*****Official April 2020 thread*****

You can definitely place the $200 hold on a room for November. It would be, of course a separate reservation than your current one. Once you make your full payment, the date range of 2-29 days out til your trip comes into play. You get your payment back EXCEPT the $200 deposit first made. If you're one day out you are not getting anything back.
Thank you!! I think I’m going to book a backup for my own peace of mind even if ultimately out $200. Not ideal due to heat and hurricane season but gonna go with first week of September and extend the trip 2 nights to allow for more breaks/resort time (is 8 nights too long??) I’m still hoping mid-April works out but I better having an alternate week booked, even if it’s definitely not the season or temps I wanted (are we gonna get heatstrokes first week of September??)

Thank you!! I think I’m going to book a backup for my own peace of mind even if ultimately out $200. Not ideal due to heat and hurricane season but gonna go with first week of September and extend the trip 2 nights to allow for more breaks/resort time (is 8 nights too long??) I’m still hoping mid-April works out but I better having an alternate week booked, even if it’s definitely not the season or temps I wanted (are we gonna get heatstrokes first week of September??)
Do you mind if I copy your plan? 😀. We are in the same mode of thinking.

Saved another bunch of points on my flights and saving on my rental car costs as well with the increase in changes by people. So there's that for a positive!

My major concern at the moment is still the airlines consolidating flights due to a reduction in passengers. Don't want to wind up on a multistop flight with plane changes like what happened to me last year with the Max 8 situation.

Saved another bunch of points on my flights and saving on my rental car costs as well with the increase in changes by people. So there's that for a positive!

My major concern at the moment is still the airlines consolidating flights due to a reduction in passengers. Don't want to wind up on a multistop flight with plane changes like what happened to me last year with the Max 8 situation.
That I have been wondering about...

I'm quite glad to be driving this year even though it's not a fun 20 hour ride. One less thing out of my control to get shut down.

It seems to be ramping up. We still plan on going in April. Our local hospitals (Ontario Canada) have asked employees not to travel outside of the country or to self quarantine without pay for two weeks. I’m hoping wdw has some extra pixie dust at work

We are going in last week of April, travelling from Canada. Still haven't decided on whether to cancel or not but mentally preparing myself that cancellation is a high possibility now.

As of right now we are reassessing whether we'll go in April. Another thing debating on is driving or flying. What about DAH tickets though, that is nonrefundable. I don't see any word from WDW on those type of tickets. Haven't seen any new WDW comments on tickets, anyone else?

We did cancel our late summer August cruise after some discussions we had likely one wouldn't agree with in the cruise community, but I didn't really feel like going on a cruise this year anymore, and instead rebooked our Disney area hotel for August of the week we were going to cruise, in case we do not go to WDW in April and end up cancelling our April WDW trip. So, basically a prep to swap out plans, with possible WDW push to later summer, and ditched the cruise. I don't feel sad about that at all.

Already had the flights booked in place anyway to and from MCO due to the cruise, so that was no effort there and nothing needing to be done. Already have six day park hopper tickets. Just a one night room reservation put down, and I can get it back outside of 30 days if necessary. I question what will happen to the cruise industries over the next few months in terms of quality and some other things, so we'll personally hold off for out of country travel that we have to commit money that was due in May prior to not knowing the outcome and how things will play out, quality of cruise, not going to ports, etc. etc. I've never questioned cruising, we've been on 11, but since I felt not solid about on it and had to commit money in six weeks to it, decided as DH and I talked just cancel it. And, if things are looking okay in summer, can make a decision then to cruise, last minute deal, or whatever.

As of right now we are reassessing whether we'll go in April. Another thing debating on is driving or flying. What about DAH tickets though, that is nonrefundable. I don't see any word from WDW on those type of tickets. Haven't seen any new WDW comments on tickets, anyone else?

We did cancel our late summer August cruise after some discussions we had likely one wouldn't agree with in the cruise community, but I didn't really feel like going on a cruise this year anymore, and instead rebooked our Disney area hotel for August of the week we were going to cruise, in case we do not go to WDW in April and end up cancelling our April WDW trip. So, basically a prep to swap out plans, with possible WDW push to later summer, and ditched the cruise. I don't feel sad about that at all.

Already had the flights booked in place anyway to and from MCO due to the cruise, so that was no effort there and nothing needing to be done. Already have six day park hopper tickets. Just a one night room reservation put down, and I can get it back outside of 30 days if necessary. I question what will happen to the cruise industries over the next few months in terms of quality and some other things, so we'll personally hold off for out of country travel that we have to commit money that was due in May prior to not knowing the outcome and how things will play out, quality of cruise, not going to ports, etc. etc. I've never questioned cruising, we've been on 11, but since I felt not solid about on it and had to commit money in six weeks to it, decided as DH and I talked just cancel it. And, if things are looking okay in summer, can make a decision then to cruise, last minute deal, or whatever.

I will be shocked if Disney doesn't become exceedingly accommodating wrt their event tickets and their "non-refundable" status. I don't know what that might look like, possibly even just a Disney gift card for the amount, but at least you could hang onto it and then use it toward another trip later. Obviously it's up to them, but again, this situation seems pretty extraordinary.

I will be shocked if Disney doesn't become exceedingly accommodating wrt their event tickets and their "non-refundable" status. I don't know what that might look like, possibly even just a Disney gift card for the amount, but at least you could hang onto it and then use it toward another trip later. Obviously it's up to them, but again, this situation seems pretty extraordinary.
I wonder if they'll issue any statement after FL Gov DeSantis's announcement just now. I can use our park hopper tickets through Dec 18 I think it was. The MK DAH is what I'd like to hear about from Disney as of course, when buying it did say nonrefundable.

I wonder if they'll issue any statement after FL Gov DeSantis's announcement just now. I can use our park hopper tickets through Dec 18 I think it was. The MK DAH is what I'd like to hear about from Disney as of course, when buying it did say nonrefundable.
I wish they would just release another statement, whether to say they are still monitoring it, etc.

While I am still in wait-and-see mode for what happens at WDW and in Florida in regards to my trip, I preemptively booked a different week...May 17-22nd. It's room only so I can cancel up to a week in advance. If my April trip goes on, I'll cancel the May one.

I am REALLY glad I have an unactivated annual pass for this trip. I can't imagine shuffling around ticket dates.

Good thoughts for my April friends!

Does anyone know if it’s possible for me to just place a hold on a November trip with a $200 deposit just in case I have to cancel the April one? Or should I hold off? My full April trip payment is due to this week. Am I SOL once I pay it? Thanks!!
our final payment is due the end of next week. e-mailed our TA today and asked her to get me options for October. will run it by my daughter when I see the details, but plan to postpone. My son law has asthma as does one of my DGDs.

I'm getting a bit worried about the possibility of the U.S.-Canadian border closing! It sounds like they really, really don't want to do that due to trade, but if they do, we're out of luck! The next two weeks are going to be long. I saw that airlines still have to run most of their flights due to the "use it or lose it" policy for flight schedule slots.

Disneyland closing really ramps up the possibility that WDW will close as well. I'm losing my optimism seemingly by the hour in the past few days! Wonder if they do close the WDW parks, whether the resorts will still be taking guests? If they closed the parks but kept the hotel reservations, we would still go and we'd likely have a great time regardless. There's actually a lot to do at WDW that isn't park related!

Disneyland closing really ramps up the possibility that WDW will close as well. I'm losing my optimism seemingly by the hour in the past few days! Wonder if they do close the WDW parks, whether the resorts will still be taking guests? If they closed the parks but kept the hotel reservations, we would still go and we'd likely have a great time regardless. There's actually a lot to do at WDW that isn't park related!

At least at Disneyland, they'll be closing the hotels as well after the 16th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter