***Official November 2022 Thread***

I know jersey week has been discussed and we are consistent jerseyers. Guess it’s so crazy right now that United has been calling us about our return flight and saying it’s overbooked and offering us travel credits to switch. We didn’t accept bc the times stunk, but while I had her on the phone I asked if we could switch our flight down on Tuesday which I have been trying to change for months but was $400-$600/pp to change and the agent changed it for us np!!!! So now we arrive at a much more acceptable time so we can get better sleep before our park day! Rain rain go away!!!!

I know jersey week has been discussed and we are consistent jerseyers. Guess it’s so crazy right now that United has been calling us about our return flight and saying it’s overbooked and offering us travel credits to switch. We didn’t accept bc the times stunk, but while I had her on the phone I asked if we could switch our flight down on Tuesday which I have been trying to change for months but was $400-$600/pp to change and the agent changed it for us np!!!! So now we arrive at a much more acceptable time so we can get better sleep before our park day! Rain rain go away!!!!
Interesting, when’s your return flight? They haven’t called me yet?!?

We also go down Tuesday, 3pm flight

Interesting, when’s your return flight? They haven’t called me yet?!?

We also go down Tuesday, 3pm flight
It's a 1:00 flight home. My friends are flying at 6:48 and 10:50 and neither of them got a call. Not sure if it was only the 1:00. If it's United - maybe give them a call if you are looking to change! My husband wanted me to accept the 6:48 am, but no way. We will still have tickets to Universal and it opens at 8 am. We can squeeze some rides in especially if this weather affects the other days!

It's a 1:00 flight home. My friends are flying at 6:48 and 10:50 and neither of them got a call. Not sure if it was only the 1:00. If it's United - maybe give them a call if you are looking to change! My husband wanted me to accept the 6:48 am, but no way. We will still have tickets to Universal and it opens at 8 am. We can squeeze some rides in especially if this weather affects the other days!
I’m much later, we have a 5pm fight home, doubt I would take a 648am!

For those of us arriving/departing this week, you may want to lower (vastly lower?) your weather expectations. I've been out of town dealing with aging mother issues, etc, and really just realized yesterday that the chance of rain in Orlando is coming from a system in the Atlantic that appears likely to develop into a tropical system/depression this week. So this is a totally different case than 'afternoon thunderstorms'.

I'm super bummed (although knowing Nov is still hurricane season) because this is a family trip with our adult DSs + SOs. Also, I truly hate to fly and the weather on Thursday is likely to create unpleasant flying. And that's ignoring any flight delays going or returning.

I'm not trying to be a downer, but might be time to adjust expectations.

For those of us arriving/departing this week, you may want to lower (vastly lower?) your weather expectations. I've been out of town dealing with aging mother issues, etc, and really just realized yesterday that the chance of rain in Orlando is coming from a system in the Atlantic that appears likely to develop into a tropical system/depression this week. So this is a totally different case than 'afternoon thunderstorms'.

I'm super bummed (although knowing Nov is still hurricane season) because this is a family trip with our adult DSs + SOs. Also, I truly hate to fly and the weather on Thursday is likely to create unpleasant flying. And that's ignoring any flight delays going or returning.

I'm not trying to be a downer, but might be time to adjust expectations.
I’ve been monitoring and it looks like Thursday will be close to a wash out. Wednesday and Friday not as bad. However things can still shift, it’s seems if the storm doesn’t gain momentum today and tomorrow we will see way less rain, if it does will be a bit worse then the forecast currently shows. I check it many times a day!

Im packing lots of rain gear and hoping for the best! I started a thread about rain gear tips if anyone wants to follow or add their tips!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/rain-tips-give-me-them-all.3900953/

Last edited:
I’ve been monitoring and it looks like Thursday will be close to a wash out. Wednesday and Friday not as bad. However things can still shift, it’s seems if the storm doesn’t gain momentum today and tomorrow we will see way less rain, if it does will be a bit worse then the forecast currently shows. I check it many times a day!

Im packing lots of rain gear and hoping for the best! I started a thread about rain gear tips if anyone wants to follow or add their tips!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/rain-tips-give-me-them-all.3900953/
Check all sites, Weather Channel, Accuweather, NHC, NWS, local Orlando TV news, etc. Then you can average them out. We head down the 14th so fingers crossed it will be gone By then. I do sympathize with my November Peeps going next week. FYI in our Spring trip to the UK the weather turned BAD. Just remember what Rick Steves always says: you can always buy yourself out of any problem. May not be cheap but it will make a difference in how you experience the trip. In the UK there was a sudden cold front that came down from Norway—went from mild 50s (which we were prepared for) to 30s and rain, snow, hail wind. I wasted two days being miserable before I ditched the wool lined raincoat and bought a parka which I wore for the next 10 days. Completely turned the trip around for me. So think of this too as an option.

5 MORE DAYS!
We got out the glue guns today to liven up our old earhats. I added my name on the back with iron-on vinyl. The "Minnie" shirt is for me, and the "Minnie Me" shirt is for my 14yoDD, who is 3 inches taller than me! :rotfl2:
IMG_3629.jpegIMG_3627.jpeg

IMG_3630.jpegIMG_3628.jpeg
IMG_3631.jpeg

Check all sites, Weather Channel, Accuweather, NHC, NWS, local Orlando TV news, etc. Then you can average them out. We head down the 14th so fingers crossed it will be gone By then. I do sympathize with my November Peeps going next week. FYI in our Spring trip to the UK the weather turned BAD. Just remember what Rick Steves always says: you can always buy yourself out of any problem. May not be cheap but it will make a difference in how you experience the trip. In the UK there was a sudden cold front that came down from Norway—went from mild 50s (which we were prepared for) to 30s and rain, snow, hail wind. I wasted two days being miserable before I ditched the wool lined raincoat and bought a parka which I wore for the next 10 days. Completely turned the trip around for me. So think of this too as an option.
This is great advice, expensive advice but great! I feel slightly bad for my DD but we will still have fun and make the most of it right?!?

We're supposed to leave Saturday to head down! Driving from SE VA. Planning to leave at 4 am. I'm getting concerned about this tropical storm which currently shows to be over Charleston at 1 am Saturday. Debating leaving Friday early afternoon and stopping somewhere in GA overnight so we mostly miss driving through the actual storm. Anyone else driving Friday/Saturday??

Crunch time - leave tomorrow, storm is "definitely" coming, but trying to be positive. And then..........daughter spikes fever last night, was up all night, home from school today - fever, cough, congested. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Now I'm sure son will get it - and also us....

If we soldier on - flight is tomorrow at 6:00 pm. Staying first two nights at Swan and we can upgrade to an amazing suite to give ourselves some more space since. Trying to decide if the price tag is worth it. On top of it, we will be there if the weather is as bad as they are saying. Might be worth it to be able to spread out. Decisions decisions - stress upon stress. I just keep saying WHYYYY??????????

Crunch time - leave tomorrow, storm is "definitely" coming, but trying to be positive. And then..........daughter spikes fever last night, was up all night, home from school today - fever, cough, congested. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Now I'm sure son will get it - and also us....

If we soldier on - flight is tomorrow at 6:00 pm. Staying first two nights at Swan and we can upgrade to an amazing suite to give ourselves some more space since. Trying to decide if the price tag is worth it. On top of it, we will be there if the weather is as bad as they are saying. Might be worth it to be able to spread out. Decisions decisions - stress upon stress. I just keep saying WHYYYY??????????
That’s too bad. You may want to check with hotel if they have flexible rebooking policy with Covid symptoms. Some places still do but don’t advertise it. We’ve had some vacations get derailed by illness and it is definitely better to reschedule that spend all day on an expensive in a hotel room with a fever. Good luck!

This is great advice, expensive advice but great! I feel slightly bad for my DD but we will still have fun and make the most of it right?!?
Figure if you do have to buy more gear you’ll have it if you ever need it again. Honestly the minute I bought that parka it changed the whole trip and made it worth every penny. Don’t be miserable over cost, this is Vacation! Eat out less, or compromise another way, because your physical comfort is key.

Can you postpone? Nothing worse than being on vacation and being sick, along with Tropical Storm Nicole. Bring plenty of meds and masks if you do go. If it were me, the combo of all this would have me scrambling to postpone. Sick+Tropical Storms=pretty crummy time. Also with kids if it is RSV pretty risky. Good luck

We're supposed to leave Saturday to head down! Driving from SE VA. Planning to leave at 4 am. I'm getting concerned about this tropical storm which currently shows to be over Charleston at 1 am Saturday. Debating leaving Friday early afternoon and stopping somewhere in GA overnight so we mostly miss driving through the actual storm. Anyone else driving Friday/Saturday??
Maybe get on the NHC website and see their timing of where the storm will be for your times?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter