OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

I know the parks will be super busy during this time. On those days that they have to close the gate for either few hours or the rest of the day how does that affect people who have reservations but are not in the park. I know there is a system on who gets stopped first and so on but if i leave the park and they end up not letting anymore people in but i have a reservation will i have an issue with this?
There are different stages of closures- I’m not the expert but I think it goes no new entries (re-admits ok), then it goes all the way to nobody at all. Somewhere it closes even if you have a reservation but not initially I think. I wouldn’t count of that reservation saving you from the closures though ☹️

There are different stages of closures- I’m not the expert but I think it goes no new entries (re-admits ok), then it goes all the way to nobody at all. Somewhere it closes even if you have a reservation but not initially I think. I wouldn’t count of that reservation saving you from the closures though ☹️

At WDW, a reservation would get you in up to a level 3 closure, with level 4 being where nobody gets in (which hasn't happened since April 7, 2009).

Has anyone seen the Candy Cane making schedule yet? We are there the first week of December and want to hit the freshly made Candy Canes at least once (or maybe twice).. They are soooooo yummy.

We are waiting in line to get our wrist bands

CkpRPGF.jpg

The Candy Cane lady and her sign..

FSaXEU0.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Why does the site not have all the same information on both the pages (or better yet have entertainment on just one page and not two). Thanks for providing the link.
Ditto - thanks for the link!! FYI, it looks like the Snowfall along Rivers of America happens on the nights they don't offer Fantasmic!

Woke up early to make our first dinning reservations! Going to do ariels grotto for lunch and blue bayou fantasmic for dinner.

My only worry is Blue Bayou seems like a fancy place.. are my husband and I and our two young kids In our park clothes going to stand out like a sore thumb there?

My only worry is Blue Bayou seems like a fancy place.. are my husband and I and our two young kids In our park clothes going to stand out like a sore thumb there?
Everyone will be wearing park clothes. It's also dark and chances are high that you even notice what others are wearing, which in turn, means they won't notice what you are wearing. At any rate, it's normal for very casual park clothing to be worn.

Woke up early to make our first dinning reservations! Going to do ariels grotto for lunch and blue bayou fantasmic for dinner.

Not at all, please don’t feel you will be! They are in park so everyone is wearing their usual park touring gear. It’s one of the things I love most about the gorgeous in park nice restaurants, Carthay Circle over at DCA is the same!

Thanks. We will have a reservation for fantasmic at RBT on Dec 30th but will more than likely leave the park early then come back.

Just booked our trip! We weren't planning on coming this year, but just can't stay away. We'll be there Jan. 4 - 8. I know it'll be crazy, but we'll be at Disney and that's all that matters. :love::cool1:

Is the tea party available during your dates? I know my mom would love that experience.

I thought about booking the tea but decided to book Christmas morning breakfast at Storytellers instead because my Mom loves Chip & Dale...I am going to surprise her with this on Christmas morning....

I

I’ve been away too long. What’s the Frozen dinner package?

It's the Frozen Dining Package and it is a lunch at Carthay Circle and you get reserved seating in the Frozen theatre...the cost is $89pp for adults and $59 pp for children (3-9)

Disneyland is more busy when AP's are allowed in as a large majority of the visitors to disneyland are AP's. Even mid week especially in the afternoon and night. IMO the crowds have increased significantly in the last 7 years so go expecting it to be crowded compared to what you know.
I do not have exact numbers but I do not believe this is even close to being true. A large majority would mean much more than 50%. I believe the number is closer to 10-20%.

:wizard:

At WDW, a reservation would get you in up to a level 3 closure, with level 4 being where nobody gets in (which hasn't happened since April 7, 2009).
If I’m not mistaken (I try to avoid any days that are busy enough to close the park lol) DLR is much more compact so it has closures pretty much yearly on the really busy days. I’ve seen many a photo of people sleeping in the parks so they wouldn’t have to leave but needed a break in the middle of the day lol I’m sure it’s easier to keep WDW open as it has more area and more parks to spread out the people visiting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter