd be worth it to leave at that time as well.

Is your thought that the buses won't leave MK until they're full? Just curious, we may be in a similar situation. Who knows! Lol. Im hoping for enough to leave after the 1115 parade that it'd be worth it to leave at that time as well.
No we are staying offsite, so there isn’t a bus option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter