Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

Hello,

Have a couple questions before our trip to HHN in a couple week.

What are the hours for the Dead Coconut Room this year?

Also, the resort line last year took us straight into Hellblock Horror, is it directing you through a house again this year?

Thank you!

Still 4 weeks out from our trip, and watching LOTs of vlogs, but wondering about S/S strategy this year.
So, my question is , how is the S/S area by Stranger Things? Like what other house can you go to after ST, is it Exorcist? and then can you also go to the house that the resort lets into? I'd like to do Bloodmoon early,but would also like to head to Dueling Dragons, do 1 run w/ standby, then use our express to choose the other path.
We only have 1 night, but we do have Express, but I'm hoping to do a few houses standby.
thanks, and loving all the reports and HHN discussion!

I think its Exorcist and Dueling Dragons - I watched a video where the person got all three done before the general park opened from what I understand

Quick HHN Opening weekend review. My Wife Debi and 2 of my kids Kat, age 25 and Ben age 16 went through HHN all 3 days opening weekend over labor day weekend last week. First, we had a blast again and IMHO this year is most definitely better than last year. Let's start with the special features this year: Meghans, Death Eaters, and David S Pumpkin! Unfortunately we did not see the Meghans on any night, however I have it under good authority from friends they are good! Finally we get the Death Eaters in Diagon Alley! Very nice especially with the added fog. Lastly David S. Pumpkin, he does an awesome job. He made my daughter Kat very uncomfortable, but in a good way. He's fantastic. He hangs out by the HHN bar at Lombards.

On to the Houses. I was a bit lukewarm after our first two walkthroughs, but things vastly improved from there. Did most but not all the houses twice. It rained HARD with a big storm Friday, and we got soaked waiting in the stay and scream line, and it did lead to some blisters and soreness, but still a good night despite a late start. After 3 nights and about 17 house walkthroughs my personal rankings are as follows, YMMV. Also, IMHO all the houses are very good just levels of greatness. Plus, I had no clear favorite if the top 6, all could jump around after future visits, same with the bottom 4 but I felt like there was a dividing line between the groups.

1. Exorcist
2. Bloodmoon
3. Last of Us
4. Tie: Stranger Things / Yeti
6. Monsters
7. Dueling Dragons
8. Dr. Oddfellow
9. Chucky
10. Darkest Deal

Again, all good. I thought Exorcist looked great and had good scares if the timing was good. To me Bloodmoon was like this year's Dead Man's Pier with a different theme. Last of Us had good sets and good scares, true to the game, and show too even though based on the game. Stranger Things looked great, not as good as previous Strangers Things houses IMHO but very good. My only complaint is many missing characters. Yeti had great theming and sets, good scares. Dueling Dragons looked pretty good but was disappointing IMHO, plus split ending was very short. Dr. Oddfellow was ok looking ad not as scary, but still good. Chucky was cheesy, 2nd half was better, but overall a bit disappointing. Still fun though! Darkest Deal had a good story and some good scares, just not as good as the other houses IMHO. As I said, I'm sure when I return some of my rankings could change, really liked them all!

The scare zones were quite good too. I think my favorites were Vamp 69 and the Zodiac. Overall a lot of fog and scareactors. Loved the music in Vamp 69!

We did not see the show yet, I've heard it was good. Saving it for our next visit. Overall a wonderful time once again.

Oh, we did try a bunch of drinks and some food. Usually not our focus, but daughter Kat took notes on Drinks. Our favorite was Survivor's Fizz. We also tried some desserts. Most were pretty good. Protip: Late at night the leftover desserts/snacks in the tribute store might be buy 1 get one Free!

Regards,
Ted

Question… I know the Stranger Things house lines up near Fallon but, what time should we start lining up during stay and scream? Is it an actual line or just a general crowd of people during S&S for that house?

Question… I know the Stranger Things house lines up near Fallon but, what time should we start lining up during stay and scream? Is it an actual line or just a general crowd of people during S&S for that house?
From what I saw there are actual lines and people pretty much head to them immediately upon entering the zone

Are the crowds worse on the nights they offer a free entry to Annual Passholders?

0BF6EDEF-A192-4EB2-8E03-80CF197B2C58.png

Last edited:
Yes, they can get very busy. Some of the worst crowds last year were on weekdays with this available.
Good to know - I really wish they would change this benefit to a credit towards HHN tickets (as I have said 100 times before)

Its the main reason I have not purchased this AP - I know I wont get the value of the HHN Ticket since I buy multilight and since I stay on property the parking is of no value. I would like the after 4PM express.

We went over to Stay & Scream in NY on Saturday at about 4:30, were standing in line for Stranger things by 4:40. We were not through the house until about 6:20. I would suggest going closer to 4 if your intent is to get as many houses as possible done.

Good to know - I really wish they would change this benefit to a credit towards HHN tickets (as I have said 100 times before)

Its the main reason I have not purchased this AP - I know I wont get the value of the HHN Ticket since I buy multilight and since I stay on property the parking is of no value. I would like the after 4PM express.
I agree with you on the credit. The last two years that I’ve had the premiere pass, I haven’t used the free night because I purchased ROF to go more. I also stay on property. I find enough value with the after 4 express and the discount on food and merchandise.

Has anyone seen the half price express after 11:00pm this year? I’m wondering if it still exists for nights when express is not sold out.

? Question about the Megan doll performers?
true or just a false rumor …and if true how to find times & locations?
Maybe on blues brothers stage?
Anything on that stage?
Thanks

Just saw answer for Megan in post #687 …

Yeah watched some of the videos - looks good - but a bit repetitive as its much the same as previous years - still much more adult oriented.
They’ve improved the repeat house & switched up scares

Subjective, Show is best I’ve seen in Orlando, very talented singers. Nightmare fuel has its moments, couple of twists.
I think its Exorcist and Dueling Dragons - I watched a video where the person got all three done before the general park opened from what I understand
Again, based upon my experience, Akin to catching a unicorn
Meghans, Death Eaters, and David S Pumpkin!
Didn’t see any of them. Sat in HP for 45 min one night. Admittedly l, Houses are our focus
Exorcist
2. Bloodmoon
3. Last of Us
4. Tie: Stranger Things / Yeti
6. Monsters
7. Dueling Dragons
8. Dr. Oddfellow
9. Chucky
10. Darkest Deal
My current listing, which very well may change as season progresses:

Yeti
Darkest deal
ST
Last of us
Exorcist
Dr O
Dueling dragons
Monsters
Blood moon
Chucky

My list not intended to Throw shade on the scareactors in any fashion!

They can only do so much with their assigned roles and house design In particular, monsters feel into that category for me

Are the crowds worse on the nights they offer a free entry to Annual Passholders?

View attachment 792861
Was there 6, 7, 9 & will again on 15, 16 & 17

First 3 nights there crowds were worse than what I’ve seen over Columbus Day in distant past

Will be there again for that holiday this year. That’s starting to give me nightmares based upon what’s been experienced so far lol

If you already bought horror nights tickets and decide to book a hotel package that includes tickets, can you just combine them?

If you already bought horror nights tickets and decide to book a hotel package that includes tickets, can you just combine them?
You might be able to get a refund on the tickets you already purchased - Universal is pretty flexible - but the ticket are non-refundable.

Best to call and see what they can do. Just have your order number ready.

Is there a chainsaw chase at the end of the night in Orlando? One of my kids read about one but couldn’t tell if it was just Hollywood.
I haven't heard of an end of the night chainsaw chase, but one of the scare zones this year includes a bunch of chainsaws. We happened to approach that area as the chainsaws were leaving their shift. It was fun to watch the group of them as they headed to the backstage area. They continued scaring people all the way to the backstage gate. So many people were screaming and running.

So it sounds like my best bet for entering the queue for Stranger Things is around 415… What time do you suggest to enter the stay and scream holding area line for my pass to be scanned?

Just trying to figure out early dinner plan.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter