OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Ah. You slipped Legoland in there. LOL. Nice.

Can't you have your late breakfast on Tuesday and then head over to MK for the day with your park tickets, and just stay for the party? You'll get a long day at MK and you can take your time enjoying it without rushing. Then you can relax the last Saturday.

Why do you have Park Hoppers? It doesn't look like you'll be park hopping.:confused3

Incidentally, we will be at the same parks as you on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday! I guess we looked at the same crowd calendar. :thumbsup2

We have the Armed Forces Salute tickets, they only come with park hoppers.

Tuesday is a little mid-week break for us, we will be out late at the party, so I didn't want to be spending the whole day at MK. We are doing BBB at Disney Springs at 2, then getting in for the party right at 4. We have a Dinner ADR at CRT at 5:30p.

I used Touring Plans Crowd Calendars. Hope it pays off!

But I either need to plan something for Saturday, or wing it. I really want to wing it, but that seems to not be a popular decision among DISers.

Tuesday is a little mid-week break for us, we will be out late at the party, so I didn't want to be spending the whole day at MK. We are doing BBB at Disney Springs at 2, then getting in for the party right at 4. We have a Dinner ADR at CRT at 5:30p.

But I either need to plan something for Saturday, or wing it. I really want to wing it, but that seems to not be a popular decision among DISers.
Yeah, your Tuesday sounds good. I thought your BBB was at MK at 2pm. I missed the Disney Springs part. Sorry.

Can you plan it and then just make your decision to 'stick to the plan or not' your "wing it"? LOL. I'm a planner for sure, but winging it could be more fun. You could ask the kids which park they would really like to go back to, and if they have different answers you can use that park hopping! Maybe leave your dinner plans up to chance as to what ADRs are available if you want to do table service.

When we the choice up to our kids once they requested the day at the pool.

Epcot is supposed to be a good park to go on a Saturday after Food and Wine is no longer running. Too bad you don't think your kids will want to go back. Oh well, I guess I haven't been any help. :sad2:

Last edited:
Yeah, your Tuesday sounds good. I thought your BBB was at MK at 2pm. I missed the Disney Springs part. Sorry.

Can you plan it and then just make your decision to 'stick to the plan or not' your "wing it"? LOL. I'm a planner for sure, but winging it could be more fun. You could ask the kids which park they would really like to go back to, and if they have different answers you can use that park hopping! Maybe leave your dinner plans up to chance as to what ADRs are available if you want to do table service.

When we the choice up to our kids once they requested the day at the pool.

Epcot is supposed to be a good park to go on a Saturday after Food and Wine is no longer running. Too bad you don't think your kids will want to go back. Oh well, I guess I haven't been any help. :sad2:

Maybe we could plan one park in the morning, another after nap for that day. Like you said, that day could be the flexible one where either we can go with the plan or not.

You were lots of help, thanks for your input!

What are everyone's feelings about leaving a day free at the end of the trip? We are going from 11/11 to 11/19. We are doing mvmcp, 1 day in MK, 1 day in Epcot (kids are 4 and 6 so they won't have nterest in a second day), 1 day in HS, and 1 day in AK. At the moment I have nothing planned for our last day, Saturday the 18th, but we have another day on our park hopper ticket to use.

My original plan was to leave it free and have the freedom to catch whatever we feel like we missed out on, but maybe losing the fast passes is too much of a sacrifice for a day of spontaneity. Any opinions?
I like the idea of leaving a free day at the end. I would still book FP for that day, though, based on what you "think" they might want to do. You can always change it later if you change your mind.

What are everyone's feelings about leaving a day free at the end of the trip? We are going from 11/11 to 11/19. We are doing mvmcp, 1 day in MK, 1 day in Epcot (kids are 4 and 6 so they won't have nterest in a second day), 1 day in HS, and 1 day in AK. At the moment I have nothing planned for our last day, Saturday the 18th, but we have another day on our park hopper ticket to use.

My original plan was to leave it free and have the freedom to catch whatever we feel like we missed out on, but maybe losing the fast passes is too much of a sacrifice for a day of spontaneity. Any opinions?

I'd probably do a wing it day at MK. We really love ending our trip there. My favorite days at MK are the ones that we see all the shows, eat all the snacks and just enjoy all the magic!

Yay! I just got an alert for BOG dinner for our MVMCP night and I managed to grab it! I'm pretty excited. I planned it for lunch, but I'd like to get a picture with Beast!
Congrats! Just curious, did you get a time before or after 6 p.m.? I'm asking because I've been wondering how to edit my Touring Plans alert to get something during the party time (i.e., after 6). I actually have a reservation during the party, but after posting here yesterday I'm thinking I may want to move it up by a few minutes to give us extra time to line up for the Frozen light show. Since the MVMCP BOG reservations after 6 p.m. are listed under MVMCP and not BOG, I'm wondering if MVMCP openings are picked up by the regular BOG Touring Plans searches.

I just read that, too. I just have to roll my eyes that the 2 hotels we chose for the next 2 trips have gondola construction going on.

I'm not sure if this will make you feel better but I stayed at Coronado last month. Even though they are doing a pretty big construction overhaul, it really didn't affect us. We could see the job sites when we drove by on the bus but never heard any work being done. And the temporary bridge was near our room so that was actually helpful to us. It wasn't a beautiful bridge but not horrible to look at.

We arrive on Saturday, eating dinner at the resort (AKL) and relaxing. Sunday AK, Monday HS, Tuesday late breakfast + BBB + MVMCP, Wednesday Epcot, Thursday Legoland, Friday MK, Saturday TBD. We have 5 day Park hopper passes.

Legoland looks like so much fun. I was looking into doing it before our cruise in 2018 but I feel like it's a little too far from the Port.

I don't think there's anything wrong with winging it. But there's also no harm in making some fastpasses for rides that you think your kids would favor and they might not be available to ride unless you want to wait in long lines or get a fast pass for like Seven Dwarves. Then if you decide the night before or day of that you don't want them, just cancel and pick up something else OR do no fastpasses.

Last November we had a wing it day to do our favorites but I ended up picking up some MK fast passes for 7d which ended up being both of my kids' fav or one of their fav rides so they wanted to do that anyway. For our July trip, we didn't make a lot of ADRs because we were going to do mostly QS but dh changed his mind once we got there. I was able to pick up something each day as long. It wasn't our top choice but there was always something available.

So guess who impulse ADR'd again?

Well sort of, I actually asked my touring buddy's permission this time.

But I got us Fantasmic dining package for lunch at Mama Melrose on 24/11. Also never seen Fantasmic before so very very excited for this!

Fantasmic is a fun show. That was our favorite show last year. We don't make it to many night shows though.

Congrats! Just curious, did you get a time before or after 6 p.m.? I'm asking because I've been wondering how to edit my Touring Plans alert to get something during the party time (i.e., after 6). I actually have a reservation during the party, but after posting here yesterday I'm thinking I may want to move it up by a few minutes to give us extra time to line up for the Frozen light show. Since the MVMCP BOG reservations after 6 p.m. are listed under MVMCP and not BOG, I'm wondering if MVMCP openings are picked up by the regular BOG Touring Plans searches.

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that. I didn't want to miss much for the party so I was looking at the 4pm range and snagged a 4:50. My plan is to try to get a FP for right when we can get in at 4pm, have dinner and then do party stuff. I figured there will still be a good amount of non party goers at that time so I won't be missing much. I hoping that my daughter doesn't really want to meet characters. I'd rather catch the shows and enjoy the shorter wait times. :worship:

So excited to read that A Frozen Holiday Wish is scheduled to happen twice, though! I was worried about getting out of dinner in time to catch it in my earlier post, and it looks like we'll have two opportunities now.

My family thought Jingle Bam was really cute and enjoyed it but probably won't go again this November. We're going to try to do Happily Ever After or Illuminations. I'm going to get a ROL dining package if they open them up and try to do that since we had a fp for it in July but ended up canceling it when we decided not to go back to the park that night. We were able to do SW this summer and I'm glad that we did.

Super disappointing. We go every year and still haven't seen the SW show and we are HUGE SW fans. We skipped JBJB last year and likely will again this year--hopefully ride times will be shorter because people will be at the show on our DHS night.
Same. Bummer. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter