*** Official CHRISTMAS WEEK planning thread***

Hello! Count us in for Christmas week too. We arrive 12/24 to stay at AoA until 12/31. This is our first time at WDW and chose the craziest time, haha. I've been one time, but only to MK when I was 17 so no planning for me that time. The planning is a first, so is the plane ride. There are 6 of us and I am determined to do as much research as possible.
It's also my birthday month and DH and I's 15th anniversary so hoping it is super extra magical. Our kids already know. I'm WAY too excited to have kept it a secret. I have planned a secret surprise for everyone to be delivered to our room on Christmas day while we are out, though.
I think I have our ADR's all booked. We're still deciding if we are going to go to Universal as well. We're big HP fans, but I just don't know about getting there from WDW. It's kind of a should we try and save it for another trip and just spend the day relaxing and resort hopping, thing.

Late to the party...not sure how I missed this thread. I just asked to join the group. Let's all be nutty and enjoy Christmas at Disney

I have planned a secret surprise for everyone to be delivered to our room on Christmas day while we are out, though.

If you are planning on using Disney Floral & gifts they do not deliver on Christmas. I talked to the on the phone about this a month ago. They do on Christmas Eve

My family will be at Wilderness Lodge 12/22-12/26. I ordered a small Christmas tree from Memories by Betsey. I am wondering in anyone has ever done this before and how it turned out?

Family and I are going to WDW between Dec 18th-Dec 26th...can't wait.:banana:Will be my first time there in almost 20 years.Always wanted to go at Christmas time and finally took the plunge.I know it will be busy,but the holidays are special. Just hope I don't overplan.lol Sent a request for the FB group as well.

If you are planning on using Disney Floral & gifts they do not deliver on Christmas. I talked to the on the phone about this a month ago. They do on Christmas Eve

I ordered online and it let me put in Christmas day :confused3
You would think they wouldn't let people do that or they would call. I guess we'll find out. Also, I didn't order an in room celebration (had to double check). So I don't know if that matters. They didn't really have one big enough for our family. Worst case scenario, I have to pick it up from the desk after the kids go to sleep on Christmas Eve. I'll make a note of it when I check in.

Now that flights and rooms are booked, I'm ready to start planning how to decorate the timeshare. It's a 2 bedroom unit and very big, so I'll probably just do something to the main living area.

Where does everyone get their Disney Christmas decor. Walgreen's has a lot, right?

Now that flights and rooms are booked, I'm ready to start planning how to decorate the timeshare. It's a 2 bedroom unit and very big, so I'll probably just do something to the main living area. Where does everyone get their Disney Christmas decor. Walgreen's has a lot, right?

walmart has some too. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Now that flights and rooms are booked, I'm ready to start planning how to decorate the timeshare. It's a 2 bedroom unit and very big, so I'll probably just do something to the main living area.

Where does everyone get their Disney Christmas decor. Walgreen's has a lot, right?

Don't know if you live near a Christmas Tree Shop, but my local one has a section with a Christmas at the beach theme. I grabbed some pink flamingos wearing Santa hats, snowmen built of sand, etc. to add to my decorations for the hotel room. I got these a few years back, but I saw the section out the other day when I went.

I got a small light up tree that was disney themed, small plush characters dressed up, window clings, stockings a few years back at Walgreens, too.

Count us in too. Dec 27-Jan 3. Me, DH and 11 year to old quads. We won a bid on a condo at a charity auction so will be staying off site for the first time. The kids do not know yet :) Just sent a request to add me to the fb page!

Hello All! I can't believe I missed this thread! We are going to be at the Grand Floridian the 22nd-26th and then hopping on the Dream for a 3 night cruise. I just requested to join the FB group. SOOOOO excited to go. We have never been at Christmastime and I can't wait to see the decorations!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hi everyone - I put in a request to join the FB group. We're very excited about our Christmas stay. A group of 9 in a Grand Villa at Old Key West from December 22-28. We've been to Disney the week after Christmas, but this is our first time there for Christmas Day.

My big concern is our Christmas Day dining reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern. I know the Magic Kingdom will close Christmas day because they reach capacity. Our dinner reservation is at 5:40 and I don't think we want to be at the MK all day until then. Does anyone have any experience with trying to get into the MK mid-afternoon (3-4) on Christmas Day?

Thanks so much!

We just booked through DVC at Kidani Animal Kingdom Dec. 20-27th. So excited to be going to Disney over Christmas. Will be me, DH, DD who turns 22 on Dec. 17 and our other DD who will be 2.5. Our LDD is over the moon in love with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and this is our second trip this year. We LOVE watching her eyes light up when she sees the characters and can't wait to see her reaction at Christmas.:goodvibes Have any of you done the Fort Wilderness Hood Dee Do Review on Christmas night? Is it outside? What if the weather is bad - do they move it inside? Do the characters have time to visit with the guests like at other character breakfasts? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks for your help.

Hoop de do is inside an old fashioned hall. You'll be dry and cozy... Unless you take the boat from MK. Take it from me, don't so that I'd the skies look like they'll open up for a downpour! There is no meet and greet but there is a posed photo before you go in.

Maybe you mean Mickey's Backyard BBQ? There are characters there. I don't know a whole lot about it. Maybe someone else can elaborate a little more?

Just booked today!!! We will be staying at All Star Sports from Dec 22-29! SO excited for my first Disney holiday experience!

You are thinking of Mickeys Backyard BBQ.
Hoop Dee Doo is a stage show with 6 performers. The BBQ is outside under a covered area.

Just got an email that our MagicBands shipped today! We'll be there Dec 22-26 (27-28 at Universal). ADRs, special events and FP+ selections have all been made, just waiting on the Dec parade FP+ window to open to book it and of course the onsite luck to happen (getting a good Jedi Training Academy window of time). We have a great touring plan, matching Mickey shirts and a fun-filled roadtrip to look forward to (we'll be celebrating my husband's birthday and the completion of his PhD coursework, plus our first Christmas away from home with our 5 year old!). 29 more days!!!

Can anyone tell me if FP+ reservations for the Parks are still available? We will be there from
12/22 - 12/29. Planning to purchase park tickets soon, which has been the only thing making me ineligible to reserve them (no valid park ticket). Hoping we'll still be able to get something!

Thanks!

Yes, all FPP for that time are available. We are going at the same time and there are lots of choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter