• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

So excited! We just scored a cabana rental for the Grand Californian. I hear all the time that people have to call at midnight right at 60 days out to get one because the Grand has so few of them available, so I am shocked. I think the cast member was surprised too. Our flight time changed from morning to late afternoon so it worked really well for us!

Oct 1- 7th, JW Marriot and 1 day at DH with cabana rental. Me and my 2 adult daughters, we have several great reservations it should be a really fun trip.

I have two reservations for Lamplight Lounge that I am going to be cancelling if anyone is interested in trying to scoop those up.
The first is for Sunday, Sept. 26 at 2:05 pm for two guests.
The second is for Monday, Sept. 27 at 11:40 for one guest.
If you're interested, please let me know and we can try to coordinate something! :jumping1:

Well, bummer! 😥
I just got this email from Candy Cane Inn:

Greetings,

We regret to inform you that we have cancelled your upcoming reservations. We have experienced a last-minute setback that will prevent us from opening on September 14th. This delay was caused by a timeline provided by county and city inspectors that is out of our control and will prevent us from opening on our planned date. Our crews and staff are working diligently to finish as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for a short notice but we wanted to provide our guests as much time as possible. We are offering all affected guests a $50 per night discount towards your next booking valid until October 1st of 2023. Just mention your cancelled reservation number to our reservation agents when making your next booking.

We know that there is high demand for hotel rooms during this month and we have provided a list of some hotels (not our recommendation) in the immediate area that still have rooms available. Keep an eye out on our Facebook or Instagram for more updates.

Thank you,
Reservations
Candy Cane Inn

Good thing I kept my Stovall's reservation!

Well, bummer! 😥
I just got this email from Candy Cane Inn:

Greetings,

We regret to inform you that we have cancelled your upcoming reservations. We have experienced a last-minute setback that will prevent us from opening on September 14th. This delay was caused by a timeline provided by county and city inspectors that is out of our control and will prevent us from opening on our planned date. Our crews and staff are working diligently to finish as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for a short notice but we wanted to provide our guests as much time as possible. We are offering all affected guests a $50 per night discount towards your next booking valid until October 1st of 2023. Just mention your cancelled reservation number to our reservation agents when making your next booking.

We know that there is high demand for hotel rooms during this month and we have provided a list of some hotels (not our recommendation) in the immediate area that still have rooms available. Keep an eye out on our Facebook or Instagram for more updates.

Thank you,
Reservations
Candy Cane Inn

Good thing I kept my Stovall's reservation!
We're in the same boat for next week, but luckily have a back up reservation at the Element. Even if we didn't, Getawaytoday still has some decent options available, at least for our dates (not sure why Suncoast is so cheap, but they have 4 nights for $680, including taxes).

Ok extremely dumb question here…this will be the first time going to the parks with the reservation system…my tickets are loaded to my Disney account and app, but now realized when we get to the gates…what do I need to do? LOL

Ok extremely dumb question here…this will be the first time going to the parks with the reservation system…my tickets are loaded to my Disney account and app, but now realized when we get to the gates…what do I need to do? LOL

you walk up and you say hey! lemme see the mouse! 😂

I'm pretty sure it's the same as pre reservations, though? Aw jeez I hope it is cos that's what I've got in mind lol. Scan the barcode from your app, take your photo on your first day & print out the physical ticket. Your trip is so close!!

you walk up and you say hey! lemme see the mouse! 😂

I'm pretty sure it's the same as pre reservations, though? Aw jeez I hope it is cos that's what I've got in mind lol. Scan the barcode from your app, take your photo on your first day & print out the physical ticket. Your trip is so close!!

I mean the first option is TOTALLY doable…LOL

So I just go to the gates then? I don’t have to go to the ticket booths right?

Ooof I know!! We are already here in Anaheim as we start with D23 tomorrow and then the parks for 3 days after D23 plus the D23 Oogie Boogie Bash on Saturday night! 🤗🤗

Oct 21-23-no Oogie Boogie-all sold out-boo. Our third trip this year, so we have been lucky to get a good dose of the parks.

JW Marriot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter