Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

What's the best way to get from CSR to MK for an 8:00am ressie--taxi or bus?

Sent from my iPad using the DISBoards app.
If you ride the bus, you should be at your bus stop around 6:45. The bus will drop you at the MK main gate.

Taxis are not allowed to drop off at MK. You can take a taxi to the CR, and walk about 10 minutes to the MK gate. The ride itself will probably be around 15 minutes.

Which is best depends on how you value time vs. money.

If you ride the bus, you should be at your bus stop around 6:45. The bus will drop you at the MK main gate.

Taxis are not allowed to drop off at MK. You can take a taxi to the CR, and walk about 10 minutes to the MK gate. The ride itself will probably be around 15 minutes.

Which is best depends on how you value time vs. money.

Thank you sooooooo very much!!!! :)

Hello! What is the best way to get to Cape May Cafe for a 9 am reservation from POFQ? Also, there is a chef mickeys reservation I would like but it is at 730 a.m. How would I get there if I take it?

Hello! (1) What is the best way to get to Cape May Cafe for a 9 am reservation from POFQ? (2) Also, there is a chef mickeys reservation I would like but it is at 730 a.m. How would I get there if I take it?
  1. Bus to DHS, then boat to BC. Leave about 7:45.
  2. Bus to MK. Be at the bus stop by 6:30. Tell the bus driver you are going to CR; there's a good chance he may offer to drop you there. If not, it's a 10-minute walk from MK.

Hello - looking for some advice for my upcoming trip. I have a sleigh ride ressie at (9:30pm) which I've been told picks up at the Christmas tree across from Crockett's Tavern at Ft Wilderness. Where do the boats drop you off in relation to the tavern? I have Luau ressies at 5:15 earlier that night and hope to hop on the monorail after dinner and then stop at GF to see the gingerbread house and other decorations. Then figured I'd take monorail to MK and then ferry boat to Ft Wilderness. Does this make the most logisitcal sense? I've never been over to Ft Wilderness so not sure what to expect in terms of timing. If I'm at MK waiting for a boat by 8:30 does this give me enough time to get to Ft. Wilderness and checked in?

Hello - looking for some advice for my upcoming trip. I have a sleigh ride ressie at (9:30pm) which I've been told picks up at the Christmas tree across from Crockett's Tavern at Ft Wilderness. Where do the boats drop you off in relation to the tavern? I have Luau ressies at 5:15 earlier that night and hope to hop on the monorail after dinner and then stop at GF to see the gingerbread house and other decorations. Then figured I'd take monorail to MK and then ferry boat to Ft Wilderness. Does this make the most logisitcal sense? I've never been over to Ft Wilderness so not sure what to expect in terms of timing. If I'm at MK waiting for a boat by 8:30 does this give me enough time to get to Ft. Wilderness and checked in?

The boat will drop you off just a short walk up to the Tavern. You can either take the monorail to the MK and then take a boat to FtW from there, or stay on the monorail and get off at the CR and take the boat over from there.

goofy4tink said:
The boat will drop you off just a short walk up to the Tavern. You can either take the monorail to the MK and then take a boat to FtW from there, or stay on the monorail and get off at the CR and take the boat over from there.

Thanks much. Wanted to make sure I had enough time in there and I should as.long as it's just a short walk.

Thanks to you helpful people on this thread, I'm now planning on a taxi to get from CSR to CR to help me get to a Crystal Palace 8:00am ressie.

Where will the taxi drop us off at? I'm assuming at the main entry to the lobby, but I hate to be wrong and end up far away from where I expected to be or lost for a few minutes.

Also, at the taxi drop-off point at CR, are there signs posted for which way to the MK walkway? And what's the average time it takes to walk it? I don't want to estimate wrong and be late.

TIA! :)

Thanks to you helpful people on this thread, I'm now planning on a taxi to get from CSR to CR to help me get to a Crystal Palace 8:00am ressie.

Where will the taxi drop us off at? I'm assuming at the main entry to the lobby, but I hate to be wrong and end up far away from where I expected to be or lost for a few minutes.

Also, at the taxi drop-off point at CR, are there signs posted for which way to the MK walkway? And what's the average time it takes to walk it? I don't want to estimate wrong and be late.

TIA! :)

The cab will drop you at the front entrance of the CR. Then, when you're ready to head to the MK....walk out that front entrance, go right and walk past the bus stops. You will cross the parking lot entrance, and you are now almost beneath the monorail. Keep walking on the sidewalk, cross another street (be sure to use the pedestrian walk button, it can be a busy street) and you're just about to the MK. Takes under 10 mins..I do it in 8.

The cab will drop you at the front entrance of the CR. Then, when you're ready to head to the MK....walk out that front entrance, go right and walk past the bus stops. You will cross the parking lot entrance, and you are now almost beneath the monorail. Keep walking on the sidewalk, cross another street (be sure to use the pedestrian walk button, it can be a busy street) and you're just about to the MK. Takes under 10 mins..I do it in 8.

Super! Thanks! :)

If the test run is over for direct AK to DTD service, what are the options now to go from AK to DTD?

Transfer at a resort. I would probably pick Pop Century because it's on the way and their bus service is generally very good.

Transfer at a resort. I would probably pick Pop Century because it's on the way and their bus service is generally very good.

Ok, take a bus from AK to Pop, then a bus to DTD?

What about a taxi from AK to DTD? Is that an option? Are cabs there?

Thanks

We plan to take the bus from BWV to MK, then the boat to Ft. Wilderness. We have ressies for 6:15 Hoop-De-Doo Revue. What time should we plan to leave Boardwalk?

TIA! :wave2:

We plan to take the bus from BWV to MK, then the boat to Ft. Wilderness. We have ressies for 6:15 Hoop-De-Doo Revue. What time should we plan to leave Boardwalk?

TIA! :wave2:

I would plan on leaving BW by 5, maybe even 4:30. You may possibly have longish waits for both the bus and the boat. Of course, you could also have the bus and/or boat arrive just as you get there. No way to tell. But it's so much better to be really early vs late!! Much less stressful. And you need to be at Pioneer Hall around 5:45-6 to get checked in.

I know the blue flag boats go b/t CR, Ft Wilderness and WL. What is the order? I have a sleigh ride ressie at ft wilderness and afterwards I would like to go to WL to check out decorations. Wondering if the boat goes to CR first or WL.

I know the blue flag boats go b/t CR, Ft Wilderness and WL. What is the order? I have a sleigh ride ressie at ft wilderness and afterwards I would like to go to WL to check out decorations. Wondering if the boat goes to CR first or WL.
Last I heard, there were 2 boats on the route, one circling in each direction.

2 questions...
We're staying at AKV. What are the routes for buses? I thought I read something about the bus going to Kidani first then Jambo then the parks...

Also the boat from HS that goes to Beach Club... is there another boat that goes the opposite direction or just one that goes all the time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter