***Official June 2022 Thread***

Hi all! After cancelling several trips due to COVID, DH and I decided today to use our flight credits and head down as soon as DH15 and DD12 finish school in June. We have not been since 2014. DD is a huge Harry Potter fan, so we’re looking at heading to Universal on 6/21, doing Volcano Bay on our check out day of 6/24 and then heading to Disney until 7/2. Current ressie is BWI, but would prefer BC or YC if I can get them at a decent price. Looking forward to planning with everyone—I am usually pretty compulsive about vacation planning but may have to be a little more flexible this time given the late notice, crowds and bad reviews of Genie+/Lightening Lane. But we will make it work!

Hi all! After cancelling several trips due to COVID, DH and I decided today to use our flight credits and head down as soon as DH15 and DD12 finish school in June. We have not been since 2014. DD is a huge Harry Potter fan, so we’re looking at heading to Universal on 6/21, doing Volcano Bay on our check out day of 6/24 and then heading to Disney until 7/2. Current ressie is BWI, but would prefer BC or YC if I can get them at a decent price. Looking forward to planning with everyone—I am usually pretty compulsive about vacation planning but may have to be a little more flexible this time given the late notice, crowds and bad reviews of Genie+/Lightening Lane. But we will make it work!

Hello and welcome! Sorry it took a few to get back to you. The whole house has been sick this week. I have your dates down, and look forward to hearing your plans.

Glad to see a June 2022 thread!

We are going June 22-July 1st staying at BWI and then switching to Poly.

Happy trip planning all!

If we're staying offsite, do we still use magicbands?

I'm also debating parkhopping. We'll have 5 days in the parks, and are planning on getting there around lunchtime. Does it even make sense to pay the money to add PH? I'm so used to being onsite and having the freedom to go back for breaks, PH and have tickets for all of our days, that i'm not really sure how to plan.

I'm also debating parkhopping. We'll have 5 days in the parks, and are planning on getting there around lunchtime. Does it even make sense to pay the money to add PH? I'm so used to being onsite and having the freedom to go back for breaks, PH and have tickets for all of our days, that i'm not really sure how to plan.

This is just a personal opinion here, but the only time I have ever really found value in park hopper is when we are staying at an Epcot resort. We like to go to whatever park during the day, then head back to our hotel and over to Epcot for diner. If we are staying on the monorail loop we don't get park hopper. I guess only you can determine if the value is there for you though, especially if your planning late arrival to the parks.

You can still use magic bands when staying offsite yes.

Last edited:
This is just a personal opinion here, but the only time I have ever really found value in park hopper is when we are staying at an Epcot resort. We like to go to whatever park during the day, then head back to our hotel and over to Epcot for diner. If we are staying on the monorail loop we don't get park hopper. I guess only you can determine if the value is there for you though, especially if your planning late arrival to the parks.

You can still use magic bands when staying offsite yes.

Thanks :) Personal opinions are exactly what i want...i really need to look at planning from other people's perspectives, it's harder than i thought to get out of my planning/vacay comfort zone.

I'm thinking with 5 days, we hit every park once, then figure out what one we want to do twice.

I'm also debating parkhopping. We'll have 5 days in the parks, and are planning on getting there around lunchtime. Does it even make sense to pay the money to add
The reason we ALWAYS get them is rain/storms. If a day is a washout and or/storms take down a lot of rides I want the flexibility to be have a do-over evening later. We’ve been a few times in June with major rains and storms on and off all week, it’s put me in a fear mindset. 😂

The reason we ALWAYS get them is rain/storms. If a day is a washout and or/storms take down a lot of rides I want the flexibility to be have a do-over evening later. We’ve been a few times in June with major rains and storms on and off all week, it’s put me in a fear mindset. 😂

Thanks! My fear is...what if i want to go back to another park or miss something lol

I tend to get bad FOMO too. 😆 With as many times as we've been to Disney, you would think I would be over it, but nope.

Thanks :) Personal opinions are exactly what i want...i really need to look at planning from other people's perspectives, it's harder than i thought to get out of my planning/vacay comfort zone.

I'm thinking with 5 days, we hit every park once, then figure out what one we want to do twice.

We have an 8 day park hopper ticket and still only have half a day planned for Animal Kingdom. We just never really enjoy that park as much. At this point I think we only go so my oldest can ride Everest. (Hope the referb is done by then!) Even with all the construction going on, Epcot is still our multi day park. With the festivals, food, my favorite ride, and less crowds, I love it. But that's just me. 🙂

My biggest worry is meal reservations this year... there are some restaurants that are a must for us!

I tend to get bad FOMO too. 😆 With as many times as we've been to Disney, you would think I would be over it, but nope.

We have an 8 day park hopper ticket and still only have half a day planned for Animal Kingdom. We just never really enjoy that park as much. At this point I think we only go so my oldest can ride Everest. (Hope the referb is done by then!) Even with all the construction going on, Epcot is still our multi day park. With the festivals, food, my favorite ride, and less crowds, I love it. But that's just me. 🙂

My biggest worry is meal reservations this year... there are some restaurants that are a must for us!

Same, and the fact that i know we'll be back. it's not like this is our only trip.

We love Epcot, and i could def spend more than one day there but DD hates it. I think MK will be our 2 time park.

We're only doing 2 Disney TS this year, Ohana for breakfast and 50s for lunch/dinner. I was looking at the menus and DD's bestie has a tendency to order the most expensive thing on the menu (like seriously, this girl is all i'll have the filet or the shrimp mac and cheese while i get a burger or chicken alfredo), so i'm sticking with those 2 becasue the price range is a little better. She is like our second daughter, and i wouldn't tell DD she couldn't order something, so i wouldn't do that to her. We're also going to do Capone's one night for dinner.

To piggyback on my MB question, will my 2020 one still work? I've heard about the batteries dying and not working for photopass.

To piggyback on my MB question, will my 2020 one still work? I've heard about the batteries dying and not working for photopass.

If you are using an older magic band (think about 3years+) then yes the batteries could have died. It will affect some ride pictures and things like your name appearing on the Small World exit wall. Bands will still work just fine for anything that taps though, so doors, tickets and photos that tap the band will still be fine.

I have about 30 magic bands that we use, and I honestly have no idea which ones still have working batteries. Photopass always tapped the band, and well...I wouldn't really want some of those ride photos. (thinking Buzz Lightyear here 😆) But if you are worried about it, you can always buy some new bands and just connect them to your account.

Last edited:
If you are using an older magic band (think about 3years+) then yes the batteries could have died. It will affect some ride pictures and things like your name appearing on the Small World exit wall. Bands will still work just fine for anything that taps though, so doors, tickets and photos that tap the band will still be fine.

I have about 30 magic bands that we use, and I honestly have no idea which ones still have working batteries. Photopass always tapped the band, and well...I wouldn't really want some of those ride photos. (thinking Buzz Lightyear here 😆) But if you are worried about it, you can always buy some new bands and just connect them to your account.

I was trying not to buy new bands, it sounds like i won't have to as long as i use my 2020 ones. I can give DD DH's band from 2020, in case her and her friend want to do some stuff without us and i'll use mine. That way we can still get the ride pics. Other than that, we won't need them since we're off site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter