OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

Well my bad luck is getting worse. The truck battery died and was replaced. In the middle of that my ex wife who was going with us Saturday called needing help. She woke up to severe stomach pains. She was running a low blood pressure and her blood count was also low so she is in the hospital awaiting surgery to repair a perforated ulcer. Now I have to decide to go alone with my DD or just cancel and make another family happy.

Wow. Here is some pixie dust, Flametamr. pixiedust: ED

Last edited:
Joe,

I hope things go ok for the ex. The truck battery is manageable. Surgery takes a little more time.

j

Thanks Everyone. She had the hard part. She was sicker than I have seen anyone in a long time. They did surgery last night. Everything went well and she is resting in a room. Unfortunately she will not be discharged in time to go and then after she will not be able to walk and enjoy Disney. I am going in on my last work night now and will make a decision tomorrow but I'm leaning on coming on it with my DD. It's really her trip and she lives for Disney and Halloween. I will update tomorrow evening but hope to be rolling east from Alabama sometime Saturday.

Thanks Everyone. She had the hard part. She was sicker than I have seen anyone in a long time. They did surgery last night. Everything went well and she is resting in a room. Unfortunately she will not be discharged in time to go and then after she will not be able to walk and enjoy Disney. I am going in on my last work night now and will make a decision tomorrow but I'm leaning on coming on it with my DD. It's really her trip and she lives for Disney and Halloween. I will update tomorrow evening but hope to be rolling east from Alabama sometime Saturday.

Glad to hear things went well.

A slow panic is building inside of me....

So much to do, so little time.

I bought 500 pieces of chocolate candy (the good stuff) and I am torn: it's probably not enough but it's WAY more than I've ever bought before.

Also there is a list building on my desk of the Trip's "To Do" while at Disney and it keeps growing. Some activities are on the Fort October Movie/Rec event sheet but I've got a few that aren't.

It's really bad timing for some of the events. I am a space nerd and would love to see a launch at the Kennedy Space Center while on a Disney trip. And there is one next week, a SpaceX launch but it's scheduled for Monday Oct 30 with a launch window of 330-6pm which is right around the golf cart parade time. A rocket launch would be cool:

giphy.gif

They have just about perfected how to stick the landing. Sometimes they land the first stage back on the barge:

giphy.gif

And if the payload is light enough, they can land it back at KSC:

giphy.gif

View from the rocket itself coming in (time elapsed):

giphy.gif

Not to be mean but I am hoping something causes them to push back the launch away from Monday to a later day next week so maybe I can go see it. Don't know what the landing plans are for next week's mission - sometimes they have to use all the fuel to get the payload delivered to orbit.

Saw a little bit of rain chances next week in the forecast - hoping those aren't too bad.

Bama Ed

BTW - if anyone wants to come over Saturday night Nov 4 and watch Bama-LSU with me on tv, you are welcome to come (and you don't HAVE to pull for the Tide).

Been Lucky enough to see 3 launches. One Titan Rocket and the Endeavour (STS-123) which were both night launches and most recently the Space X back in early May. Hope it works out for you.

Can;t believe how fast the time is going by.

The pool day (Tue) was nice, it was cloudy for the most part so it kept the temps nice and the pool less crowded. Spend about 4 hours there and we were then off to MNSSHP. We arrived about 350p and they had started letting people in around 345p. Got our wrist bands and they directed us up the Main St bypass where they gave us our bad and first treats. We had a few FP's before the party began and even with that the crowds were not that bad. As the night went on, with the exception of the 7DMT, most rides seemed to be walk-on's or pretty close too it. We saw all 4 Princesses at the hall in less then 10 min and got quite a few magic shots with little wait. 8yo DD was a trooper and the next thing we knew it was 1130p as we were walking down Main St and back to the boat.

On Wed we were off to HS, just myself , DD, DW and mom. The others were at MK and Epcot. We always plan late morning FP's after a party so we didn't have to rush and today wasn't an exception and we arrived around 1045a, just in time as they ended at 11a. I had Tower Of Terror as the others had Star Tours. TT had had issues earlier so they were clearing the FP line so it probably took 20 min just to get in. After TT Aerosmith had just reopened so I was able to ride that as a single and it took maybe 10 min to get seated and be done with the ride. Our next FP was all together at Toy Story and we were off that by noon. After that I started to not feel well. At first I though it might be those 3 rides in quick succession. But as the day went on I realized it wasn't. I came back to the cabin to lay down before dinner and went back to HS to meet up for dinner at H&V. After dinner I still was not feeling better so I headed back while they stayed for Fantasmic. DD really wanted to see it. I was back to the Fort just before 7 and was in bed shortly thereafter. I didn't get up until 8a.

Today it was eviction day for both my brother and sisters families and it was back to MK and then dinner at MBYBBQ for us. I was feeling better but still not 100% but stuck it out for 4-5 hours before I headed back to lay down before dinner. We met a few characters, rode quite a few rides including the riverboat which DW has been dying to do, and DD did almost all of the Sorcerers Card things. She saw it in Youtube and has been talking about it ever since. As always MBYBBQ did not disappoint. Lot's of food and good times and of course the characters were great. I love how they interact with everyone dancing all around. After dinner we bundled up a bit as it's getting chilly at night and went looping.

Tomorrow is breakfast at 1900 PF, hanging by the pool and Epcot for dinner and Illuminations.

Joe,
Here's hoping all goes well. Glad she came through surgery okay. Wishing all of you safe travels.

Glad things went well for her Joe. Hope things work out for you and the DD. She does enjoy the Fort and Disney at Halloween. How's that Mickey light?
Steve

I didn't post a lot of pictures from our trip to the Fort this October so I thought I would post a couple of pics from recent October outings with my DS. One pic that our Alabama Disers may like.

My son took me to the Eagles concert in Louisville for my birthday. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
wDwvGbk.jpg

That is Deacon Frey on the left big screen. He did a great job filling in for his father, the late Glenn Frey. Vince Gill is also performing with the Eagles on this tour. You would think that he has always been a member of the Eagles.

We finished up the concert tour for this year with...............Alabama. Even though Randy Owen and Teddy Gentry were the only original members performing tonight, they did an outstanding job.

F9BvFR2.jpg

Love the supergroup Alabama, Jets70.

If you saw Teddy and Randy, you saw 95%+ of the vocal and songwriting talent of that band.

Bama Ed

PS - Their song, Dixieland Delight, used to be a staple at the Alabama home football games in the second half. Sadly, though, it was banned (and still is) because the student section came up with some clever, funny, no-no lyrics to chant between what the band sings. (who knows how those things really get started.) YouTube is your friend if you are interested (some of their links have the student lyrics listed in the comments).

Gotta love those students sections @bama_ed . We at UK have a little ad lib that the student section interjectes into the song Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show when playing that orange and white team to the south of us. :rotfl2:
Travel safe Ed and have a great time at the Fort for Halloween :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Just got a text that my site is ready, 1631, not my favorite loop(1700) but we will take it, we are not picky. Never fails when we are there And ready for our site, it's not, and when we are still at home it is! Ugh, hope DH gets home soon.

Just got a text that my site is ready, 1631, not my favorite loop(1700) but we will take it, we are not picky. Never fails when we are there And ready for our site, it's not, and when we are still at home it is! Ugh, hope DH gets home soon.

You are almost there, Terri.

I just realized that my planned route down I-75 early tomorrow morning was going to be about the same time a lot of Georgia fans will head the same way from Atlanta to Jacksonville for the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party (GA-FL game). So I won't be going via Atlanta. Instead the route will be Montgomery to Dothan to I10 towards Tallahassee.

Did a little packing of the car during my lunch break. More later this evening.

Plus, I got all the good games for tomorrow written down with their XM channel number since I will be on the road for some pretty good games. I like passing the time by listening to college football games while driving.

Bama Ed

You are almost there, Terri.

I just realized that my planned route down I-75 early tomorrow morning was going to be about the same time a lot of Georgia fans will head the same way from Atlanta to Jacksonville for the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party (GA-FL game). So I won't be going via Atlanta. Instead the route will be Montgomery to Dothan to I10 towards Tallahassee.

Did a little packing of the car during my lunch break. More later this evening.

Plus, I got all the good games for tomorrow written down with their XM channel number since I will be on the road for some pretty good games. I like passing the time by listening to college football games while driving.

Bama Ed

Hoping you have a good drive down. See you at the Fort.

Terri and Ed,

Have some safe trips down. I'm heading out camping tonight, but a cold front went through and we are expecting our first freeze of the season tonight and tomorrow night. Good think I finally pulled the pool pump in yesterday. :-)

Looks like I'll be winterizing the camper on Sunday. Sad day each season.

j

Well the ex wife's surgery went well. She is resting but no idea when she will be discharged. My DD and I are going to go ahead and go tomorrow. I am working on a solution to get the ex and her DD there in a day or few. Got off at 6am this morning and after a nap started loading the camper. Of course it starts raining after I have cleaned and moped and started loading the inside stuff. So I will be cleaning again once we arrive Sunday. Hope everyone has a safe trip and we'll update as we start that way. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

In my “office” “driving” to Orlando! Safe travels in for all for weekend....can’t wait for TE tomorrow!! It’s funny, the flight attendant working with me this weekend has her husband traveling on a Southwest Airlines flight that is 25 miles in front of us going down to stay as well for their anniversary today...and they are going to Food & Wine!

B75F5969-38CB-4E85-A051-A38C5538130A.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter