Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I'm going to be at WDW with my kids mid April and looking to order a cake now that my twins have outgrown 95% of their allergies and can eat a regular Disney cake! Woohoooo! I was there in December and didn't have any luck with ordering. Never even got a call back and the one place I did reach (YC/BC) said only GF was doing cakes at that time (which didn't seem to be accurate from what I was reading here?)

So I'm just looking to confirm what I'm seeing so I know my current options. Looks like Yacht and Beach Club Bakery is now doing cakes and GF is allowing pick ups? Does it matter where you pick up? And Contemporary is doing cakes and also allowing pick up at The Wave?? Is this without a reservation I assume? I'm going to guess it's likely still hit or miss depending on who you get on the phone as usual, but if one of these is my best bet I'd like to start there.

This trip was kind of up in the air for a while, so we have no dining reservations, but I'd absolutely love to surprise my kids with an over the top cake, or 2, or 3. Whatever, never too much cake IMO.

TIA!
Yes, you can get a cake from the Contemporary and pick up from The Wave! I just did this in January. You don't need a reservation to pick it up from the restaurant. Just let the CM at the podium know you are there to pick up the cake. It wasn't an issue at all.

@Dis703 That's about the size of it! Grand Floridian seems the most flexible and accommodating right now. They're delivering to all kinds of places they never used to, so take advantage of it while you can!

Thank you for all of the information here! I left a message on Wednesday with an immediate return call telling me they aren't making custom cakes. Then 10 minutes later, Julisa called me and asked for my details, and I sent her a photo and the wedding BEO details. Then today, she confirmed my order for a replica cake to be delivered to the Beach Club in June. We're doing a 2 tier 6" Churro and 4" Dole Whip for $90.

@TISHLOVEDISNEY, Oh my! Both cakes are lovely, but that Flower and Garden Cake is amazing! :flower2: Can you tell us any information about the price of the cakes?
I ETA to my price post that it did include 18% tip and 10% AP discount. Obviously I then added more to the 18% :)
Thought I should clarify!

Niche question maybe, but has anyone noticed a strong flavor on frosting colors like purple, pink or red? This is sometimes an issue for us due to the food coloring used. Usually we just avoid ordering those colors but I want to do a Minnie themed cake so thinking pink or red is a must.
Yes We avoid red cakes but haven't noticed it at disney although all our cakes have been chocolate frosted

In the past, the flavors were limited to chocolate or vanilla. But the people who are taking the cake orders now at the Grand Floridian seem to be a lot more amenable to accommodating requests for special flavors. There is a list of popular flavor combinations in post #1 of this thread. My favorite combinations are churro with churro crunch mousse, red velvet with cream cheese buttercream frosting, and chocolate cake with a combo of chocolate ganache and peanut butter buttercream frosting as a filling.
I need to post my pics of our cake but our favorite is the last one you mention. I usually got it from Brian at the Contemporary but this time I worked with the GF. They tried hard not to let me get the peanut butter buttercream and ganache combo but I wouldn't give in. They kept saying get the mousse and the ganache will be to hard to cut. Then they said just get chocolate mousse. They also said they couldn't put all our "unbirthdays" and names on the cake. I had emailed them and said I knew their designers were amazing and told them to do their best. The cake was delicious and beautiful. It was the first time we were in a studio instead of a 2 bedroom so the cake was hard to cut with a plastic spoon. we solved that by letting it sit out for an hour each day before cutting it.

Hi there! When I called to place my order last month, the GF voicemail gave this email address: wdw.dl-gf.pd.requests@disney.com
I emailed with a general idea of my request and someone called me back later that day. It seems like they're more available to return calls in the late afternoon/evening. Good luck!
That's the address I used and someone called me while we were in the parks and we managed to get the cake when we wanted it. I emailed the contemporary using the address I've used in the past and it got sent back as undeliverable.

I spoke with Julie as well! The number she called from was her work cell phone (I initially missed her return call too because I didn't recognize the number). Glad you got everything squared away. Here's hoping we both enjoy fabulous (and delicious) cakes next month!!
Yes I spoke to Julie (Julissa) also and I missed her first call. Our cake was wonderful. We spoke on Friday afternoon and my cake was ready on Monday afternoon. I think she returns calls in the afternoon.

Oh my! I have to share my 50th Bday cakes I got this week.
F&G cake was 6 inch Yacht/BC served at B&C. Vanilla with strawberry mousse.
Mickey was served at Chef Mickey's, 6 inch. Marble/choc mousse.
View attachment 563489View attachment 563490View attachment 563491View attachment 563492View attachment 563493View attachment 563494
Sorry I don't know how to turn pics. 🤷‍♀️
These are amazing. My 50th was in quarantine (and 6 of the 7 in our family had quarantine birthdays too) so we did a "Unbirthday" cake last week.

Thank you for all of the information here! I left a message on Wednesday with an immediate return call telling me they aren't making custom cakes. Then 10 minutes later, Julisa called me and asked for my details, and I sent her a photo and the wedding BEO details. Then today, she confirmed my order for a replica cake to be delivered to the Beach Club in June. We're doing a 2 tier 6" Churro and 4" Dole Whip for $90.
Juliisa took my order last week last minute and everything was perfect. Hope your cake is too.

I need to post my pics of our cake but our favorite is the last one you mention. I usually got it from Brian at the Contemporary but this time I worked with the GF. They tried hard not to let me get the peanut butter buttercream and ganache combo but I wouldn't give in. They kept saying get the mousse and the ganache will be to hard to cut. Then they said just get chocolate mousse. They also said they couldn't put all our "unbirthdays" and names on the cake. I had emailed them and said I knew their designers were amazing and told them to do their best. The cake was delicious and beautiful. It was the first time we were in a studio instead of a 2 bedroom so the cake was hard to cut with a plastic spoon. we solved that by letting it sit out for an hour each day before cutting it.

Oooh! I can't wait to see photos!

Niche question maybe, but has anyone noticed a strong flavor on frosting colors like purple, pink or red? This is sometimes an issue for us due to the food coloring used. Usually we just avoid ordering those colors but I want to do a Minnie themed cake so thinking pink or red is a must.

Not with Disney cakes. I'm not sure what they use for their dyes, but we had a cake died red and with dark blue frosting and it tasted the same as it did when it was plain.

I'm curious, has anyone ever made an ADR just to have their cake (and drinks)? I'm debating doing this, and can't imagine it wouldn't be allowed exactly, but I feel weird about it. I'd really like to have the delivery of the cake to the table and see the surprise on the kids' faces, but the menu options for meals at the restaurants where I can get a cake delivered just aren't ideal. And with minimal ADRs available it's less of an issue if I'm stuck with an off time for a reservation since I don't have to worry about making it around our actual mealtime.

Obviously, we'll be tipping on the cake anyhow and are looking at a $100+ cake as it is. Do you think this would be okay?

@Dis703 Yes! You're still paying for drinks and tipping, and that resort's food and beverage department is getting money from you for the cake. I don't see anything wrong with that at all!

I'm curious, has anyone ever made an ADR just to have their cake (and drinks)? I'm debating doing this, and can't imagine it wouldn't be allowed exactly, but I feel weird about it. I'd really like to have the delivery of the cake to the table and see the surprise on the kids' faces, but the menu options for meals at the restaurants where I can get a cake delivered just aren't ideal. And with minimal ADRs available it's less of an issue if I'm stuck with an off time for a reservation since I don't have to worry about making it around our actual mealtime.

Obviously, we'll be tipping on the cake anyhow and are looking at a $100+ cake as it is. Do you think this would be okay?
Yes...my last cake at Cali Grill ended up being this...it was not the original plan! We had done the monorail crawl and by the time we got to dinner, my friend was too full to order anything! So I got sushi and a glass of wine...and our waiter was fabulous and so excited to bring out the cake...

Attachments

• A29F024C-50E1-4B47-9784-640481AECE8D.jpeg
    A29F024C-50E1-4B47-9784-640481AECE8D.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 242
Yes...my last cake at Cali Grill ended up being this...it was not the original plan! We had done the monorail crawl and by the time we got to dinner, my friend was too full to order anything! So I got sushi and a glass of wine...and our waiter was fabulous and so excited to bring out the cake...

omg, is that cute! I love the flowers. :-)

Just got in from my trip last night, below see the wonderful cake that the GF pastry team made for my parent's 40th Anniversary dinner at Narcoosee.

Yellow Cake with Chocolate Mousse Filling, Butter Cream Icing with a Mickey and Minnie theme. Came to $65, and my experience ordering it was so straightforward and easy.

See the pics below

Attachments

• Cake 1.jpeg
    Cake 1.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 243
  • Cake 2.jpeg
    Cake 2.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 236
  • Cake 3.jpeg
    Cake 3.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 240
  • Cake 4.jpeg
    Cake 4.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 234
My family and I are booked at the Pop Century for a staycation to celebrate our 15th Anniversary. I wanted to surprise my husband with a custom cake last year but of course that was cancelled. I requested a Lady and the Tramp theme with marble cake and white chocolate mouse filling. The same cake flavors from our Disney wedding cake 15 years ago! I've been working with Kate from the Grand Floridian and it has been so easy! They are delivering it on Thursday and I can't wait! :)

My family and I are booked at the Pop Century for a staycation to celebrate our 15th Anniversary. I wanted to surprise my husband with a custom cake last year but of course that was cancelled. I requested a Lady and the Tramp theme with marble cake and white chocolate mouse filling. The same cake flavors from our Disney wedding cake 15 years ago! I've been working with Kate from the Grand Floridian and it has been so easy! They are delivering it on Thursday and I can't wait! :)
Are they delivering to Pop? I thought it was still pick up if you were at a resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter