• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official July 2018 Thread!

Well the Disney tech gods made me pay for it by taking an HOUR to make FP for 5 days. Again I used the app, my laptop and an iPad alternating between the app, safari, and chrome. Chrome seemed to work best, but after every FP made I'd get Olaf and then have to log out/log in, try again. People kept disappearing and reappearing from plans. I eventually got everything I wanted at times I wanted but it took more than a little effort.

It was a painful morning! It took me almost an hour to get my FP. Got all of them, a couple times aren’t ideal, but are doable. Will keep checking back to see if I can modify.

Updated plans below:
Trip has been updated from a friend trip down to our 5 year wedding anniversary trip.
July 5: Depart Ohio and begin drive down

July 6: Arrive at GF between 10:00AM and 12:00PM
Lunch: Unknown
Dinner: The Knife (steakhouse off property at Crossroads [last time there as they are closing due to I-4 expansion])
Starlight Safari (10:00p) (possibly cancelling)

July 7: Shopping day
Dinner: 'Ohana (7:45p)

July 8: MK
Breakfast: CRT (9:20a)
7DMT
Space Mtn
BTMRR
Dinner: Be Our Guest (6:45p)

July 9: Epcot
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare (9:25a)
Test Track
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land
Dinner: Cape May Cafe (7:30p)

July 10: AK
Expedition Everest
Kilimanjaro Safari
FOP
Dinner: V&A (7:00p)

July 11: DHS/Epcot
Breakfast: Cape May Cafe (9:15a)
Slinky Dog Dash
Rockin' Rollercoaster
Tower of Terror
Dinner: Highway in Sky Dine Around (6:00p)

July 12: Typhoon Lagoon
Dinner: CG (9:35p)

July 13: MK
KTTK (9:00p)
Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Space Mtn
7DMT
Dinner: Be Our Guest (7:05p)

July 14: Check-out and departure back to reality.

It was a painful morning! It took me almost an hour to get my FP. Got all of them, a couple times aren’t ideal, but are doable. Will keep checking back to see if I can modify.

Ouch! I feel lucky that mine went so smoothly. I hope you get the times you want!

We will be doing our first split stay in July:
July 12-16 BWI
July 16 -21 Poly CL
Looking forward to our first split stay. We will be doing EP,HS, and AK during our BWI stay and MK and AK during our Poly stay.

Added a few extras like EMM and the SWAGS dessert party. Will also try the Void this trip.

Finalizing our ADRs but so far are doing
repeats-Beaches and Cream, Il Mulino, Yak and Yeti, Cali grill, Ohana, Crystal Palace, and Biergarten
new- Morimoto, Garden Grill, HBD

We have a few rest days built in and I'm so looking forward to our vacation!!

Last edited:

You'll be there at the same time as I will be!! :) Wave if you see us!

I think (emphasis on think) I added everyone's dates to the front page. If you don't see yours let me know! Sometimes I miss people as I'm scrolling!

Please add DD Midori, and Her Friends Lucy and Madison

My DD and Friends have started their plans...DD has fast passes all booked

7/22 - Check In All Star Movie
7/23 - Disney Springs - T-Rex - Lunch 12:15 PM
7/24 - Epcot - Beaches & Cream - Afternoon Break - Craving the Kitchen Sink
7/25 - MK - Dining (Open)
7/26 - AK - O'Hana - Dinner 3:45 PM
7/27 - Hollywood - 50's Prime Time - Dinner 7:30 PM
7/28 - MK - Beast Castle - Lunch 11:30 AM

We booked a last minute trip three days ago, when airfare became reasonable and I was able to get a great annual passholder's discount for the Yacht Club. We were at the BC last 4th of July and we enjoyed it so much that we decided to do it again this year.

Our dates are June 30th to July 5th at the YC,

I was able to get fp's at 32 days out for everything that I wanted except, of course the two new Toy Story rides. I didn't even try for FoP. I knew I wouldn't get that. I was also able to get the restaurant reservations that I wanted. We are really excited to be going back for the 4th of July activities this year. :)

It stinks that so many are having so much trouble with the FP system.

I finally got the dogsitter situation worked out. I just need to figure out a schedule to send to everyone but it should all be covered. Phew! So glad that's done. 30 days out! I need to start getting my home in order and start to gather our stuff together.

It was terrible for the first 20 minutes or so. Just didn't want to load. Finally just as I had to leave to take my son to school it started working. Got everything I wanted and I think good times. I"ll probably spend the next 60 days modyfing them.
Glad it worked out well.

Yay!!!!! I got the "we officially go to Disney next month!" text from one of my travel buddies :) 36 days for me!

Woohoo! That's a fun text. It's cool that your travel buddies are pumped. I don't think we have anyone that would travel with us that would be as excited as us.

I'm eager for TSL opening info. I will be in WDW when it opens but won't be in HS till the 4th of July. I'm hoping there's some type of soft-opening or preview so I can research a little before we get there. I just have no idea what we'll be walking into on the 4th. Which is exciting but also making me nervous. I'm not used to not having all my Disney plans laid out for me. Eeek!

It was terrible for the first 20 minutes or so. Just didn't want to load. Finally just as I had to leave to take my son to school it started working. Got everything I wanted and I think good times. I"ll probably spend the next 60 days modyfing them.
I'd like to try modifying my fastpasses, but don't you have to give yours up before you can even see what's still available? I'd be way too worried about losing the ones I had!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter