"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they release the 2017 Guide the same time as the tickets? Or does that not come until closer to the event?

2017 Guide? Party Map?

If referring to Party Map (this is all Disney releases/paper version only), sites will post on day of 1st party. Sometimes a CM is on the threads & you may get it day before party. But PP upload to their websites.

If referring to 2017 Guide, like what to do, where to go, treats, character locations, etc? The available info will be on Post #1. BTW- Disney doesn't list where characters are located, but someone will post & then will also add to Post #1. Last year PP provided an MNSSHP map where all the characters were actually located with map key. So hope that is available this year for MVMCP.

Post #1 is updated (details added) as event info is released.

If referring to Party Map (this is all Disney releases/paper version only), sites will post on day of 1st party. Sometimes a CM is on the threads & you may get it day before party. But PP upload to their websites.

This is terrifying for an uber-planner/control freak like me who will be attending MVMCP for the first time (on the second night!). Do they typically make a lot of changes from previous years? If not, hopefully I can use the 2016 Party Map as a guide. :scared:

This is terrifying for an uber-planner/control freak like me who will be attending MVMCP for the first time (on the second night!). Do they typically make a lot of changes from previous years? If not, hopefully I can use the 2016 Party Map as a guide. :scared:
Don't trust prior year guide for characters I did and wasted 45 mins walking from circus to liberty for sandy claws - of course mid walk stopped for other photos

Don't trust prior year guide for characters I did and wasted 45 mins walking from circus to liberty for sandy claws - of course mid walk stopped for other photos

This. Last year characters & locations changed for MNSSHP & MVMCP. Also, last year was the 1st year that MVMCP added the parade viewing to the Dessert Party. So, yes changes can occur and do occur yearly. I would only use it as a point of reference. Someone has always posted a party map early, but only like 1 day. Sometimes a character map & key is provided early too. If any of this happens, i update Post #1 ASAP.

At least you go on 2nd night, so if no one gets the inside scoop early, all would be known after 1st party. :D

This. Last year characters & locations changed for MNSSHP & MVMCP. Also, last year was the 1st year that MVMCP added the parade viewing to the Dessert Party. So, yes changes can occur and do occur yearly....

So how does the parade viewing work with the Dessert Party? Do you eat first and then go to a special location to watch the parade? Is the Dessert Party still held at Tomorrowland Terrace??

John

So how does the parade viewing work with the Dessert Party? Do you eat first and then go to a special location to watch the parade? Is the Dessert Party still held at Tomorrowland Terrace??

John

View parade 1st (Flagpole on Main St.), then walk group through new passage between MSC & Town Square theater. Dessert Party @ TT. All of this was in 2016, 2017 details have not been released. BTW - Dessert Party ADRs opened with ticket sales last year, but you still had to be with in 180D.

Wait a minute. There's a Dessert Party DURING MVMCP??????? For the fireworks AND the parade?????? Why did I not know this???? How much are the tickets?

Wait a minute. There's a Dessert Party DURING MVMCP??????? For the fireworks AND the parade?????? Why did I not know this???? How much are the tickets?

There has been a Dessert Party in the past, just Wishes Dessert Party during party, last year they gave it a name added parade viewing and a treat. It's on Post #1 - Is There A Special Dessert Party. It's empty since details have not been released for 2017. Will update when details are released.
You can look at last years 2016 thread, Post #3, for 2016 details. :santa:

There has been a Dessert Party in the past, just Wishes Dessert Party during party, last year they gave it a name added parade viewing and a treat. It's on Post #1 - Is There A Special Dessert Party. It's empty since details have not been released for 2017. Will update when details are released.
You can look at last years 2016 thread, Post #3, for 2016 details. :santa:
I need to pay better attention to these boards. :o

This is awesome. The only aspect of Disney that I absolutely HATE is trying to get a decent spot to watch parades and fireworks. If I can pop for a Dessert Party and not have to worry about it, then by golly, take my money, Disney!!!

This is awesome. The only aspect of Disney that I absolutely HATE is trying to get a decent spot to watch parades and fireworks. If I can pop for a Dessert Party and not have to worry about it, then by golly, take my money, Disney!!!

:rotfl2:
Yes, that was our issue with our 1st MVMCP, I knew in advance about the crowds, we were there almost an hour early and PP just come and move you out the way. Not worth it and kills the Disney Magic. I was disheartened that MNSSHP and these perks, but not MVMCP. I get more stuff/offerings for Halloween with theme & Villains, etc., but they think outside the box on everything else, why not MVMCP? Most PP are negative about the Dessert Party during MNSSHP/MVMCP. It's worth the money to me!!!! Last year during MNSSHP we arrived at the Flagpole only 15minutes, prior to parade with an EXCELLENT SPOT, awesome view of Headless Horseman coming down Main St. The dessert portion could have moved better for entry, but we enjoyed the dessert and special treat, and able to rest feet. After fireworks, we went and rode more rides and met some characters. I always wondered why the parade viewing wasn't offered in the past for MVMCP like for MNSSHP. We will be booking the Dessert Party if it is offered this year. :santa:

So is it safe to say that Mondays and Wednesdays at MK will be more crowded because they are non party days?
Last year we went to the party on a thursday - night before (W) it was EMH until 1 am, so I thought SCORE we can see regular wishes and get some rides in - NOPE the crowds were unbearable trying to watch the fireworks and some of the most rude people I have ever witnessed in Disney. It was our first night there too and I was so upset - the previous year I went a week earlier and crowds were better but we also skipped Wishes.

Just an FYI if you walk up at the last minute to the parade viewing with the Dessert Party it could be pretty full already. It fills up just like the other spots same pushing and shoving at least that was our experience, then they all ran for the tables at the fireworks viewing. I have a son in a wheelchair so this was a no brainer for us but it does take up a large portion of the party, we skipped the characters so that was fine for us.

Just an FYI if you walk up at the last minute to the parade viewing with the Dessert Party it could be pretty full already. It fills up just like the other spots same pushing and shoving at least that was our experience, then they all ran for the tables at the fireworks viewing. I have a son in a wheelchair so this was a no brainer for us but it does take up a large portion of the party, we skipped the characters so that was fine for us.
Ooo, thanks for that advice!!!

Santa Claus is at MK until the 23rd. He meets next to City Hall. Beautiful setup. Hopefully, he'll be there this year as well. Santa Goofy meets during MVMCP by the Barnstormer. He was at the Contemporary on 2014.
Does anyone have a Santa visit photo from here please? Would LOVE to see! Is this available every year from this location? When does it start? Thanks!!!

Still trying to plan what day for the party. We will be there December 2nd to December 12th. I want mid week to avoid the busier party times, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter