***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Thanks for the report! I was actually trying to figure out my order strategy also. Doing MK on Park day 2 (62 days out) and need 7DMT for 20 (yes, 20 haha), but not until the evening around 6-7PM. Willing to stagger times as needed. Then need FOP for 23 (picking up more people!), but again in the evening around 6PM, and 64 days out. Currently haggling over which to book first next Tuesday AM! Any suggestions or well wishes welcomed

Total FP success this morning! We were able to get all of the above and every other one we needed, all at our exact preferred times or +\- only 5-10 minutes based on our expected touring plans!

Woke up at 4am (west coast) to do our fastpasses and got everything we wanted! FOP at the time we wanted on days 3/7, FEA on day 6, 7dmt on day 5. Only thing we couldn’t get was Peter Pan on day 2, so we moved that to day 5!

I live in Houston, so I feel your pain! I didn't have to leave my house, but that storm set me back several weeks. I didn't have a good Fast Pass plan until about 36 hours before my window opened.

Your family knows what you are going through, and whatever passes you get are going to be good. And the good news is WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!! You deserve a wonderful trip, and I hope the Disney magic comes through for you.

I'm in Pasadena, we got about 9" throughout our whole house. We lost so much stuff, plus our house had hardwood floors so those were ruined, and our kitchen had to be gutted.

Just in case any of you are DVC members, January 11th and 28th, there will be Moonlight Magic at the Magic Kingdom. Im gonna sign up when it opens up.

Just in case any of you are DVC members, January 11th and 28th, there will be Moonlight Magic at the Magic Kingdom. Im gonna sign up when it opens up.
Will this impact crowds during the day? We’re scheduled to be at MK on the 28th and I’m wondering if we should move that around? What about early morning magic?

We're at 40 days now! In our bedroom we have a countdown calendar. This trip is what's keeping my husband and I going through the stress of normal life. Every day we look at each other and get excited all over again!

Woke up at 4am (west coast) to do our fastpasses and got everything we wanted!
Me too.

I woke up at 4AM yesterday and it turned out the the 60 day window doesn't start on our arrival day. So I had to wake up at 4AM twice...

Just noticed that there are now TWO Rivers of Lights shows the second week of January. Might want to go recheck the calendar for the week you are traveling.

So made our fastpass selection last Saturday and for the most part, I got everything we wanted. Talk about stressful! It was my daughters birthday party on Friday night and we had 8 girls sleeping over in our basement and of course, our computer is in our basement! (I really need to invest in a laptop!) I didn't want to risk doing it all on my phone so needless to say, I was pretty nervous the night before about how it was going to turn out. Luckily I have early risers and everyone was up by 6:30am and I was able to book them in peace. :) My concern is that I managed to snag FOP fastpasses but only at 4:15pm. Our AK day is 60+1 so I'm thankful I was able to grab them but I have a dining reservation at 4:30pm at Tusker house for the ROL package. Anyone know how long they will keep the reservation for us? I know there is a very slim chance that we will make it in time and unfortunately that is the latest time that they book the ROL package. I do have a back-up 5:30pm reservation for dinner but I don't get the ROL priority seating and I don't want to waste a fastpass on ROL. We'll see it if we manage to get in but honestly, we won't be entirely disappointed if we miss it. We'd rather do rides anyway. So, debating on trying to get to FOP at rope drop and switching our fastpasses to something else the day of if we are successful and then we can go to our 4:30pm reservation. Or keep our fastpass as is and rope drop Na'vi instead and cancel our 4:30pm reservation with ROL and just try to walk-in ROL if we want to go. Decisions decisions!

Made fastpasses this morning, wasn't able to get FOP for our arrival day but I knew it was a long shot. We are staying at AKL for just the first night so was hoping to have arrival day be AK day. Had to use my backup plan and was able to get FOP for later in the week at least. Hoping the time flies now that thanksgiving and fast passes are done!

It’s been a while since i updated the group about my Disney diet. I know you guys have been waiting on pins and needles to hear about it :teeth:

Started on June 26 at 195 wanting to get to 170 by Jan 8 (for our vacation)...

I weighed in at 152 this morning!!! 43 lbs lost. Over the moon. New goal for Disney vacation is 140/145 (I’ll take either and be thrilled).

I started this so i can go on vacation a happy healthy mommy and just to feel good about myself and to truly enjoy my time without the “are you too fat to ride this ride” and “i hate my double chin in these pictures” mind games, but it has truly changed my life, my quality of life, my confidence and my health!

I’m ready for Disney, but I’m really ready to just live a healthy life! :cloud9:

It’s been a while since i updated the group about my Disney diet. I know you guys have been waiting on pins and needles to hear about it :teeth:

Started on June 26 at 195 wanting to get to 170 by Jan 8 (for our vacation)...

I weighed in at 152 this morning!!! 43 lbs lost. Over the moon. New goal for Disney vacation is 140/145 (I’ll take either and be thrilled).

I started this so i can go on vacation a happy healthy mommy and just to feel good about myself and to truly enjoy my time without the “are you too fat to ride this ride” and “i hate my double chin in these pictures” mind games, but it has truly changed my life, my quality of life, my confidence and my health!

I’m ready for Disney, but I’m really ready to just live a healthy life! :cloud9:
I am so happy for you and a teensy bit jealous. Enjoy the new you!

....... My concern is that I managed to snag FOP fastpasses but only at 4:15pm. Our AK day is 60+1 so I'm thankful I was able to grab them but I have a dining reservation at 4:30pm at Tusker house for the ROL package. Anyone know how long they will keep the reservation for us? I know there is a very slim chance that we will make it in time and unfortunately that is the latest time that they book the ROL package. I do have a back-up 5:30pm reservation for dinner but I don't get the ROL priority seating and I don't want to waste a fastpass on ROL. We'll see it if we manage to get in but honestly, we won't be entirely disappointed if we miss it. We'd rather do rides anyway. So, debating on trying to get to FOP at rope drop and switching our fastpasses to something else the day of if we are successful and then we can go to our 4:30pm reservation. Or keep our fastpass as is and rope drop Na'vi instead and cancel our 4:30pm reservation with ROL and just try to walk-in ROL if we want to go. Decisions decisions!

I have no idea what the best strategy is, but I want to thank you for letting us know that the ROL packages are now open. I had booked a Tusker house reservation as a placeholder, but for 5:30, knowing full well that we would have to push it to make it to ROL. It's time for me to rethink my touring plan!

As far as how long they will hold your table, I can say that at Disneyland, we showed up late at 2 of our reservations, and they still seated us. Maybe they saw our 2 year old and felt sorry for us! I bet if you called them from FOP and told them you were on your way, it would be ok.

And just so you know, your 4:30 reservation at Tusker House is a rarity. I just checked for our AK day, and the best I could get was 3:30 at Tusker House and 3:15 at Tiffins. I would hold onto that, until your are absotively posilutely sure that you will do something different.

I am considering skipping ROL, since they had to change the show, but the story line didn't get revised to match it. But then again, I might cancel Tusker House because we already have a lot of character meals books, and do QS instead. Decisions decisions indeed!

Last edited:
So made our fastpass selection last Saturday and for the most part, I got everything we wanted. Talk about stressful! It was my daughters birthday party on Friday night and we had 8 girls sleeping over in our basement and of course, our computer is in our basement! (I really need to invest in a laptop!) I didn't want to risk doing it all on my phone so needless to say, I was pretty nervous the night before about how it was going to turn out. Luckily I have early risers and everyone was up by 6:30am and I was able to book them in peace. :) My concern is that I managed to snag FOP fastpasses but only at 4:15pm. Our AK day is 60+1 so I'm thankful I was able to grab them but I have a dining reservation at 4:30pm at Tusker house for the ROL package. Anyone know how long they will keep the reservation for us? I know there is a very slim chance that we will make it in time and unfortunately that is the latest time that they book the ROL package. I do have a back-up 5:30pm reservation for dinner but I don't get the ROL priority seating and I don't want to waste a fastpass on ROL. We'll see it if we manage to get in but honestly, we won't be entirely disappointed if we miss it. We'd rather do rides anyway. So, debating on trying to get to FOP at rope drop and switching our fastpasses to something else the day of if we are successful and then we can go to our 4:30pm reservation. Or keep our fastpass as is and rope drop Na'vi instead and cancel our 4:30pm reservation with ROL and just try to walk-in ROL if we want to go. Decisions decisions!
I would keep FOP FP at 4:15, cancel the 4:30 ROL package, and keep the 5:30 TH. My reasoning is you don't want to rush FOP trying to get there (or miss it because you are late). You can keep the 5:30 TH and then do standby seating at ROL, and this way you get to do everything you wanted. While the ROL priority seating/FP would be cool, I have heard it's not needed, and especially likely wouldn't be needed when you are going (lower crowd season). Worst case scenario, you can't get standby (highly doubt it), and like you said, you just skip a 15 minute show that won't make or break your day and seems to have very mixed reviews. Also, by keeping the FOP FP, you can rope drop Na'vi like you had planned, and get both rides!

Yay today is the 1st December.

Now I know some people arrive this month and I know some people don’t arrive to the very end of Jan...

But as it’s now December I can point out that all of us will be in Disney at some point Next Month - and that has definitely made me smile :goodvibes

Hi all, coming down for the ProBowl on Jan. 28, staying at Saratoga... was wondering/ hoping someone had a suggestion to get transportation from Disney to the game and back on Gameday??? Is there a bus? Is anyone else going maybe we could split costs? Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions, TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter