***Official November 2016 Thread***

Hey guys! So I've used Touring Plans and Easy WDW to pick which parks we'll go to on specific days. We have six days in the parks, so we're doing 2 MK, 2 EP, 1 DHS, 1 AK. Overall park attendance is supposed to be lower this week, so I am happy about that, but I picked three park days based on Touring Plans data that are not recommended parks by EasyWDW. If there is anyone else going the week of 11/12-11/19, I'd be curious to know your selections. So far, mine are:

11/13 - MK
11/14 - HS
11/15 - EP
11/16 - MK (Wishes is a must-do for me)
11/17 - AK

11/18 - EP

I highlighted the ones that are not EasyWDW recommended in red. In your opinion, this time of year, how important is it, really, that these are not recommended parks? I last went in October 2014 and found that I could have easily gotten by without FP+, even...

Hey guys! So I've used Touring Plans and Easy WDW to pick which parks we'll go to on specific days. We have six days in the parks, so we're doing 2 MK, 2 EP, 1 DHS, 1 AK. Overall park attendance is supposed to be lower this week, so I am happy about that, but I picked three park days based on Touring Plans data that are not recommended parks by EasyWDW. If there is anyone else going the week of 11/12-11/19, I'd be curious to know your selections. So far, mine are:

11/13 - MK
11/14 - HS
11/15 - EP
11/17 - AK

11/18 - EP

I highlighted the ones that are not EasyWDW recommended in red. In your opinion, this time of year, how important is it, really, that these are not recommended parks? I last went in October 2014 and found that I could have easily gotten by without FP+, even...
Same week here. Almost the same park days, except 11/14 = AK, 11/15 = HS, 11/16 = free day, 11/17 = MK. Keeps changing due to ADRs.

I was really hoping Neil Patrick Harris was going to be the narrator for CP right after Thanksgiving...bummer, he doesn't begin until the 28th (day we leave). Would have been worth searching for a CP resservation, but now we will stick to what we have and maybe just hang out and listen outside the pavilion.

Question: if you had to choose between dinner at Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, or Akershus...based on food, not characters at this point, which would you go for? Ive been trying to youtube videos of dinners at each restaurant, but they are mostly focused on the characters...although I would love to hang with the Princesses for dinner!

I was really hoping Neil Patrick Harris was going to be the narrator for CP right after Thanksgiving...bummer, he doesn't begin until the 28th (day we leave). Would have been worth searching for a CP resservation, but now we will stick to what we have and maybe just hang out and listen outside the pavilion.

Question: if you had to choose between dinner at Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, or Akershus...based on food, not characters at this point, which would you go for? Ive been trying to youtube videos of dinners at each restaurant, but they are mostly focused on the characters...although I would love to hang with the Princesses for dinner!
We've only done 1900 PF breakfast so I'm no help there, but we have done Akershus lunch and CP dinner. Based on food alone we do really like the dinner buffet at CP, lots of choices. That's not to say we didn't like the food at Akershus, though :)
That stinks you'll miss NPH, we loved hearing him narrate the CP!

I personally wasn't that impressed with 1900 PF dinner. We just did it in May and the food was lackluster. I loved Akershus lunch and the dinner menu is similar. Those meatballs are to die for! I've only done breakfast at CP, but it's one of our favorites! I know, not much help, but I think I would choose Akershus personally.

And NPH. I want to plan a trip just to see him narrate the Candelight Processional, but unfortunately I don't think it's in the budget now that we've moved to the great northeast and it's a month after my W&D trip. It is only a week before my birthday though (which I'm hoping to do a weekend in NYC for), but it's tempting to forgo the big city for NPH! ;)

Last edited:
We all enjoyed 1900 PF and Crystal Palace, but no one in my family liked Akershus. In fact my ds threw up. ;) ( But, he does gag rather easily, and he did have the flu). He took a big bite out of cold salmon-expecting it to be hot, and it was all over after that. *shudders* So we are a little biased at this point.

11/13 - MK
11/14 - HS
11/15 - EP
11/17 - AK

11/18 - EP

I'm going many of the same days! So, here's the thing about MK that week... There's a party on 11/13 and 11/15, I believe, so MK is closing early. It's also closing early on 11/17 for a private party. That means most people who are going to MK that week will probably be going on the 14th and 16th, so they don't have shortened hours.

I don't think they're predicting big crowds for any of those days, but the 14th & 16th will be busier than the others. I hope that helps! We're going on 11/17, even though they close at 4:30pm. We're going to hit the parks at opening and stay all day. I imagine the kids will be tired and ready to crash at 4:30pm anyway, so it'll work out for us. I think the park's crowds will be very low that day--probably just people with park hoppers who will plan on hopping to another park in the evening when MK closes.

I think we're doing:

11/15 - MVMCP
11/16 - EP & HS
11/17 - MK
11/18 - off
11/19 - AK

I'm still trying to get a reservation for Hoop Dee Doo for Nov 17 or Nov 20 at any time- still nothing- Have been trying a few times a day since my 180 day mark. Anyone have any luck with these dates?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I just switched our resort and added another day for our November trip. Since we are staying at the BC in March DD really wanted to stay at the AKL. We haven't been since she was little. We are now staying Nov 20-27 at the AKL with Free Dining :cool1:

We all enjoyed 1900 PF and Crystal Palace, but no one in my family liked Akershus. In fact my ds threw up. ;) ( But, he does gag rather easily, and he did have the flu). He took a big bite out of cold salmon-expecting it to be hot, and it was all over after that. *shudders* So we are a little biased at this point.
Oh no! That doesn't sound great at all!! I know that Akershus would have a bit of a different menu as it's a "country" restaurant and the other two would be more generic-which is why I am leaning more towards keeping our CP reservation or trying to snag 1900 PF since my bro's gf is pretty picky...but then when I put characters into the mix, I don't know if I want to hang with Pooh and friends, when I could be surrounded by princesses or Cinderella and the gang!

I personally wasn't that impressed with 1900 PF dinner. We just did it in May and the food was lackluster. I loved Akershus lunch and the dinner menu is similar. Those meatballs are to die for! I've only done breakfast at CP, but it's one of our favorites! I know, not much help, but I think I would choose Akershus personally.

And NPH. I want to plan a trip just to see him narrate the Candelight Processional, but unfortunately I don't think it's in the budget now that we've moved to the great northwest and it's a month after my W&D trip. It is only a week before my birthday though (which I'm hoping to do a weekend in NYC for), but it's tempting to forgo the big city for NPH! ;)
I've heard and read 1900 PF is great, and then that it's not worth it...which is kind of what I'm getting on here as well, it seems we will just have to decide as a group what we should do and either love it or hate it.
I am seriously so sad that we are missing him by one day! If I could, I would extend our trip by another day, but seeing as I have already done that...the family probably wouldn't be too happy with me :) He seems to be a Disney favorite, so maybe another time.

We've only done 1900 PF breakfast so I'm no help there, but we have done Akershus lunch and CP dinner. Based on food alone we do really like the dinner buffet at CP, lots of choices. That's not to say we didn't like the food at Akershus, though :)
That stinks you'll miss NPH, we loved hearing him narrate the CP!
I know!! That's why I am so bummed! One day...it'll happen!!

Alright, so what I'm hearing is we should keep our CP dinner buffet reservation as no one seemed to have any negatives about it. I guess I'll have to get my Princess fill somewhere else princess:

I'm still trying to get a reservation for Hoop Dee Doo for Nov 17 or Nov 20 at any time- still nothing- Have been trying a few times a day since my 180 day mark. Anyone have any luck with these dates?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
I do not believe they have all the reservations add for Nov. and Dec. keep trying.

I've heard and read 1900 PF is great, and then that it's not worth it...which is kind of what I'm getting on here as well, it seems we will just have to decide as a group what we should do and either love it or hate it.
I am seriously so sad that we are missing him by one day! If I could, I would extend our trip by another day, but seeing as I have already done that...the family probably wouldn't be too happy with me :) He seems to be a Disney favorite, so maybe another time.

I will say the stepsisters were amazing! I made my 16 year old a shirt that said I love Anastasia and he was fawned over and she spent so much time with him. Cindy and Prince Charming were a little lackluster, but I booked the reservation because I thought my oldest would get a kick out of the stepsisters, and a lot of what we do is focused on the younger kids meal wise. He's not really into characters much anymore so it was fun to experience it with him again. The food was just so so. So if you're looking for characters it's a fun experience, but otherwise I'd keep somewhere with decent food! ;)

And I seriously looked at Candlelight Processional packages this morning. I didn't book one, but I desperately want to!

I will say the stepsisters were amazing! I made my 16 year old a shirt that said I love Anastasia and he was fawned over and she spent so much time with him. Cindy and Prince Charming were a little lackluster, but I booked the reservation because I thought my oldest would get a kick out of the stepsisters, and a lot of what we do is focused on the younger kids meal wise. He's not really into characters much anymore so it was fun to experience it with him again. The food was just so so. So if you're looking for characters it's a fun experience, but otherwise I'd keep somewhere with decent food! ;)

And I seriously looked at Candlelight Processional packages this morning. I didn't book one, but I desperately want to!
Good info to know...I have heard that the stepsisters, especially Anastasia, were phenomenal. We are a group of adults, but still get a kick out of seeing the characters. It seems we will probably stick with Crystal Palace in the end.

We did the Candlelight Processional last year, dinner at Biergarten...it was awesome! A part of me wants to do it again this year, but our days are limited, and I don't want to cancel dinner reservations that others in the group are looking forward to, so we may just stop by and watch a bit on the outskirts.

Thanks guys for your feedback on my park plans! I wouldn't go to MK on 11/16 except that Wishes is a must-do for me, at least once each trip... to the point that if it happened to be rained out, I think I might try to rearrange my entire week. :D So I'll just have to brave the slightly-higher crowds.

11/13 - MK
11/14 - HS
11/15 - EP
11/17 - AK

11/18 - EP

We'll be there the same dates. Here's our schedule (not attending MVMCP):
11/12: arrival; MAYBE head to MK after dinner
11/13: MK
11/14: EP (last day of F&W)
11/15: AK, HS
11/16: HS, EP
11/17: MK, HS
11/18: MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter