***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you very much for posting your CM friend's preview review. more, more, more juicy details please....love reading about the new land. Exciting!

Mandatory diet makes me question the review. As a former CM there would never be a mandatory diet they would assign them to a different location. Also I am not 100% sure if riding the attraction is mandatory as they can do safety checks with someone else on the team riding if it is apart of the drill.

Mandatory diet makes me question the review. As a former CM there would never be a mandatory diet they would assign them to a different location. Also I am not 100% sure if riding the attraction is mandatory as they can do safety checks with someone else on the team riding if it is apart of the drill.
That's why I posted the warning. I believe the signage info as its been said there will be little signage in the land. The waist info seems weird.

That's why I posted the warning. I believe the signage info as its been said there will be little signage in the land. The waist info seems weird.

Yeah. One of the guys doing the ABC walk through was bigger. I guess maybe it could be an issue but it isn't Disney's MO to force CMs to diet.

I would guess that the opening crew for the new attraction is something CMs sign up for specifically and they want to be on that crew. So, I could imagine that the CM was told that if he wants to stay with this location, he has to lose some weight. So, the word "mandatory" might be a bit too strong, but the general notion can still be correct.

I have no clue if CMs need to be able to go on the ride they work at, but maybe they don't want to have trouble with scheduling to make sure that there are always enough others around who can ride?

Pretty sweet design for the name tag.

As soon as I saw that name Beau I knew he had to be from Louisiana lol

10xask1.jpg

I really think not putting up enough signage is a mistake. Personally, I get annoyed quickly when I'm trying to find a place & there isn't enough signs or the signage isn't correct. I'm sure that would be multipled when it's in a crowded area, trying to find the entrance to a ride. And I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way.

I really think not putting up enough signage is a mistake. Personally, I get annoyed quickly when I'm trying to find a place & there isn't enough signs or the signage isn't correct. I'm sure that would be multipled when it's in a crowded area, trying to find the entrance to a ride. And I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way.

I can't see it being that hard to navigate around Pandora. With only two rides and a couple others buildings, I can't see people being that confused. I think how they didn't want to put a lot of signage when AK opened was an issue just because of how big it is. But with Pandora only being a fraction of the park, it can't be that bad.

But we'll see. I'm ready to get in there for the AP preview

Cool-is this the first "themed" CM name tag at WDW?
If you look closely at DHS CM's name tags, you may notice that some have a Star Wars related location as the home town. CMs working Club Villain wore themed name tags, but the non-catering staff had a made up name that fit the party theme. Kinda confusing for the CMs because guests refereed to them by the name on the tag, but sometimes the CM didn't respond because it wasn't their real name.

Some second hand Pandora info from WDWMagic.

This is interesting information, thanks for sharing. I would say the biggest question this brings to mind are about the waist requirements. Hopefully this maximum waist requirement is not very low. I would feel bad for people being excluded from riding for this reason. It also makes me wonder if there is any minimum waist requirement. We were hoping by 4 year old could ride, and she is at the very minimum of the height requirement at 44 inches tall.

This is interesting information, thanks for sharing. I would say the biggest question this brings to mind are about the waist requirements. Hopefully this maximum waist requirement is not very low. I would feel bad for people being excluded from riding for this reason. It also makes me wonder if there is any minimum waist requirement. We were hoping by 4 year old could ride, and she is at the very minimum of the height requirement at 44 inches tall.
i mean Jon Landau is a pretty big guy and he rides it

I can't see it being that hard to navigate around Pandora. With only two rides and a couple others buildings, I can't see people being that confused. I think how they didn't want to put a lot of signage when AK opened was an issue just because of how big it is. But with Pandora only being a fraction of the park, it can't be that bad.

But we'll see. I'm ready to get in there for the AP preview
I am guessing you don't spend much time outside The Little Mermaid ride. With the stand by, FP+ and meet and greet queue, people are always confused. And those are marked! I predict they will be forced to add the signage they should have from the start within a month of opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter