Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

My family is staying at SSR. I'd love to show the littles the Electrical Boat Parade outside one of the MK resorts on a non park night as a throwback to when I was a kid staying at Fort Wilderness.

Any tips for how to do this using only Disney transportation? (We have a group of 15 so uber/lyft would be hard to swing.)

Okw to Disney springs, is there a way to walk? So disappointed the boats aren’t running
I checked this out today. The path is still there, and it is open from dawn until dusk. The only thing is that it ends in the Strawberry lot, which is now cast parking, so the Guest entrance to DS from that lot is closed. You have to continue walking to the charter bus loop, and from there walk past Cirque to the security checkpoint near NBA Experience. Total walk is 1.4 mi.

Here's what the trail entrance between buildings 54 & 55 at OKW looks like:

... and the sign at the entrance:

After you cross the bridge, just follow along the canal.

We are staying at the Grand Floridian July 11-19, 2021. I know there the monorail station is down at the Polynesian due to construction; is this affecting the monorail at the GF in anyway? Thanks in advance!

We are staying at the Grand Floridian July 11-19, 2021. I know there the monorail station is down at the Polynesian due to construction; is this affecting the monorail at the GF in anyway? Thanks in advance!
It didn’t in April when we were there for spring break. If anything it helped as there weren’t as many people on it.

Hello. :)

DH and I will be in HS on 6/20 and want to park hop to AK for a late lunch/early dinner at Tuskar House now that it's opening. Assuming I manage to snag an ADR, how long would I need to allow to travel from HS to AK, enter AK, and make our way to the restaurant? I read earlier in the thread that buses start running between parks around 1:30.

We're staying at the Contemporary later this month and have lunch reservations for Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. Is our best bet to walk over to MK and hop on the WL ferry? I *think* the Contemporary->WL ferry isn't running right now? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hello. :)

DH and I will be in HS on 6/20 and want to park hop to AK for a late lunch/early dinner at Tuskar House now that it's opening. Assuming I manage to snag an ADR, how long would I need to allow to travel from HS to AK, enter AK, and make our way to the restaurant? I read earlier in the thread that buses start running between parks around 1:30.
The rule of thumb is to allow 90 minutes to get to a dining reservation. It sounds like a lot but allows for waits for buses, entrance, walking to restaurant. If your reservation is close to when park hopping starts the buses may run a bit more frequently but I would allow a minimum of 60 minutes.

We're staying at the Contemporary later this month and have lunch reservations for Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. Is our best bet to walk over to MK and hop on the WL ferry? I *think* the Contemporary->WL ferry isn't running right now? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, that sounds like your best option. You're correct, the blue flag ferry is not running.

My family is staying at SSR. I'd love to show the littles the Electrical Boat Parade outside one of the MK resorts on a non park night as a throwback to when I was a kid staying at Fort Wilderness.

Any tips for how to do this using only Disney transportation? (We have a group of 15 so uber/lyft would be hard to swing.)
Personally I'd ride a Magic Kingdom bus to the park before closing. Then ride the monorail to a resort or walk to the Contemporary or Grand Floridian. If you stay late you will need to ride a Disney Springs bus to The Springs and the transfer to a Saratoga Springs bus.

Personally I'd ride a Magic Kingdom bus to the park before closing. Then ride the monorail to a resort or walk to the Contemporary or Grand Floridian. If you stay late you will need to ride a Disney Springs bus to The Springs and the transfer to a Saratoga Springs bus.

Thank you!

What is the best way to get from CBR to Il Mulino? We are going for dinner. I’m trying to factor in tired feet when planning my route.

What is the best way to get from CBR to Il Mulino? We are going for dinner. I’m trying to factor in tired feet when planning my route.
You could ride Skyliner to either DHS or Epcot, and then Friendship Boat to Swan, as long as it's during one of those park's open hours.

After those parks have closed and either Skyliner or Friendship Boats have ceased operations for the day, the only free option is to use buses and transfer at DS, or at MK if it's still open.

What is the best way to get from BWI to Riveria Resort for a breakfast reservation at 9am at Topolinos?

Yes, Boardwalk Inn. Is the skyliner is up and running at 8 or 8:30am to get to a reservation at 9am?

Yes because it is taking guests to DHS.

That being said you will want to leave time to possibly line up for the Skyliner as it could be busy taking guests to DHS.

Ok...and because i'm really new with the skyliner, Do I walk over to DHS to get on skyliner there to go to Riveria or am I walking over to Epcot to get there?

Ok...and because i'm really new with the skyliner, Do I walk over to DHS to get on skyliner there to go to Riveria or am I walking over to Epcot to get there?
No, crossover the bridge as if you are going to the international gateway at Epcot and take it directly to Riviera.

You will want to go to Epcot and take it from there for sure! On the Epcot line it's the first station on your way to CBR. If you took the DHS line you would need to go from DHS to CBR and transfer to the Epcot line. The first option is much more direct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter