*****Official April 2020 thread*****

ETA: His direct quote was I would receive an account credit. I took that to mean I could apply it to a future tickets. That was exactly how he worded it. Hope that helps.

He made it sound like it could be applied to any ticket. Now, its was one cast member, so when I call again to actually do it, it may be different but he was very kind and accommodating. I have 12 DAH tickets and he knew that. Honestly, I give Disney kudos because all the cast members have been understanding. DVC was as well today when I changed our reservation and we were less then 30 days out. The CM today said they were giving more leeway then usual for people. My mom called today about her regular tickets and they told her the same thing.
Yes, thanks. Obviously I'd have to make the call eventually and ask. We just have four tickets. I'm just letting this filter out a bit longer before we decide for sure. I am looking at it as not trying to decide just based on DAH, but overall things that probably some others think about.

I wish they would add a month or two to our APs that expire in early May. I suppose it's possible, but I doubt it.

I wish they would add a month or two to our APs that expire in early May. I suppose it's possible, but I doubt it.

i spoke with a cast member this evening. They aren’t extending, but if you have a 5 day trip planned, they will allow you to book a 5 day trip (even after the expiration date, but I believe by the end of 2020) to replace it. as of now, only for those who have trips between 3/16-3/31

i spoke with a cast member this evening. They aren’t extending, but if you have a 5 day trip planned, they will allow you to book a 5 day trip (even after the expiration date, but I believe by the end of 2020) to replace it. as of now, only for those who have trips between 3/16-3/31

We have an 8-day trip, so are you suggesting that they might allow us to book a new trip for the same length and give us an 8-day hopper ticket to cover it?

We have an 8-day trip, so are you suggesting that they might allow us to book a new trip for the same length and give us an 8-day hopper ticket to cover it?

yes, that’s definitely what it sounded like. Which I think is fair, it’s a better deal than just pushing back APs for 2 weeks. It gives us more flexibility (here’s hoping we don’t need it, our trip is mid April but we are prepared should it not reopen)

Sounds like they ARE extending APs by the number of days the parks are closed.

I guess the cast member was Misinformed (which I don’t blame him for, it was probably an onslaught of info yesterday). But yes, on the website, it looks like they are extending passes.

[Edited]
The website currently says APs will just be extended:
How does the closure of Walt Disney World impact annual passes?
Walt Disney World annual passes will be extended by the number of days the parks are closed, March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020.”

Last edited:
With all these changes, refunds, exchanges, etc. and just all the questions generating about Disney trips affected, hopefully Disney will put out a how-to, or Q&A type page. Has anyone seen something like this yet?

We got some "good" news in the form of one of our connecting flights being cancelled and offered an alternate two hours ealier. We can either take it (if Disney World is still open over Easter) or cancel our flights for a refund.

Of course, we bought our flights on Expedia, for Spanish budget airline Iberia, for a flight operated by British Air. Expedia can't modify budget airline systems, so sent me to Iberia. Iberia don't touch flights operated by other airlines, and sent me to BA. BA isn't a budget airline, so don't see why Expedia can't handle it, and sent me back to Expedia. So the Disney side of things should be EASY. (We're planning on rolling all the Disney stuff forward to October for my youngest's birthday if Easter gets cancelled.)

So we're waiting, but at least we "lucked" into a pretty good Plan B, if any of this can be said to be lucky. I'm pretty sure I can work with BA if that's the way it goes. Plan A is still going for Easter. There are loads of ADRs opening up ...

Really still feel okay about them being open again late April at the moment. Still constantly checking Southwest. I've added 36K in points back to my account for future flights and I know if I change my trip to a summer or later in the year likely going to lose all of that savings. Such is life I guess, but still think that the resorts will open in the next 6 weeks.

With all these changes, refunds, exchanges, etc. and just all the questions generating about Disney trips affected, hopefully Disney will put out a how-to, or Q&A type page. Has anyone seen something like this yet?
So far the FAQ is available at the link from the main Disney site (it’s not letting me post it here, just go to the main Disney report pages and look for the notice at the top).

Anybody know if there are good FPs available for end of April? Might move my trip from end of March to end of April. I’m just worried about not having any FP or ADR with it being late notice.

Anybody know if there are good FPs available for end of April? Might move my trip from end of March to end of April. I’m just worried about not having any FP or ADR with it being late notice.
How big is your party and what are you hopeful for specifically?

So, what do we think? Is April pretty much out too? Luckily I can wait until the day before check-in to cancel, but wondering what would have to be happening in order for them to decide that we were on top of this pandemic.

So, what do we think? Is April pretty much out too? Luckily I can wait until the day before check-in to cancel, but wondering what would have to be happening in order for them to decide that we were on top of this pandemic.
I wonder what metrics they’ll use to decide if they should open for April or extend the park closures. I’m hopeful that WDW will reopen in time for my April trip, but that may just be the Disney fever talking :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter