"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I post my itinerary on Facebook for this with kiddos! Remember this is going to be a long crowded party so so what you can to make spirits smile and to make a long night fun! I hate this term but as a dad I totally understand this: Pack Your Patience.

Let’s start off with either a light pool day or catching up on some fun Halloween movies in the hotel room before we go with an essential nap time - we then had a good meal at a nearby restaurant do not wear your Halloween attire at the restaurant you are BOUND for accidents to happen!

! Eat before you go ! Do not waste party time sitting down to eat and/or grabbing food during your limited time please make your time for party only and take grab and go snacks remember little ones will be satisfied with snacks along the way!

Ok let’s do this!

EVERYONE knows you can get in at 4 so I would make my way to the magic kingdom around 3/3:30 and take the monorail to the park the line moves extremely quick and the air conditioning was blasting that day!

Wristbands: You enter the park at four and will be handed a wrist band for you and your family ensure that all of your families have these wristbands they give out - it will suck having to verify you have party tickets to cast members who do not see a wrist band later on!

Here you have two branching options!

1. GO MEET JACK AND SALLY - if you need to meet them please go ahead but beware the line is very very long and doesn’t open up until 4:30 I would recommend skipping them with little ones, just my opinion.

2. GO RIDE RIDES! This is the time you go get on some rides if you purchased Genie + during the day you can using it roughly about 3 times if you stacked the come back times during your 4-7 time Peroid! Genie + is essential if you absolutely want to get right in front of the lines! This is your time to get on the rides - I would not recommend them during the party as we want to do party things! Little ones love dumbo, pirates, and haunted mansion my little tyke got to do those three and phillarmagic before the party started!

7 pm it’s party time! GET IN LINE FOR CHARACTERS! We lined up for goofy as soon as it started we waited 20 minutes then we booked it to Minnie Donald and Daisy - another 45 minute wait!

Before the parade let’s go do some trick of treating everyone will be lining up for the parades about an hour to an hour an half so now is the time to get some candy action in YOU CAN DO THE SAME TRICK OR TREAT TRAIL as many times as you want as my little one didn’t want to be confined to his stroller but also can’t walk for extremely long distances yet! So after you load those buckets up with candy go to the parade!

GO TO THE TRAIN STATION at Main Street there is virtually no problem getting a spot and you’ll get to see the full performance by power-line max and you’ll still have an iconic view of mainstreet! I have been going prebaby and have never ever had a problem getting a spot to see the parade! Right when you see the evil queen that means the parade is over HURRY TO GO SEE MICKEY he has essentially no wait and you can still see him before fireworks!

Hurry to the fireworks! The best spot is the where the train tracks meet about 20 feet in front of Casey’s Corner you’ll have a perfect view and little ones will be able to see with some help from you too…if you go too far into the sea of people you’ll have a hard time getting out when your done!

After the fireworks let’s get some more candy! Hurry to more trick or treat trails and/or go see the dance party! My son loved the dance party and got his fill after 15 minutes so we did some more candy trails and went on the little mermaid ride and mad tea party!

You can continue doing rides and/or candy or you can see the parse again but this time you will have absolutely no problem getting a spot virtually anywhere…I recommend if you’re not coming back to Disney for awhile to really get you fill with two parades as Boo to You is an amazing parade!

After the parade grab a special treat at either star bucks or sleepy hallow I recommend the shake at sleepy hallow it was absolutely delicious! Do some light shopping in the emporium as everyone has left after the second parade…finally time to watch the Sanderson sister show at 1200 pm! The last show is pretty much deserted as everyone left after the fireworks and second parade so you’ll have an amazing view wherever you go!

Lastly stop for an iconic photo before you leave with the pumpkin background decor!

+ Eat before hand

+ Do not trick or treat at the beginning everyone does that - it’s all not like.

+ Do rides before the party starts.

+ See the last Sanderson sister show.

+ go to the train station to see the parade

+ ensure you grab a times guide when you walk in so you can make sure you know what times the events are.

+ schedule everything around the parade and fireworks they are essential party must sees.

2. GO RIDE RIDES! This is the time you go get on some rides if you purchased Genie + during the day you can using it roughly about 3 times if you stacked the come back times during your 4-7 time Peroid! Genie + is essential if you absolutely want to get right in front of the lines! This is your time to get on the rides - I would not recommend them during the party as we want to do party things! Little ones love dumbo, pirates, and haunted mansion my little tyke got to do those three and phillarmagic before the party started!
Sorry if this is basic knowledge, but can you purchase and stack Genie+ LLs without a formal park reservation for the day? I never even thought to do this, but it's such a great idea!

We have tickets to MVMCP and I’m trying to gauge what to expect between 4-6 when guests with day reservations are still in the park and when party goers are arriving…
Trying to plan out in my head what is reasonable to do during this time (we will not have genie+ this day)

We have tickets to MVMCP and I’m trying to gauge what to expect between 4-6 when guests with day reservations are still in the park and when party goers are arriving…
Trying to plan out in my head what is reasonable to do during this time (we will not have genie+ this day)
Lines have been really low so far with MNSSHP during that 4-6 window. But, that's the combined effect of limited days crowds on party days, which will still be true for MVMCP, and low crowd times overall, which will be decidedly gone by November and December.

I'd look for mid- to late October MNSSHP reports to be the closest to crowd levels you'll see 4-6pm for MVMCP.

How's the line for the party exclusive merch been? I know first couple parties it was insane.

Can you line up for that at 4pm?
Is Emporium still closing up at midnight and not staying open a little later?

We just got back to the resort and settled. The weather was perfect tonight (I said it would be!). My daughter, who just turned four, fell asleep as soon as we tapped in around 4:15, so we didn't do much until she woke up an hour and a half later. I was glad to let her nap since it meant she might make it to midnight, and this girl of mine is amazing, just go go go until we shut the party down. She passed out on the bus (didn't wait more than a few minutes for a bus at the stop, they really had the busses rolling), and when we were changing her into her PJs she woke up long enough to say she wanted to go back.

No character meets for us. She didn't ask and I wasn't going to push it. We got a spot on Main Street around 8:30 for the first parade, then it was all rides for us after that. She is finally tall enough for Splash, and that was special for me as this is the only time she will probably ever ride it. We won't be back till next August and I'm sure it will be closed by then. We're excited for Tiana, but Splash was my favorite ride when I was a kid. I teared up knowing it was my farewell ride.

Since this is a quick trip we treated the party as a regular park day with the added bonus of festivities. There is truly no way to do it all. I knew that going in, but didn't realize how true that was until experiencing it firsthand. It's 1:30 in the morning and I might be rambling. It's time for bed.

Oh, we got a total of 3 pieces of candy. 3 bags of m&ms.

Had a fantastic party!!! And it goes like this:
1. Stayed offsite - splurged for priority parking at TTC. Arrived at Magic Kingdom gate at 3:15 p.m. - second group in line. BRUTAL - no shade, sunny / 90s (feels like 100+). We did bring an umbrella to block the sun, but didn't do much good. Bring everyone in your party a full bottle of water for that hour.
3. Held us until 4 p.m. - got in, got wristbands, got trick or treat bags... straight to water fountain to refill our bottle and drink for a long while.
4. Monsters Inc - no wait (helped us cool down)
5. Free water at Lunching Pad
6. Tea Party - no wait
7. Philharmagic - no wait (helped us cool down some more)
8. Carousel - no wait
9. To Tony's for (birthday) dinner reservation - was really good and a nice A/C break.
10. Space Mountain - 12 min wait (pretty much walking the whole time)
11. Monsters Dance Party - say Sully, Mike and Sock/Orange guy
12. People Mover - no wait... but very slow, kept almost stopping
13. Buzz Lightyear - 5 min wait (pretty much walking the whole time)
14. Tomorrowland Speedway - 10 min wait (tried to convince kids to skip it, but we had some newbies..)
15. Bought everyone a cold bottle of water.
16. Cut through the hub (right before Hocus Pocus show - not a priority for us)
17. Haunted Mansion - 5 min wait... Doombuggies stopped a few times but never very long
18. Waited about 10 min to see Headless Horseman near Liberty Square - stayed on Riverboat side of the parade rope (parade not a priority)
19. Big Thunder Mountain - 5 min wait (walking whole time)
20. Splash Mountain - 5 min wait (walking whole time) - found the pooh / eeyore / tigger Halloween pin set in this gift shop on the way out (that was all I wanted for my souvenir)
21. To hub for fireworks (about 25 mins early.... with about 10 mins to go, we moved up and got a better spot - close, could see Jack).
22. Immediately after fireworks, to Pirates... 5-10 min wait (walking whole time)
23. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train... only true wait of the night... about 20 mins
24. Could have done Peter Pan with no wait, but kids were tired (wish I had convinced them to do this earlier instead of Speedway) - headed to Main Street to shop (get in before midnight) - This was our one real misstep. Wanted to shop in the Emporium... but the very long parade had started... there is no real way to cross the street from where we were at this point (left side of the hub)... had to walk all the way down Main Street, in front of train station, where they let people cross every now and then. It was a long, haul with tired kids.
25. Got out before the midnight show was over... third monorail took us to TTC... preferred parking worth every penny.

Later in the evening, we trick or treated at 4 or 5 places along the way... could have done more but kids didn't really want the candy. We saw some characters walking around but did not wait in lines. Kids said their priority was riding rides. Did want to get a snack or two but the lines were too long - got a Mickey Popcorn bucket and called it a day.

NOTE: Disney posted wait times were way off - but Touring Plans were pretty much on target (ex... Haunted Mansion said 40 mins, TP said 15... we were inside in 12 mins).

Had a blast. Glad we went. Will I do it again? Probably not... unless it is late October. It was far too hot. We are used to taking breaks from the parks in the hot part of the day. Arriving at the hottest time - oy!

Do I feel like we got our money's worth? Yes; tickets were less than a single park day.

Last edited:
It’s 2am and I’m just winding down from tonight’s party. Weather was dry but hottttttt and it felt like it never truly cooled down. I was drenched in sweat still when I walked in our resort at 1am.

Arrival was a total cluster. We came off the poly/GF monorail and immediately hit a giant crowd with no where to go. Stood in the blazing sun not moving from 3:45-4:45. Everyone was very grouchy, cast members kept yelling that we should move down to other tapstiles but there were fences and wall to wall crowds… not actually possible to move from our end.

Once we finally got in it was still really busy but things got better as the night went on.

Highlights-
Corn ice cream at auntie gravity’s. Best Halloween treat I had all night.

Hades dog- actually spicy. Enjoyed the hidden Mickey on the bun.

Photo pass cast members with magic shots were fast and friendly.

Saw the 11:15 parade in fantasy land and it was great. 12 HP show had tons of space and was also great.

I like the walk in photo prompt spots.

Middle lights-
Ride lines were not short in fantasy land during the first parade at all. We still waited 40 mins for PP (posted 25) and 30 for HM.

Live actors on HM and Pirates didn’t add much. Carlotta was on the lawn in the HM queue but was pretty much just blowing kisssa and calling everyone darling. Not sure what she was supposed to do? She looked cool but wasn’t funny or interesting. One of the pirates just waved at us and didn’t talk. One was really good and singing and playing a concertina but some people crowded in front of his cell to record him so no one else in line got to enjoy.

Low lights-
Other party snacks were not good. Gravedigger milkshake was so melty it was just thick milk. Might have been good on a cooler night but just yucky. All the funnel cakes we got were gross and the billy climbing out of the grave chocolate was so melty it was unrecognizable. They were out of Mickey sprinkles for our special coffees and out of the candy corn for the little cake and out of the chocolate bow for my corn ice cream. Womp womp

Fireworks were 1) not as good as hallowishes 2) so crowded. We cut it too close to get a good spot which is on me. But even the bad/mediocre spots were sweaty mass of people. The Jack puppet was very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter