"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so excited about this ... This will be the first time we have ever been here at Christmas

It's amazing. Make sure you get a chance to visit the Deluxe Resorts for their decorations. Each park has a Christmas tree with a PP opportunity. My family loved MVMCP. I think the Boo to You Parade is the best (MNSSHP), but my family prefers MVMCP. :D My DD9 even enjoyed CP @ EP. :santa:

Last edited:
Definitely check out the Gingerbread House @ the GF. It's awesome! DD9 enjoyed buying treats from the Gingerbread House. :goodvibes
Do you recall if GF is decorated earlier or later in the season? We are going Nov 11-18 and would love to see the Gingerbread House! (But I know it's a long shot since it is still so early in the season)

Do you recall if GF is decorated earlier or later in the season? We are going Nov 11-18 and would love to see the Gingerbread House! (But I know it's a long shot since it is still so early in the season)

Last year is was completed on November 16th. It's typically completed earlier than offerings at other resorts.

The only party available for us is Friday 12/1. We've never been during Christmas so this may be a must-do regardless of the day of the week. I loved MNSSHP in the past. We are more ride & "soak in the ambience people" than M&G so I hope it won't be too bad.
We're in the very same boat on the very same day!

ETA, okay, after some mild freaking out, I've decided to keep chanting the following mantra: Packed Party does NOT equal Packed Park. And as long as we get to see the Christmas decorations, the snow, and have a decently visible place to watch a parade and the fireworks, we'll be good. :santa:

Last edited:
When do MVMCP Tickets go on sale?
Tickets go on sale on .......

There seems to be no pattern for the announcement/ tickets go on sale days. Any projections when I should start stalking the site to buy tickets? It will be our first time going this time of year and I am so excited to finally pick the right dates!!!

We're in the very same boat on the very same day!

ETA, okay, after some mild freaking out, I've decided to keep chanting the following mantra: Packed Party does NOT equal Packed Park. And as long as we get to see the Christmas decorations, the snow, and have a decently visible place to watch a parade and the fireworks, we'll be good. :santa:

I've attended SOLD OUT MNSSHP and MVMCP. Had no problem with rides and M&G (Sandy Claws, Princesses with Princes/ Jack & Sally, Cruella, 7D). Typically it's the Hub area that is crowded, but it's much better since the expansion. Then certain M&Gs can be long. Have a plan, enter park @ 4pm, stand in line for the characters you want like Sandy Claws, or try after 11pm for those. If you have a plan, you will be fine. Just remember you can't do it all, i.e. rides & M&G.

PP generally post what they did & the order, this only works for later parties though, not the 1st ones, since PP haven't posted.

Last edited:

There seems to be no pattern for the announcement/ tickets go on sale days. Any projections when I should start stalking the site to buy tickets? It will be our first time going this time of year and I am so excited to finally pick the right dates!!!

I will update the 1st post once on sale date is released. DPB, KtP and others post too. Last year prices released within hours on tickets going on sale. So we just don't know. I would be surprised if ticket prices were released before May.

I've attended SOLD OUT MNSSHP and MVMCP. Had no problem with rides and M&G (Sany Claws, Princesses with Princes/ Jack & Sally, Cruella, 7D). Typically it's the Hub area that is crowded, but it's much better since the expansion. Then certain M&Gs can be long. Have a plan, enter park @ 4pm, stand in line for the characters you want like Sandy Claws, or try after 11pm for those. If you have a plan, you will be fine. Just remember you can't do it all, i.e. rides & M&G.

PP generally post what they did & the order, this only works for later parties though, not the 1st ones, since PP haven't posted.
M&Gs won't be a huge deal for us. My son would jump in Seven Seas Lagoon before he'd agree to a Princess M&G. :D I would personally love a pic with the 7D, and will probably convince the kid to stand in line right off the bat, but rides and the shows will be the priorities. I AM planning to stalk the sites that recommend schedules... mostly because I love that kind of thing... :santa:

How long did it take for them to announce ticket sales last year? Back in 2014 sale date and prices were announced on the same day as the party dates.

How long did it take for them to announce ticket sales last year? Back in 2014 sale date and prices were announced on the same day as the party dates.

So nice to see some real people named Lucy! I feel the name is too old fashioned nowadays and the only Lucys I've encountered are dgos. Not very good for my self-esteem, let me tell you.
I know quite a few Lucy's my daughters age (10) :) buuuuuuuuuuuuuut....it's also one of my Dad's dogs names LOL (sorry)

We have been there twice since Diagon Alley opened. We stayed at Cabana Bay, which was nice. I would say it is between a Disney value and Disney moderate. We hope to split and do both Disney and Universal. Although I'd rather spend the money going to Universal and see this over the Christmas party, which we have done I believe three times.
I wonder how many people who have gone to Disney's party already will opt for this one. I know I wish we could do both, but the Universal one starts when we're hoping to already be at Disney (not quite booked yet :( ) and there's litle wiggle room because we planed it around the Disney Christmas party. hahahahha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter