OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

So... I finally got my park tickets and have been looking the MDE app for the first time. Looks like my life is over until I go. XD

Within 5 minutes my finger slipped and I might have booked and 8:05 ADR for Crystal Palace on 25/11. Winnie the Pooh and the gang were some of the first Disney characters I ever loved as a toddler and I've done CP before and loved it so I'm very excited.

112 days to go!

Congrats on the CP ADR! I've been searching for that or BOG for ages (complete with TouringPlans' ADR Finder) and had no luck yet.

Congrats on the CP ADR! I've been searching for that or BOG for ages (complete with TouringPlans' ADR Finder) and had no luck yet.

Thanks! I was just browsing the dining out of curiosity, since we're meant to be doing this on a budget (meant to being the key words here XD), but it just popped up and I couldn't resist. I'm still holding out for BOG, might have to look into using the ADR finder. I see most people swear by it.

I am also THIS CLOSE to booking MVMCP for the 28th..... Noo-one on here is going to talk me out of it are they? XD

I'm trying to decide between 11/28 and 12/1 MVMCPs and leaning towards 12/1 because Epcot is open late on 11/28 so we'd probably go to Epcot for a late night 11/28 and then MVMVP for a late night 12/1.

That's what I thought XD

I thought about the 1st too, but that is our last night in the Parks, and I am planning on going to MK before heading to the airport on the 2nd, so the 28th fits nicely with giving us something special to look forward to in the second half of our stay.

I talked to my TA about this and her advice was to be patient and flexible...she said that she got BOG twice on her last trip by checking while she was there. Last night just for fun I checked for today and there was an 8:05AM BOG for 6!!!! I feel a little less stressed about it now if I don't have one before we go.

Is anyone else getting concerned about construction? I usually don't pay much attention, but it seems like it will be EVERYWHERE this year.

Is anyone else getting concerned about construction? I usually don't pay much attention, but it seems like it will be EVERYWHERE this year.
What have you heard about? I know there are a couple of new resorts and "lands" in the works, but would be interested to know what is going to be closed for construction.

Staying at VWL this TG

Looking forward to no construction while we are there

We are limiting our time in HS as there is so much going on construction wise and less stuff to do

Kind of tired of every corner you turn there is something under construction

What are everyone's feelings about leaving a day free at the end of the trip? We are going from 11/11 to 11/19. We are doing mvmcp, 1 day in MK, 1 day in Epcot (kids are 4 and 6 so they won't have nterest in a second day), 1 day in HS, and 1 day in AK. At the moment I have nothing planned for our last day, Saturday the 18th, but we have another day on our park hopper ticket to use.

My original plan was to leave it free and have the freedom to catch whatever we feel like we missed out on, but maybe losing the fast passes is too much of a sacrifice for a day of spontaneity. Any opinions?

What are everyone's feelings about leaving a day free at the end of the trip? We are going from 11/11 to 11/19. We are doing mvmcp, 1 day in MK, 1 day in Epcot (kids are 4 and 6 so they won't have interest in a second day), 1 day in HS, and 1 day in AK. At the moment I have nothing planned for our last day, Saturday the 18th, but we have another day on our park hopper ticket to use.

My original plan was to leave it free and have the freedom to catch whatever we feel like we missed out on, but maybe losing the fast passes is too much of a sacrifice for a day of spontaneity. Any opinions?

So you'll be there for more days than you listed plans for. I see only four days at the parks. Or did I misread it? How many days are on your park passes? What are your plans on the weekends? Why can't you do five weekdays at the park and the weekends as your free days at the pool, and/or Disney Springs? In your case I would do Mon-Fri with 2 days at MK, because of the ages of your children.

We always go to the parks week days only and spend the 3 weekends relaxing at the pool or going to Disney Springs.

Last edited:
So you'll be there for more days than you listed plans for. I see only four days at the parks. Or did I misread it? How many days are on your park passes? What are your plans on the weekends? Why can't you do five weekdays at the park and the weekends as your free days at the pool, and/or Disney Springs? In your case I would do Mon-Fri with 2 days at MK, because of the ages of your children.

We always go to the parks weed days only and spend the 3 weekends relaxing at the pool or going to Disney Springs.

We arrive on Saturday, eating dinner at the resort (AKL) and relaxing. Sunday AK, Monday HS, Tuesday late breakfast + BBB + MVMCP, Wednesday Epcot, Thursday Legoland, Friday MK, Saturday TBD. We have 5 day Park hopper passes.

So guess who impulse ADR'd again?

Well sort of, I actually asked my touring buddy's permission this time.

But I got us Fantasmic dining package for lunch at Mama Melrose on 24/11. Also never seen Fantasmic before so very very excited for this!

We arrive on Saturday, eating dinner at the resort (AKL) and relaxing. Sunday AK, Monday HS, Tuesday late breakfast + BBB + MVMCP, Wednesday Epcot, Thursday Legoland, Friday MK, Saturday TBD. We have 5 day Park hopper passes.
Ah. You slipped Legoland in there. LOL. Nice.

Can't you have your late breakfast on Tuesday and then head over to MK for the day with your park tickets, and just stay for the party? You'll get a long day at MK and you can take your time enjoying it without rushing. Then you can relax the last Saturday.

Why do you have Park Hoppers? It doesn't look like you'll be park hopping.:confused3

Incidentally, we will be at the same parks as you on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday! I guess we looked at the same crowd calendar. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter