"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone please critique my MNSSHP itinerary? We’re going in October! Just me and my fiancé - no kids and we’re city walkers. 😉🎃🖤
  • Line up between 3-3:30 after a 1/2 pm lunch at SH71 Lounge.
  • 4-7: see Main Street, take photos, go to Fantasyland, 7DMT ride, Pooh ride, grab treats: whoopie pie, queen slushy, and witches brew, Pooh M&G at 5:30, go back to TST to visit Mickey at 7
  • 7-8:30: go to Tomorrowland, space mountain ride, monsters inc overlay, people mover ride, snacks: zombie fingers, sully slushee, see Tron (not riding)
  • 8:30-10: Donald/Daisy M&G, grab buffalo chicken pie snack, haunted mansion ride/photos
  • 10-10:30: grab a Jack cake pop & fireworks
  • 10:45-11:45: second parade in Frontierland, snacks: fries and corn milkshake, Rusty Cutlass show
  • 11:45-12:45: final Hocus Pocus show, photo pass spots, any merch
Will you have an ILL for SDMT? 4:00 -6 is a crossover of day guests and party guests. If not, it is unlikely that you will be able to do WtP, SDMT and snacks and get in line for Mickey at 5:30.

Will you have an ILL for SDMT? 4:00 -6 is a crossover of day guests and party guests. If not, it is unlikely that you will be able to do WtP, SDMT and snacks and get in line for Mickey at 5:30.
I could get an ILL or I was planning on using DAS.

Is there anything special in the MK or any other park on Oct 31, the actual day of Halloween? Not counting MNSSHP, of course.

We were going to stay offsite, but I caved and booked ASMu for our party night. Should I plan to drive or take the resort bus? I know the bus is technically faster because it avoids TTC, but the buses can be really variable in how often they run so driving might actually be quicker

Would someone please critique my MNSSHP itinerary? We’re going in October! Just me and my fiancé - no kids and we’re city walkers. 😉🎃🖤
  • Line up between 3-3:30 after a 1/2 pm lunch at SH71 Lounge.
  • 4-7: see Main Street, take photos, go to Fantasyland, 7DMT ride, Pooh ride, grab treats: whoopie pie, queen slushy, and witches brew, Pooh M&G at 5:30, go back to TST to visit Mickey at 7
  • 7-8:30: go to Tomorrowland, space mountain ride, monsters inc overlay, people mover ride, snacks: zombie fingers, sully slushee, see Tron (not riding)
  • 8:30-10: Donald/Daisy M&G, grab buffalo chicken pie snack, haunted mansion ride/photos
  • 10-10:30: grab a Jack cake pop & fireworks
  • 10:45-11:45: second parade in Frontierland, snacks: fries and corn milkshake, Rusty Cutlass show
  • 11:45-12:45: final Hocus Pocus show, photo pass spots, any merch
For the treats during the 4-7 time period, be sure to check the hours of the restaurants as it gets closer. Right now, Liberty Square Market closes at 5pm and is not open during the party (at least per the WDW website and what I've seen reported). Cheshire Cafe was closing at 3pm and reopening at 7pm for earlier parties but now looks like it will be open during the pre-party time. If it stays that way, I would be sure to prioritize the whoopie pie because the only time you will be able to get it is between 4-5pm.

I've also personally found that I get less done during the 4-7pm period than I plan. So I would identify the 1-3 things that are most important for you during that time so that if things take longer than planned, you can change your plans on the fly.

For the treats during the 4-7 time period, be sure to check the hours of the restaurants as it gets closer. Right now, Liberty Square Market closes at 5pm and is not open during the party (at least per the WDW website and what I've seen reported). Cheshire Cafe was closing at 3pm and reopening at 7pm for earlier parties but now looks like it will be open during the pre-party time. If it stays that way, I would be sure to prioritize the whoopie pie because the only time you will be able to get it is between 4-5pm.

I've also personally found that I get less done during the 4-7pm period than I plan. So I would identify the 1-3 things that are most important for you during that time so that if things take longer than planned, you can change your plans on the fly.
The whoopie pie is not available during the party? Or does LSM close for the party?

The whoopie pie is not available during the party? Or does LSM close for the party?

Both. The whoopie pie is only at LSM and LSM is not listed on the party map or WDW website as open. The Disney Parks Blog post announcing the Halloween treats says that it is only available during park hours. So, I take that all to mean that it will only be available until 5pm when LSM closes. The whoopie pie was the only treat I was interested in but will likely have to pass because my only other priority attraction during the pre-party time also closes at 5pm and I will need to go to guest services when I first arrive. I haven't seen any report backs of people who have gotten it after LSM closes but others who have gotten it at earlier parties may be able to confirm that the information on the website and party map are correct.

Both. The whoopie pie is only at LSM and LSM is not listed on the party map or WDW website as open. The Disney Parks Blog post announcing the Halloween treats says that it is only available during park hours. So, I take that all to mean that it will only be available until 5pm when LSM closes. The whoopie pie was the only treat I was interested in but will likely have to pass because my only other priority attraction during the pre-party time also closes at 5pm and I will need to go to guest services when I first arrive. I haven't seen any report backs of people who have gotten it after LSM closes but others who have gotten it at earlier parties may be able to confirm that the information on the website and party map are correct.
That all makes sense to me! I will plan to grab the whoopie pie on my MK day then.

Had anybody been keeping tabs on when the 4-5pm ILL window for Tron sells out on party days? Wondering if I really need to wake up at 6:55 on a day where I’ll be up until 1AM. 🙃

Doing first Halloween party tomorrow night. We have theme park reservations at magic kingdom for tomorrow so I believe we can go anytime before the party… but question. If we plan on arriving around 5-5:30pm (we have Tony’s ADR at 6pm) is the line to get into the park going to be nuts around 5-5:30? Do we get to bypass the party line since we have theme park reservations?

Are they selling the Candy Corn Swirled ice cream this year ?
I think it was at the AntiGravity Ice Cream Store in Tomorrowland .
It was so good !

B4C7C02E-120B-47AD-BD5D-38C6B86672BB.png

Last edited:
Doing first Halloween party tomorrow night. We have theme park reservations at magic kingdom for tomorrow so I believe we can go anytime before the party… but question. If we plan on arriving around 5-5:30pm (we have Tony’s ADR at 6pm) is the line to get into the park going to be nuts around 5-5:30? Do we get to bypass the party line since we have theme park reservations?

We just went on Tuesday and there was a roped off section of the tapstiles for party tickets. It was all the way over on the right. The left side was open for guests with regular park tickets without a gigantic line.

We also have adrs during that transitional time and my plan, because of reports about long MNSSHP entrance lines, is to use the regular ticket entrance on left and get our MNSSHP tickets scanned and wristbands added inside the park in Tomorrowland across from Monsters Inc.

We also have adrs during that transitional time and my plan, because of reports about long MNSSHP entrance lines, is to use the regular ticket entrance on left and get our MNSSHP tickets scanned and wristbands added inside the park in Tomorrowland across from Monsters Inc.
Can you use the regular entrance line with only MNSSHP tickets (no AP or day pass) if you have Cinderella’s Royal Table during the transition period?

Can you use the regular entrance line with only MNSSHP tickets (no AP or day pass) if you have Cinderella’s Royal Table during the transition period?
We have CRT at 4 pm and booked morning MK park passes in addition to MNSSHP. We will be taking a break from 12-3 pm so we will be there for only a few hours.

You have only 15 mins grace for ADRs (CRT is strict) so I would get in the MNSSHP line at 3 pm. Keep checking for later ADRs.

If you have a 3:55 pm ADR, it’s highly unlikely you will get your wristbands (takes a while) and be able to brace the crowds and be at CRT before 4:10 pm (for the online check in you need to be in the hub/end of Main Street). It’s a brisk 10+ min walk and you have to walk around plaza so might take longer (not straight down Main Street).

If you have a 4 pm and you’re at the front of the MNSSHP line, you probably can make it, but I would also ask a CM if they could let you in early for dining (they do let people in 30 mins before park opens for other guests for ADRs in the am).

Disclaimer: plandisney may not be accurate

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...trying-reservations-cinderellas-royal-546333/

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the song that was being played on Space Mountain during MNSSHP was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter