Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

I"m also looking at March, the second week, and zilch on AP rates so far. I've been checking daily, for about a month now, just to see if anything has changed. No AP rates for the early part of the week at any hotel, but all hotels have availability, but only the regular rates. Hopefully they'll release some AP rates soon, but it is spring break, so who knows. They can appear all of a sudden. I will keep checking.

Last edited:
They have AP rates for the first week in March (not too many, but they're there) - might not be out yet for beyond that? Or they might have enough bookings that they don't feel the need to offer AP rates at this point... although usually there is at least sporadic availability in that case.
Annual pass rates at Universal are available up to the start of Memorial Day weekend, but not every hotel and not every week.

For example, Endless Summer seems to be available only through mid February.

As always, Universal offers only a limited number of AP rates. So book early if you are certain about your dates.

We haven't been to Universal in awhile-I guess prior to Covid. Anyway, I am little taken back for prices for this summer. RP $549 for a standard room? I know you have express pass, but geez! I know to look for discounts, AP, but was just a little sticker shock.o_O

We haven't been to Universal in awhile-I guess prior to Covid. Anyway, I am little taken back for prices for this summer. RP $549 for a standard room? I know you have express pass, but geez! I know to look for discounts, AP, but was just a little sticker shock.o_O

I know. I found an old receipt from December 16-23rd, 2021 where we stayed at HRH on Savvy Traveler rate for $268/night. I am not kidding. I already told my family we may never be able to stay there again! LOL!

It seems the AP rates now, are the rack rates from 2019! Keep checking for discounts. The deluxe resorts seem to be $350 to $400 with an AP discount for moderately busy times.

Cabana Bay’s rack rate has went up 60% since 2019! The first Saturday night of October 2019 the rack rate for the exterior family suite was $199. I checked that same day for 2024 and its $322!

That's a deal compared to my July weekday rate of $732 for RP standard...

It seems the AP rates now, are the rack rates from 2019! Keep checking for discounts. The deluxe resorts seem to be $350 to $400 with an AP discount for moderately busy times.

Cabana Bay’s rack rate has went up 60% since 2019! The first Saturday night of October 2019 the rack rate for the exterior family suite was $199. I checked that same day for 2024 and its $322!
And I wanted a larger room than standard, might have to mortgage the house for that one, lol!

Because of Halloween Horror Nights, Universal has become crazy crowded during October weekends. I’m not surprised weekend rates are sky high.

Also, I’ve noticed that Universal has gotten much more aggressive on its weekend hotel pricing.

The same room you mention is $239 per night on a Sunday in September. With the usual 40% AP discount, that will be $143 once they offer the discount.

But I’m not optimistic about seeing discounts for October, especially on weekends.

I renewed my AP and now looking at these rates I'm second guessing myself. Got good rate for my early Nov trip but now I'm looking at late April/early May and PB is $350 and the other 2 are over $450 which is crazy high for that time of year considering what I've gotten in the past 2 years. Aventura $200 seriously?? Maybe its too early and those rates will come down ?!
Fingers crossed
Edit-when I click on each hotel most say that rate is not available (only CB and PB have actual AP rates) so hopeful they will be added soon

Last edited:
I was also hoping for additional annual pass holder rates, but then I saw the following on UOR's website, and now I'm not so sure that there will be added availablity:

Featured Passholder Hotel Offer​

A couple enjoys the view of Volcano Bay water theme park from Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort.

Stay at Your Favorite Place and Save 40%* on Rooms​

Ready for the ultimate midweek getaway? Head to Universal Orlando Resort for real thrills and plenty of relaxation. Stay at your favorite place and save 40%* on rooms on select dates.

Book by: Now - 5/22/24
Travel: Select Dates Sunday - Thursday
• 1/7 - 1/11/24 and 1/15 - 2/14/24 (Savings applies to all hotels)
• 2/15 - 3/7/24 and 4/7 - 5/23/24 (Savings applies only to Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort and Loews Portofino Bay Hotel)

*Travel select dates Sun – Thurs. Limited availability. Restrictions apply.
Terms and Conditions
BOOK NOW

I was also hoping for additional annual pass holder rates, but then I saw the following on UOR's website, and now I'm not so sure that there will be added availablity:

Featured Passholder Hotel Offer​

A couple enjoys the view of Volcano Bay water theme park from Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort.

Stay at Your Favorite Place and Save 40%* on Rooms​

Ready for the ultimate midweek getaway? Head to Universal Orlando Resort for real thrills and plenty of relaxation. Stay at your favorite place and save 40%* on rooms on select dates.

Book by: Now - 5/22/24
Travel: Select Dates Sunday - Thursday
• 1/7 - 1/11/24 and 1/15 - 2/14/24 (Savings applies to all hotels)
• 2/15 - 3/7/24 and 4/7 - 5/23/24 (Savings applies only to Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort and Loews Portofino Bay Hotel)

*Travel select dates Sun – Thurs. Limited availability. Restrictions apply.
Terms and Conditions
BOOK NOW
That doesn’t sound good at all 😡
If that’s the case and how UO intends to keep it moving forward I probably will not renew. I love PB but even $350 is high. I’ve always been able to get premiere for under $300.

We are staying at Cabana Bay in the exterior family suites May 5-11 (Sunday to Saturday) and did not get 40% off for the weekend night. Rack rate was $325 and with tbe AP discount its $234 (about 30% off). Maybe the days of 40% AP discounts are coming to an end for weekend nights.🤔

We are staying at Cabana Bay in the exterior family suites May 5-11 (Sunday to Saturday) and did not get 40% off for the weekend night. Rack rate was $325 and with tbe AP discount its $234 (about 30% off). Maybe the days of 40% AP discounts are coming to an end for weekend nights.🤔
Yeah, it seems Universal has a much easier time filling their hotels on weekends.

But I'm seeing a different AP rate:

1704508722376.png

$234 sounds really high
Sept 2021 I paid $115 for that room
Those days are definitely gone

Yeah, it seems Universal has a much easier time filling their hotels on weekends.

But I'm seeing a different AP rate:

View attachment 823349
My numbers are for 3 adults. So add the extra adult charge. The percentage off is still the same though since all my numbers reflect that charge (Rack Rate and AP). It adds $20 to each night but won’t affect the % calculation.
IMG_3539.png

Last edited:
Still looking for a couple of nights in March, but losing hope. AP rates have not budged. Premiers are all around $700/night.... no AP rates for any others either, and not sure anyone wants to go w/o premier. I would do one night, but we'll just keep watching and waiting.
I can't wait until we don't have to plan around school holidays any more!

Still looking for a couple of nights in March, but losing hope. AP rates have not budged. Premiers are all around $700/night.... no AP rates for any others either, and not sure anyone wants to go w/o premier. I would do one night, but we'll just keep watching and waiting.
I can't wait until we don't have to plan around school holidays any more!
Yeah, we’re in the same boat. Looking for 3 nights to tack on to a couple nights at AKL in Disney in that first full week of March. But nothing has been coming up, and I’m to the point where I’m giving Universal another week before I pivot to Sea World/Busch Gardens for those days - and our APs will not be renewed to Universal again. Being out of state, we don’t use hardly any of the AP benefits except for the hotel discounts. If they aren’t providing those to Preferred or Premier passholders, then they are about to start losing business.

Yeah, we’re in the same boat. Looking for 3 nights to tack on to a couple nights at AKL in Disney in that first full week of March. But nothing has been coming up, and I’m to the point where I’m giving Universal another week before I pivot to Sea World/Busch Gardens for those days - and our APs will not be renewed to Universal again. Being out of state, we don’t use hardly any of the AP benefits except for the hotel discounts. If they aren’t providing those to Preferred or Premier passholders, then they are about to start losing business.
Universal offers many AP discount rates, but not typically during the weekend or during Spring Break.

I still remember a trip many years in mid April when Men In Black was a walk-on. We asked the attendant what it was like 2 weeks earlier during the peak of Spring Break. He told us the wait time peaked at 4 hours!

The point is, during Spring Break (typically late February to early April) the parks can be painfully crowded. Not much of need for Universal to offer hotel discounts when everyone is going there.

Other times of the year, I’ve seen Endless Summer AP rates as low as $71 per night during weeknights. That’s less than what you can find offsite.

Since you are out-of-state and (it appears) can only visit Universal during its busiest season, I agree with you. There’s not much benefit to a Universal AP unless you do more than one trip per year.

It was different during COVID - Universal offered all sorts of hotel discounts. For example, we booked the Premier hotels a few times for less than $200 per night.

Now, $242 seems to be the bottom for Premier hotels (Royal Pacific for a Sunday night in late January) and that’s during slower times.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter