Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

Great points. The $450 would give us express for all nights. I never thought of adding it for one night or even a partial night. Thanks to you both for the feedback--Greg

Just saw elsewhere that part of the reason why the Express waits were so long on opening night and why the lines were coming to a complete standstill for big chunks of time was because of all of the media VIP groups going through and them being allowed to take as long as they wanted while they filmed and got their content. We had something similar happen to us when we went to Howl-O-Scream at SeaWorld last year. Just thought I’d share that little nugget of info.

We went on opening night. I t was myself, my son and my 13 year old granddaughter.
We had the Scream Early pass and arrived around 3pm. It was a pretty big line to get into the park. we did a bunch of rides and then the crazy thunderstorm happened around 5pm. We ended up in the ET gift shop for close to an hour.

Once the rain let up a little we wandered over to the Animal Actors area and got a drink from the bar set up there. It was still raining so we were not sure if the event was going to be canceled. As it got closer to the event starting we were not sure where we were supposed to go. There was no details on how things were handled when you had the scream early pass. We walked around and found an area with a few employees with scanners and they checked us in but we never lined up in an queue.

We ended up in line for the Monsters Unleashed house. We wait a good 40 minutes to get in. Holy Cow was it crazy. Scares from every corner. My poor granddaughter was not happy! We left that and went over to Diagon Alley to see the Death Eaters. That was a lot of fun and the night atmosphere in that area was amazing. We all had dark mark temporary tattoos and it was fun to have the Death Eaters run their wands over the dark mark to approve of us!

We grabbed a quick bite to eat and then did a couple of scare zones. Those were a lot of fun as you never know when you will happen upon a scare actor. The hippie vampire area was really fun.

We did the Nightmare Show and that was really amazing!

We did a few more rides and then did the Stranger Things House. We all loved it as we are huge fans of the show. The wait was over an hour though.

After that we just walked around. It was really busy and my granddaughter did not want to do any more houses.

All in all we really enjoyed the atmosphere and the fun of watching other get scared. My son and I are planning an adult trip with a few others for next year.

Great points. The $450 would give us express for all nights. I never thought of adding it for one night or even a partial night. Thanks to you both for the feedback--Greg
If you go the single night express route, buy sooner rather than later. Single night express has dynamic pricing and often rises as you get closer to your dates. Some dates will sell out for EP, too.

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to know. I haven't been to UO since 2014 🫣 and have never been to HHN. Planned a last minute trip with my fiancé's daughter and I've only stayed on property and used the shuttle in the past. We can't wait!
JMHO would Uber. Leave a bit earlier to avoid surge pricing. Ck pricing at ride share drop off city walk & HRH

After that we just walked around. It was really busy and my granddaughter did not want to do any more houses.
Good to hear you found away to make it work. It’s sad to see when family is berating a child to
Do a house when they are in tears
Holy Cow was it crazy. Scares from every corner. My poor granddaughter was not happy! We left that and went over to Diagon Alley to see the Death Eaters. That was a lot of fun and the night atmosphere in that area was amazing.

Lol most of us would consider the scare actor attention the highlight of the night lol

Glad that HP scares Saved the day

This isn't entirely event specific but is a lot of the HHN merch available outside of the Tribute store? I'm specifically looking for the shirt with all of the houses on the back and the Dueling Dragons AP shirt. I wanted to pick them up in the main store at City Walk if they're there. Sorry if this is a dumb question lol

Getting super excited, my first ever HHN night on Thursday. My flight arrives at 10:30, rushing right to Portofino to check in & drop bags off and head to HHN. may only get an hour or so in, plan to use it on Last of Us house and Darkest Deal, Dr Oddfellow if time. We shall see.

Also going Friday the 8th, Saturday the 9th, Sunday the 10th. We have APs but with this many days I am leaning against Stay & Scream, I really don't want our group to be hot and crabby in the holding areas, would rather spend some more time at the pools. Thinking I will use Hotel Guest entrance instead. Has anyone used this year yet? What time should I plan on getting in this line?

Also one of my #1 goals this trip is empty Diagon Alley, but my plan may be thwarted by Death Eaters (don't tell them I said that) can anyone speak to crowd levels in Diagon Alley this year, and what time around you were over there?

Getting super excited, my first ever HHN night on Thursday. My flight arrives at 10:30, rushing right to Portofino to check in & drop bags off and head to HHN. may only get an hour or so in, plan to use it on Last of Us house and Darkest Deal, Dr Oddfellow if time. We shall see.

Also going Friday the 8th, Saturday the 9th, Sunday the 10th. We have APs but with this many days I am leaning against Stay & Scream, I really don't want our group to be hot and crabby in the holding areas, would rather spend some more time at the pools. Thinking I will use Hotel Guest entrance instead. Has anyone used this year yet? What time should I plan on getting in this line?

Also one of my #1 goals this trip is empty Diagon Alley, but my plan may be thwarted by Death Eaters (don't tell them I said that) can anyone speak to crowd levels in Diagon Alley this year, and what time around you were over there?
We walked through Diagon Alley close to midnight - fairly empty, nice and foggy, but not a Death Eater in sight.

Although we were not able to use the resort guest entrance on our trip (don't ask), that was our strategy as well. The holding pens, from all accounts, can be over-crowded and brutally hot, and to me it does seem like "spending time to save time" which doesn't make total sense. Perhaps be at the resort gate a bit before 6 with the hope they let you in before the main gates, which the nights we were there happened at 6:30PM and 6:10PM.

oops sorry one more questions - what restaurants are open during HHN, besides for booths, etc.
From what I remember (but there may be this info on the UO website or app) the sit down places open included Finnegan's, Richter Burger, and Lombard's.

We ate at Finnegan's opening night with no wait for a table at all - in fact, it was half-empty (note - the entrance for meals is not the main one across from the Mummy, which had a massive line for the bar. It was around on the opposite side). We also went into Lombard's our second night, just for a drink and a quick snack, but it too seemed to have plenty of tables available.

I was surprised to say the least - anyone know if that was unusual? Maybe everyone who hadn't already eaten was committed to trying the HHN-specialty food at the booths?

This isn't entirely event specific but is a lot of the HHN merch available outside of the Tribute store? I'm specifically looking for the shirt with all of the houses on the back and the Dueling Dragons AP shirt. I wanted to pick them up in the main store at City Walk if they're there. Sorry if this is a dumb question lol
AP shirt is probably only in Tribute, 5 and Dime and maybe AP lounge.

AP shirt is probably only in Tribute, 5 and Dime and maybe AP lounge.
I almost forgot about the Five and Dime store. That's where I got the AP Freestyle cup. I hope they have my size as Universal tends to run out of my size first with special shirts :L

I’m not sure if this has been asked before, but are the Death Eaters only in Diagon Alley for HHN or are they in Hogsmeade too? I tried finding info online, but it was vague.
As far as I know, the Death Eaters are only in Diagon Alley during the season/HHN this year (opposed to last year being only in Hogsmeade). Someone correct me though if I’m wrong.

So is it my imagination or has the cost of multilight tickets with express gone up?
I think FF+ was 699 and now its 719 for example

Anyone know if the price goes down as you get to say mid October? I doubt it but asking for a friend ;)

So is it my imagination or has the cost of multilight tickets with express gone up?
I think FF+ was 699 and now its 719 for example

Anyone know if the price goes down as you get to say mid October? I doubt it but asking for a friend ;)
For this year, doubt we will see the prices go down.
Demand is still great and there is money to be made ….

So Diagon Alley isn't a holding area correct? I have a rush of fear with express pass and just seeing if I wanted to start the night casually in HP what the best game plan would be? I could either just come in late or maybe stay in the San Francisco area Stay and Scream and then walkover once we are released?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter