Official Car rental September 2013...advice please

Keep checking, my dates did not drop until under 2 weeks prior to arrival.

Can you plug in my dates to see what you get? I just want to make sure I'm using the right codes, etc.

9/21 6:00pm, 9/29 3:30pm standard car.

I've been using Alamo Insider free upgrade & Southwest code 7016105.

I do not belong to Costco so I can't book through them.

Just curious what you get if you do not mind.

Thanks!

auger said:
Why is everyone else's dropping, but mine is just sitting stagnant?!?! :confused3

Mine is not dropping either, but I'm renting from Disney Car Care Center and not the airport so I figure that's why (in my case). 9/13 - 9/20, mid-size, Visa and Southwest codes = $225.

Thank you so much for posting about Alamo price dropping as time gets closer. My dates are 9/5-9/12. I have 2 reservations and both dropped. Now if I can just make up my mind.
We are doing a split stay between BWV & AKV. Originally booked just for 3 days from airport returning to Dolphin so we can stop and get some groceries and make hotel move easier.
Then after seeing all the great rates I decided to check for the full week and booked that also.
current rates are $56.80 for the 3 days and $113.80 for the week. Its just the 2 of us and don't know that we really need it for a week, but is only a $57 difference. But that would buy a lunch or something.

Thoughts???

I figured I was at the lowest I could get at $112 but checked again this morning (I leave tomorrow) and it's down another $5. I'm at $107 for a full size at Alamo from 8/31-9/7. :cool1:

Mine dropped too!!! P/u at Palm Beach on Sept 1, return to MCO on Sept 8!!! Down to $105!!

Can you plug in my dates to see what you get? I just want to make sure I'm using the right codes, etc.

9/21 6:00pm, 9/29 3:30pm standard car.

I've been using Alamo Insider free upgrade & Southwest code 7016105.

I do not belong to Costco so I can't book through them.

Just curious what you get if you do not mind.

Thanks!

I would wait another week because mine didn't begin dropping until around 12 days. I ran your dates and got $260.10 for a mid size.

I would wait another week because mine didn't begin dropping until around 12 days. I ran your dates and got $260.10 for a mid size.

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I was doing it right!

Hopefully, mine will drop as I get closer.

Mine is not dropping either, but I'm renting from Disney Car Care Center and not the airport so I figure that's why (in my case). 9/13 - 9/20, mid-size, Visa and Southwest codes = $225.

$200 at Dollar, pick -up car near downtown disney. Hotel Row, you can walk over to pick it up at:
WYNDHAM LAKE BUENA VISTA RESORT - ORLANDO

No codes needed just select City Special

JimboCh said:
$200 at Dollar, pick -up car near downtown disney. Hotel Row, you can walk over to pick it up at:
WYNDHAM LAKE BUENA VISTA RESORT - ORLANDO

No codes needed just select City Special

Thanks! That's pretty good, but we are needing to stick with Alamo because we are using a debit card and they are very debit card friendly (show them your round-trip flight itinerary and can use a debit card with no hold put on it. Some others even do credit checks if using a debit or put a hold on some of your money).

If you went with Budget, it would be $153.79 for a standard car with the pay it now option for those dates. Using the Southwest Rapid Rewards code(free to sign up) U072700 and coupon: MUWZ023

So I just searched again for minivans for 9/13 til 9/20 and i found a new reservation through ez rental car for 179. that is with the 5% code on the site and with the 3% discount for "liking" them on facebook. That is down to 179 from 230 last weekend. I am TOTALLY comfortable with that price, but I will keep checking back regardless and hope for the best:)

Thrifty, Wild Card today, Blue Chip and AAA was $122.22, the Altima was $12 more, but I'm gambling on good availability inventory.
Next week, 8.2 days.

So I just searched again for minivans for 9/13 til 9/20 and i found a new reservation through ez rental car for 179. that is with the 5% code on the site and with the 3% discount for "liking" them on facebook. That is down to 179 from 230 last weekend. I am TOTALLY comfortable with that price, but I will keep checking back regardless and hope for the best:)

What are the reports on EZ rental?

Are they safe to rent from?

Finally got a mid-size from Alamo for $67 for 4 days 9/12 to 9/15. Using bj's and upgrade also from bj's. Done through bj's site. Coupon at capacity at Alamo's site. I'm happy with that. All the other quotes I was getting were for $80 to $100.

I figured I was at the lowest I could get at $112 but checked again this morning (I leave tomorrow) and it's down another $5. I'm at $107 for a full size at Alamo from 8/31-9/7. :cool1:

I dropped today too 8/31-9/8 for $98, so happy I checked!

Mine dropped too!!! P/u at Palm Beach on Sept 1, return to MCO on Sept 8!!! Down to $105!!

Who are you renting from, and what codes are you using?
I have been watching constantly, and my rates aren't budging!

I am looking at two different ways of renting:
1) TPA -MCO the entire time Sep 6-15
2) TPA - MCO the first day, then get a new rental MCO-MCO for the remainder of the time. Sep 6-6/Sep 6- 15.

Neither one of these options is changing.
I am using Costco and free upgrade from Alamo,
and Costco with $40 off cpn for budget.
Dollar hasn't done anything worth booking, and I am not wanting to rent from Enterprise because of my last experience with them in April.

Just wanted to give an update for all those renting a full size at MCO. Arrived yesterday and there was no line at the counter. Walked down the full size aisle and there weren't many cars to choose from. Saw 1 Impala, several Chevy Equinoxes and a Dodge Journey. We choose th Journey. All in all, a painless experience.

skw444 said:
Just wanted to give an update for all those renting a full size at MCO. Arrived yesterday and there was no line at the counter. Walked down the full size aisle and there weren't many cars to choose from. Saw 1 Impala, several Chevy Equinoxes and a Dodge Journey. We choose th Journey. All in all, a painless experience.

Alamo? Do you have to go to the counter with online check in?

I keep looking, but 28 days at $511 tax in for a full size is the best deal I can get. Dollar. Had an economy for $456 but had to upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter