• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

We drive to Dallas Saturday for departure early Sunday morning! :shamrock: My husband took a look at the pile I had on the bed for pre-packing today and asked if I was cleaning out my closet. I'm not even taking that much stuff, but I like having options, including the option to change mid-day if I feel sweaty!!

Landed back safe and sound in Phoenix. Well, mostly, seeing how Southwest LOST MY LUGGAGE :headache::headache::headache::headache::headache: fingers crossed it shows up at some point today like they said it would....

No packing for us this weekend since I worked on Saturday and spent most of Sunday in the emergency room. It seems that I have pancreatitis. Annoying but it will not going to affect our trip. We still have a little over 2 weeks before we leave so we still have plenty of time to pack.

We drive to Dallas Saturday for departure early Sunday morning! :shamrock: My husband took a look at the pile I had on the bed for pre-packing today and asked if I was cleaning out my closet. I'm not even taking that much stuff, but I like having options, including the option to change mid-day if I feel sweaty!!

Men don’t get it we need options!
Landed back safe and sound in Phoenix. Well, mostly, seeing how Southwest LOST MY LUGGAGE :headache::headache::headache::headache::headache: fingers crossed it shows up at some point today like they said it would....

Welcome back hopefully you’ll get your luggage soon.

Just got back from 5 day trip

Great time, crowds seemed less than previous

Can’t wait until July already tweaking our plans

Glad you had a great time how exciting to come back and have your next trip so close.

Got packed today. We leave Thursday afternoon. This week is gonna drag!

Me too packed yesterday flying out early Saturday morning.

No packing for us this weekend since I worked on Saturday and spent most of Sunday in the emergency room. It seems that I have pancreatitis. Annoying but it will not going to affect our trip. We still have a little over 2 weeks before we leave so we still have plenty of time to pack.

Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:

Here is just a bit of how our first two days went. We had gotten a hotel room near the airport since we had such an early flight. Barely anyone slept that night so we were all exhausted and miserable the morning we left. DS did awesome in his first plane ride and even fell asleep for a bit. Once we arrived though it was like someone hit a switch in my kid. He is generally a very well mannered little boy who listens extremely well for a 5 year old. Well apparently not in Disney. We had multiple temper tantrums and yells of “NO!” that first day. I’m sure it was from the lack of sleep. The plan was to hit Epcot for a bit that day but once we had lunch then got to the room everyone except DA was exhausted. We decided to just rest until it was time for dinner reservations at coral reef at 5:30. Of course DS decides to fall asleep at 4:00. We tried to wake him but he was next level miserable so my mom sacrificed going to dinner and stayed at the room with DS so DH and I could still have dinner. So already planning for next time...get a later flight and make no plans for day 1 lol.

So the 2nd day was much better. MK day! We had breakfast at Crystal Palace which DS ate great at but refused to take pics with the Pooh gang. We hit Pirates first which DS found scary. Stopped a Philharmagic next which is super cute! Then fast pass for Peter Pan’s flight. Standby at Small World but the 45 minute wait went fairly quick. When it was time for splash mountain we found it was closed. Super bummed about that because it’s one of our favorites and it was pretty warm out so we needed the drenching. Got a universal fast pass though so we grabbed DS a snack then headed to buzz lightyear’s space ranger spin and fast passed that which DS loved. Made the mistake of taking DS on carousel of progress though as that just made him tired and want to go back to the hotel. However we had fast passes for 7DMT in 20 minutes so he had to power through lol. So glad he did cause he absolutely loved it! After that back to YC to enjoy the awesome pool. Now onto the epic fail. We had dinner reservations at 6:50 at Yachtsman steakhouse. Which is one of my favorite restaurants at WDW. We all took turns keeping DS awake while we got ready as we could see him starting to fade. We made it to dinner and thank god we got a booth cause DS passed out after the appetizers. We got his dinner boxes up and just let him rest in the booth. The rest of us got amazing steaks and alll was wonderful until...my mom got a piece of steak caught in her throat and I nearly had to perform the Heimlich on her. After that she didn’t want to eat anymore and I felt so bad for her that I couldn’t eat either. We got everything boxed up and came back to the room. Then remembered there was no microwave so no way to heat up the food. Oh well so much for that dinner.

Today is our third day and DS’s 5th birthday so it’s all about him today (but really when isn’t it lol). Off to DHS today and DS for early dinner and birthday present shopping. I’ll check back in tomorrow!

Just got an email from meijer (which is like target/Walmart but a little more more grocery-based) that they are doing a $5 reward for every $50 in gift cards up to $500 in gift cards. We have paid for almost our entire trip buying gift cards when they run this promo. So basically we saved 10% AND got points for our credit card to use toward (hopefully) a cruise in the next 2 years. I wasn’t sure if they’d wait until April (closer to Easter) to do this promo. Super excited to save a little more money, because that just means more snacks for me.

If only we could link gift cards for mobile food orders.

8 more days! The sun is finally shining, and I cannot wait for some warm weather.

Just got an email from meijer (which is like target/Walmart but a little more more grocery-based) that they are doing a $5 reward for every $50 in gift cards up to $500 in gift cards. We have paid for almost our entire trip buying gift cards when they run this promo. So basically we saved 10% AND got points for our credit card to use toward (hopefully) a cruise in the next 2 years. I wasn’t sure if they’d wait until April (closer to Easter) to do this promo. Super excited to save a little more money, because that just means more snacks for me.

If only we could link gift cards for mobile food orders.

8 more days! The sun is finally shining, and I cannot wait for some warm weather.
Thanks for the heads up.

Weather forecast for next week is not looking that great. I’m bringing ponchos but wondering if we should bring our rain jackets since rain looks to be a certainty on most days. Data points?

Rain is starting to show up during my trip days too. It's showing 50 percent chance of rain for our magic kingdom day. If it holds off till the afternoon I can deal with that.
It's Florida so rain is possible almost any day.

First day today! Took Lyft from Hard Rock to the Boardwalk yesterday about 5 and just hung out at the pool and relaxed. Haven’t stayed here before-our studio villa is very nice and we have a wonderful view.

This morning was EMM at MK. It was Ok (I have a more extensive review in the thread regarding that event). Not sure it was worth the money but glad to have knocked out most of FL in one morning on this short trip. After that, we headed to AK for the rest of the day. This was stressful at first-transportation was fine but I had made the mistake of not upgrading to hoppers until I got there and that took forever. They had some huge problem uograding my tickets bought from Undercover Tourist. Finished literally 4 minutes before our grace period on Everest was up-they had said they could “help me” if it took too long but then told us to go and said we could make it no problem. Of course, we didn’t even make it through the tapstyles in four minutes. I was so stressed-fortunately, the attendant at the queue let us through no problem. Finally did FOP-this was the best ride we’ve ever been on. Absolutely amazing, and now we are trying to find another FP this week. Had a nice time relaxing with a drink and food at Nomad Lounge-the patio there is wonderful. Back to the hotel at 3:30 or so-pool and laundry and a mai tai :).

I ordered some Reusable Silicone and Stainless Steel Straws with cleaners in a pouch yesterday. I am not sure if we will need them but I got them just in case. My son won't drink off the side of a cup but will use a straw. He is a strange one. I will buy the mickey ear ones at the park too, just because.

Late reply but we’ve been busy in the parks so I’m just catching up!

I was worried about straws, too, but we’ve found them everywhere without a problem. At AK they were paper straws, everywhere else has been plastic. Sometimes they’ve had the paper wrapped ones and we’ve taken extras for just in case, but haven’t needed them.

Lids are another story...we did see them our first day, and I wish I had grabbed extra! I know Sunshine Seasons at Epcot has them.

30 more hours until we leave! We are completely packed except for chargers and toiletries that we use every day. It’s going to be hard making it through 2 more days of work. Daylight savings is getting to me and we are going to lose another hour going to Florida so I’m gonna be all messed up next week.
I’m starting to stress about the rain forecast next week. Particularly the Saturday. Right now they are calling for 80% chance of rain. It’s our first day in MK. I know we’ll be back 2 more times so I’m trying to stay positive. The other day with a high chance of rain is Epcot. But my daughter and I realized all the rides are indoors so other than not being able to see the garden festival stuff, it wouldn’t affect that day too horribly.

Late reply but we’ve been busy in the parks so I’m just catching up!

I was worried about straws, too, but we’ve found them everywhere without a problem. At AK they were paper straws, everywhere else has been plastic. Sometimes they’ve had the paper wrapped ones and we’ve taken extras for just in case, but haven’t needed them.

Lids are another story...we did see them our first day, and I wish I had grabbed extra! I know Sunshine Seasons at Epcot has them.

Thanks for the update. We are bringing a cup with a built in lid and straw for my little man, so he is covered. The wife and I will just roll with the flow!

30 more hours until we leave! We are completely packed except for chargers and toiletries that we use every day. It’s going to be hard making it through 2 more days of work. Daylight savings is getting to me and we are going to lose another hour going to Florida so I’m gonna be all messed up next week.
I’m starting to stress about the rain forecast next week. Particularly the Saturday. Right now they are calling for 80% chance of rain. It’s our first day in MK. I know we’ll be back 2 more times so I’m trying to stay positive. The other day with a high chance of rain is Epcot. But my daughter and I realized all the rides are indoors so other than not being able to see the garden festival stuff, it wouldn’t affect that day too horribly.
I hit the road tomorrow at 1ish. I am slightly nervous about the forecast, but we have our ponchos. Also, we will have a stroller, so we may grab some small umbrellas just for extra protection. :)
I am just ready to start all my plans I've been working on for so long, fun to see it in action. :D

Eek! I am getting so excited. I'm getting my packing list together so I don't forget anything. Got to remember ponchos!

Don't stress too much about rain. The bright side is, a lot of people leave the park if it gets rainy. We had one really rainy day a few years back in June. Tons of people left the park. Shorter wait times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter