Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

It shouldn't take you more than 10/15 minutes by car to get from BC to WL. You might have a bit of trouble parking in the WL lots that week, however, so I would allow an extra 10 to 15 minutes so you can drive thru the lots looking for a space. If you follow Disney signage for driving to WL you will take World Drive, however, from BC there is a shortcut which will take you on Vista Blvd and bring you out to the intersection of World Drive AFTER the MK parking booths. You will encounter much less traffic going this way. From BC you will make a left on to Buena Vista Drive (as if you are going to Downtown Disney) follow Buena Vista to Bonnet Creek Parkway (Old Key West Resort lighthouse on corner) make a left on Bonnet Creek and follow to the end (past OKW and Port Orleans Resorts) and make another left on to Vista Blvd. Follow Vista to end which will bring you out just past the toll parking booths at MK, make a right for about 1/4 mile and make a right on to Timberline Drive/Wilderness Lodge. Or, since you say you are going to Fort Wilderness for dinner after your carriage ride you could leave a bit earlier and park at Ft Wilderness, take the boat over to WL and then back to Fort Wilderness. That way your car will be there already when you're through with dinner and you won't need to go back to WL. One thing you might to check on, however....I'm not really sure if parking at Fort Wilderness is near Pioneer Hall or if you will need to take an internal bus from the parking lot to get there.

I probably should have pointed out that if you take that route on Vista Blvd, you will drive right past the entrance to Ft. Wilderness on your way to WL.

I probably should have pointed out that if you take that route on Vista Blvd, you will drive right past the entrance to Ft. Wilderness on your way to WL.

Thanks.. :(

For some reason I thought trails end and the sleigh ride were next to each other at the same resort.. Any dining suggestions where the sleigh ride is?

Ok, just looked..the sleigh ride is at the Ft Wilderness Campsites, where Trails End is so I just need to get here :)

If you have tickets for the park, you can go through Epcot & take the monorail out front directly to the TTC. Of course this only works if you can use a park ticket/annual pass & the park is open.

Otherwise, agree with above. Bus to MK, express to TTC.

Have fun!

Thanks, we have annual passes and love the Monorail so probably be taking this route when possible.

ericstac.....as I stated above those directions will also get you to Ft. Wilderness... the entrance to Ft. Wilderness will be on your right as you are driving on Vista Blvd...I would say maybe two to three miles from the intersection of Bonnet Creek Pkwy

What's the best way and how much time do we allow on the 21st of December to get from the beach club resort to the wilderness for a sleigh ride at 6pm followed by dinner at trails end at 7:30pm?

We will have a car if that is a good option.

Thanks.
You will need to take the internal shuttle bus from the FtW parking lot (the Outpost) to the Settlement, where both the sleigh ride & Trails End are. Plan on a 10 minute wait and a 15 minute bus ride.

Parking at FtW can fill up during holiday periods. I don't know what they do if you have a reservation and the lot is full.

If you want to take WDW transportation, you should allow 90 minutes, although it likely will take under an hour. You would take the bus to MK, and then the boat to FtW. You would not need to take the internal shuttle, as the boat dock is a very short walk away from your destinations.

Best way to get to Trails End.
On 24th of Dec plan of going to MK that morning and leave for afternoon.Then head to trails End for a 5:45 ADR.After that spend the evening in MK.
Staying offsite at Windsor Hills
If you're just asking about MK to Trails End and back, there is a boat direct from MK to FtW.

If you're going to your hotel between MK & dinner, best option is to go back to MK and take the boat. If the MK lot is full, you may be diverted to the Epcot lot; take the bus from Epcot to Wilderness Lodge, and transfer there to the bus to FtW, which stops right at Trails End. That's the only external bus that stops at Trails End; all others require transfer to an internal shuttle bus.

If you're just asking about MK to Trails End and back, there is a boat direct from MK to FtW.

If you're going to your hotel between MK & dinner, best option is to go back to MK and take the boat. If the MK lot is full, you may be diverted to the Epcot lot; take the bus from Epcot to Wilderness Lodge, and transfer there to the bus to FtW, which stops right at Trails End. That's the only external bus that stops at Trails End; all others require transfer to an internal shuttle bus.

thanks :) here's hoping the MK lot isn't full.If so maybe I might valet park at Contempary Resort and take the monorail to MK then boat over.
Guess I should allow enough time just in case.

Best way to get from DTD to GFR. Last year i boated back to POFQ and just bussed it from there, but i am not sure this is the quickest route. Any ideas?

thanks :) here's hoping the MK lot isn't full.If so maybe I might valet park at Contempary Resort and take the monorail to MK then boat over.
Guess I should allow enough time just in case.

The Contemporary has boat service to both WL and Ft. Wilderness. No need to take the monorail to MK. (And taking the monorail from the Contemporary would definitely take longer than just walking because the resort monorail goes clockwise, which means that the MK is the last stop after getting on at the Contemporary.)

Best way to get from DTD to GFR. Last year i boated back to POFQ and just bussed it from there, but i am not sure this is the quickest route. Any ideas?

I'm confused. Isn't GFR the Grand Floridian Resort? Because if it is, there's bus service between DTD and all resorts.

If you mean the Grand Floridian (it's usually abbreviated as just GF,) the best way would be to take the direct bus. There is direct bus service between DTD and all Disney resorts.

Hello :wave2:

I'm planning our 14 day holiday next October and it's our first visit to WDW, we are staying at CBR and will be using the Disney buses on site as our main mode of transport.

I am trying to work out where we will be eating and in doing so trying to work out what the "travel time" will be from park to eating point.

For example if we are spending the day at AK and we want to eat our evening meal at Mama Melrose in HWS should I leave at least an hour for travel time?

is there a route planner available to gauge how long it takes to get from point A to point B?

Cheers :thumbsup2

Hello :wave2:

I'm planning our 14 day holiday next October and it's our first visit to WDW, we are staying at CBR and will be using the Disney buses on site as our main mode of transport.

I am trying to work out where we will be eating and in doing so trying to work out what the "travel time" will be from park to eating point.

For example if we are spending the day at AK and we want to eat our evening meal at Mama Melrose in HWS should I leave at least an hour for travel time?

is there a route planner available to gauge how long it takes to get from point A to point B?

Cheers :thumbsup2

There is a transportation wizard that a lot of people recommend, but it's sometimes inaccurate and will give you a route that doesn't actually exist. I strongly recommend against relying on it.

Generally speaking, you should allow an hour to get between two parks, an hour to get between a resort and a park, and 90 minutes to get between two resorts.

thanks for the info siskaren.I may just leave MK after the 12:30 parade and resort hop and see the decorations and then hit my ADR at FTW then boat back to MK for the evening.

There is a transportation wizard that a lot of people recommend, but it's sometimes inaccurate and will give you a route that doesn't actually exist. I strongly recommend against relying on it.

Generally speaking, you should allow an hour to get between two parks, an hour to get between a resort and a park, and 90 minutes to get between two resorts.

Thanks for the info, do you know where I can fond the transportation wizard?

We are going to WDW for X-mas holiday and looking for some Transportation advice. Have a rental car and will be staying off property.

24 Dec going to AK then to Bluezoo in Dolphin for dinner. Is there a good way to go from one to the other and where do you suggest parking.

We are going to WDW for X-mas holiday and looking for some Transportation advice. Have a rental car and will be staying off property.

24 Dec going to AK then to Bluezoo in Dolphin for dinner. Is there a good way to go from one to the other and where do you suggest parking.
If you're not going to any other parks that day, the simplest route might be to park at the Dolphin in the a.m., pay the $15 fee, and ride the bus to AK. Then ride the bus back to Dolphin at dinner time.

The bus from AK to Dolphin is free, and you don't need to be staying at a Disney resort. You should be at the bus stop at AK 1 hour before your dinner reservation.

But if you park at AK, you can't ride the bus back from Dolphin to AK after AK has closed for the day. Buses don't run from resorts to closed parks, but they do run from open parks to closed parks.

If you finish before 8 p.m., which is DHS closing time, you can ride the boat from Dolphin to DHS, and then ride a bus to AK. There should be transportation cm's wearing orange vests in the DHS load zones around closing time; ask one of them where to get a bus to AK. If you don't see any, ask a bus driver.

If you finish after 8, the remaining option is to ride the bus to MK, then the monorail or ferry to TTC, and then the bus from TTC to AK. That bus should be running until 1 hour after MK closes. (If you see any cm's in orange vests around the MK bus area, check with them before boarding the ferry or monorail.)

You could also park at DHS, and take the bus from DHS to AK in the morning. Then after dinner, you could ride the boat to your car at DHS if they're still running. If the boats have stopped running (around 9 p.m.), there is a lighted walkway to DHS; it's roughly a mile walk.

What's the best way to get from CSR to MK for an 8:00am ressie--taxi or bus?

Sent from my iPad using the DISBoards app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter